you went from 'dont need him' to 'future captain' in a month though

Jose clearly wanted him which is always an opinion changing fact. He knows better whereas we are merely speculating. Rio Ferdinand is also captain material but I don't want him near Chelsea...sadly he is a lot nearer us.

Honestly, I cant even remember what I said when it first was rumored. Looks to be everything we have been lacking, his directness is a breath of fresh air, I have really high hopes for him and Costa.

In b4 Gem mocks me with that pic again lmao

What? It was a (very!) nice picture.

And yet in this very same thread at post #75 you said this:

Sorry, meant to say, point of thread, absolute no to Fabregas, the thought of him at our club repulses me.

Perhaps in your case it's just a repulsive attraction....

Always admired his talent, jealous he was a Gooner, never thought for a minute we would sign him., glad we have, gotten over my repulsion ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RFC_CFC

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says his club have moved on from the exit of Frank Lampard by signing Cesc Fabregas.

Lampard, 36, left in the summer at the end of his contract before the Blues signed midfielder Fabregas, 27, from Barcelona as his replacement.

"Frank is the history of the club, history nobody can forget," said Mourinho.

"Fabregas is the future; history is history but the future is more important at the moment."

Lampard signed for Major League Soccer side New York City in the summer but returned to the Premier League by signing for Chelsea's rivals Manchester City on loan until January.

He spent 13 years at Stamford Bridge and is the club's all-time leading scorer with 211 goals but could face Chelsea when City play them in the top flight on 21 September.

Mourinho added: "My opinion, and the opinion of my players, is that Fabregas is the right player to occupy that central position in midfield."