Future captain of Chelsea as I said before. Controls our game and leads by example. He also has that winning mentality. Ideal captain if you ask me. Don't know how vocalhe is among other players but not sure if it matters.

After reading Craig Bellamy's biography, I learnt that it's VERY important to have a vocal captain.

He's also a misguided mouthy bell end.

Ward - I was talking about his Arsenal time. He was very clearly overused and burned out. It's a damning indictment on Wenger that we can say the same thing about van Persie, Nasri and Ramsay too.

Is it Wenger or the medical team at the club? Either way is a complete folly and clearly a problem because as you stated in your post; players suddenly have half the health problems they had while at the Emirates.

Okay thanks for pointing that out.

But could you please read my full posts instead of just quoting very tiny bit I say, you might find out that I actually made a... point.

In response to the rest of your post it would be either Ramires or Van Ginkel who would come in if Cesc got injured.

Is it Wenger or the medical team at the club? Either way is a complete folly and clearly a problem because as you stated in your post; players suddenly have half the health problems they had while at the Emirates.

I'm almost 100% convinced it's Wenger. Medical staff only correct what is presented to them; ultimately it's Wenger and his coaching team who are responsible for injury prevention management and minimising risk of aggravated injury.

The word on the street from several people in the performance industry is that Arsenal's practices are backward and outdated and they have demonstrated intransigence when called to improve. We as fans can relate to this what we see on the field and that's Wenger relying on a star player to the point of their physical and mental exhaustion. Truth is injury to key players is a convenient excuse for mediocrity and we know Wenger to be one who would rather blame conspiracy and circumstance than take responsibility for failure.

One of the best things about him is set piece delivery.  Consistently beating the first man and putting the ball with pace near the middle of the area where we can attack it.  LOVE IT

What, are you telling me that Set pieces dont have to be blasted 10 rows back into the stands?

Premier League Verified account

‏@premierleague

POLL RESULT Half of you believe @cesc4official will get the most assists in the #BPL this season. Thanks for voting!

BvkIIDCIMAACTBJ.png

Looks like three years out of the PL did nothing to his FabrePass reputation in people's eyes.

Basically:

5cafb1c59a37acb6f045856a5928967d64371ace

Not sure what I like more, FabrePass or that photo of Jose with that headline...

Premier League Verified account
‏@premierleague
POLL RESULT Half of you believe @cesc4official will get the most assists in the #BPL this season. Thanks for voting! 
BvkIIDCIMAACTBJ.png
Looks like three years out of the PL did nothing to his FabrePass reputation in people's eyes.
Basically:
5cafb1c59a37acb6f045856a5928967d64371ace

I'm surprised to see Ozil ahead of Silva. Silva is far better at picking out a pass than Ozil is.

I'm surprised to see Ozil ahead of Silva. Silva is far better at picking out a pass than Ozil is.

I agree, but Silva isn't really known for making a lot of assists. He had 15 assists only once, in 2011, but other than that he never had more than 9 assists in a season. Strange for a player of his ability. Ozil so far didn't impress in the PL, but he had a few seasons in La Liga with 17 assists.

Unlike both of them, Cesc had 20 assists in the PL one season and since 2006, he consistently had 10-15 assists in all other seasons despite being out injured for months at Arsenal. His injuries seem to have stopped, so if he can stay fit, realistically he can definitely get the most assists now that he isn't discouraged from playing riskier passes and actually has runners in the team for his through balls. Schürrle should benefit the most from Fabregas's passes.

• 2 weeks later...