Funny not seen anything said about that stamp on his arm, and although it wasn't mega bad it was intentionally done to hurt Fabregas and possibly to wind him up enough to get sent off. If Costa had done that then he would have been hung out by the press.

Defensively he could be better but in general just what the doctor ordered - a deep-lying playmaker who can dislodge the most parked of buses. His vision, passing ability and overall technique is just incredible and his pass to Schurrle against Burnley was simply orgasmic. I hope he doesn't miss too many games. 

Fabregas is stronger in the tackle than some give him credit for and will hold his own against most. Perhaps does not have the speed of the like on Ramires to recover his ground but I'd think that JM is fairly pleased with his defensive work.

Love almost everything he's done for us so far but was shocked to see him give the ball away near our own corner once or twice yesterday. Luckily no goals came of it but should be punting it clear instead if trying to dribble out.

Love almost everything he's done for us so far but was shocked to see him give the ball away near our own corner once or twice yesterday. Luckily no goals came of it but should be punting it clear instead if trying to dribble out.

Probably just a bit of a hangover with having played his complete career with two tippy tappy teams. I think his transition into a proper

footballing side has been sensational.

He seemed surprised by the pace of the game and Everton pressure after the 2nd goal. You don't have games like that in La Liga. The adjustment will take a little while.

Loved watching Rayo Vallecano pin Atletico in their own half for 90 minutes last weekend and then Sociedad disintegrate Real Madrid this weekend.

If the last few years are anything to go by Everton are by and large an exception- virtually every team in England we play sits deep and hits long passes for quick forwards to nick a goal on the counter.

Loved watching Rayo Vallecano pin Atletico in their own half for 90 minutes last weekend and then Sociedad disintegrate Real Madrid this weekend.

If the last few years are anything to go by Everton are by and large an exception- virtually every team in England we play sits deep and hits long passes for quick forwards to nick a goal on the counter.

Yep Spanish football has been hit with an unfair stigma.  Martinez has got Everton playing like a stereotypical Spanish side and I think it's a lovely addition to the league.  I envied their ability to play the ball out and keep it under pressure.  Some of their attacking play was brilliant.  It's a shame for them that they can't seem to defend for sh*t.

Yes you do. Especially at Atletico who alternated between ferocious pressing and deep defending.

No. I've never seen Atletico do any 'ferocious pressing'. They are tactically very well organised and not once last season did they play as Everton did on Saturday.

Name one team/match in La Liga last season where you saw such a high paced game combined with 'ferocious pressing'.

Fabregas is the signing that shocked me. I didn't see it coming at all. With the departure of Lampard(Cries) we needed someone to take control of the midfield. Fab makes so much sense with all the factors included, like already being well suited to the English game. He's at the right age and he's incredibly talented. The type of player we lacked when we needed to split open 11 men walls just playing for the draw.  Most astute signing in years.

On Saturday I was surprised when he was caught in possession on two occasions plus one potentially catastrophic pass across midfield. Nowhere near the scale of the pass by the sub that resulted in Mikel's moment of splendour and the new sainted one's goal but evidence that sometimes speed adjustment to premier league could take a few games. However evidence to date has been excellent.

One things for sure, besides a few moments of getting caught out against Everton in a high energy game where possession was changing hands at a frenzied pace he has been a revelation! I was always a fan at Arsenal but I was afraid he might not be able to adapt to coming back but I was wrong. He has changed our passing game so much, having given us the remote to control the speed and intensity of our attacking game. Am I the only one who can't believe he's only been with us for a few months?

I know it's early days but he has been awesome in my eyes.