Spain's training for their final match of the World Cup witnessed dramatic scenes, according to a report in Spanish newspaper AS, as Cesc Fabregas clashed with manager Vicente Del Bosque.

Fabregas was reportedly ordered to hand over his training bib and sit the session out, with La Roja's coach apparently feeling that the new Chelsea signing wasn’t working hard enough in training.

AS reports that Del Bosque was critical of Cesc’s attitude during Saturday's session, believing that Fabregas wasn’t working with the necessary intensity or the right body language. Xabi Alonso took the bib instead.

Fabregas is said to feel Del Bosque hasn’t given him a fair chance at the World Cup: he was in the starting XI until recently, but was merely the third substitute introduced against the Netherlands and he didn’t even get on to the pitch in the defeat by Chile.

The incident isn’t though to be serious enough to push Fabregas out of the reckoning for the side to play Australia on Monday in Spain’s last World Cup game, with Marca reporting that Fabregas will start.

Gerard Pique pulled out of training for the match with an abductor injury, while Iker Casillas may be replaced by Pepe Reina.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rio-report/del-bosque-orders-lazy-fabregas-training-093411475.html

You know what, GOOD! If I was a spain player of fabregas' quality, I would be pissed too and train without intensity. What would be the point? The manager obviously doesn't respect or trust me (cesc in this case) enough to play me, even though the first choice players have been woeful. When you watch your country crash out of the competition knowing you could have made a real difference, then it's understandable.

Edited by enigma

I've just realised, if it's true about Barcelona signing Suarez, we basically helped fund it with this signing.

Ha, fabulous. We buy a top class player which results in helping Barcelona be able to buy Liverpool's best player.

Guest RFC_CFC

I've just realised, if it's true about Barcelona signing Suarez, we basically helped fund it with this signing.

Ha, fabulous. We buy a top class player which results in helping Barcelona be able to buy Liverpool's best player.

On downside we are also helping either Arsenal or Liverpool sign Sanchez :(

Look at us after the Drog :(

Exactly! These are special players. Suarez' reported price is huge but if you think how many games he will actually play per season you think if he really is worth all that. He is a magnet for bad publicity. He will bite or abuse again. He is a liability in that sense.