That has crossed my mind a few times tbh. Take away the International achievements, he really hasn't won an awful lot of trophies in club football. 1 FA Cup, 1 La Liga, 1 Copa Del Rey and a few other minor trophies. Would have been unlikely to add to that collection if he had gone back to Arsenal.

“I told Ramos at the time that if he has something to say to me then he should pick up the phone and call and not send messages via the media,” he said.

“Yes, I felt offended, and told Sergio how I felt. We eventually spoke on the phone and all is fine.

“It really irked me that my level of compromise was doubted. I’ve played many times and been involved in call-ups without playing.

“I’ve played 94 games for Spain over the past nine years and have always shown up... always and always in good faith. I had tendinitis in my left hamstring.”

This comment is what makes me think he woukd have chose us over Arsenal:

“I didn’t come here to just play well and that’s it. I came here to win trophies and if I could play well and enjoy myself, the better."

Arsenal have been known for years as a side that play attractive football but don't win anything.

Let's not forget aswell that Wenger himself said that he knew Cesc had already made his mind up to join Chelsea and that he thinks that deal was in place long before. So that's probably why Wenger didn't try to sign him more than he had that position covered.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

The stats are all nice and dandy but we all know at Chelsea titles and trophies are the true testament of how he has done. He's one of the best players in the league at the moment and couldn't be happier he's ours. He is a true difference maker here.

Edited by evissy

The thing about Fabregas is, much like Pirlo and Alonso, and unlike lampard, he plays the game at his pace and dictates the tempo of the entire match, so it isn't unreasonable to think that he could still be playing at the level he is now for close to another decade. He doesn't rely on physical prowess, so aging won't take its toll on him like it did on box to box players like Lamps.

I think Fabregas would definitely have gone to Arsenal if he could. He said in his statement "Yes, everyone knows that Arsenal had the first option to sign me. They decided not to take this option and therefore it wasn't meant to be" and "I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice."

In my opinion, it clearly shows Chelsea were his second choice. Where he says "therefore it wasn't meant to be" probably means that was where his first choice was and then he says "all the other offers" i.e. second choice.

I think Fabregas would definitely have gone to Arsenal if he could. He said in his statement "Yes, everyone knows that Arsenal had the first option to sign me. They decided not to take this option and therefore it wasn't meant to be" and "I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice."

In my opinion, it clearly shows Chelsea were his second choice. Where he says "therefore it wasn't meant to be" probably means that was where his first choice was and then he says "all the other offers" i.e. second choice.

Yeah I think we were too but I think it's obvious the deal was done months before. Arsenal were probably told by Barca he was available, turned down their option and then we moved in.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan