Chelsea v Aston Villa (PL) 21/08/13 KO 19:45 BST

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

We rarely have trouble with Aston Villa but we should still beware.

They're going to be heightened from their buzz of beating Le Arse... Let us be the ones to bring them crashing back to earth with an empthatic trashing.

3-0 to Chelsea.

They're in form but so are we.  Hoping to see Luiz and Mata back and Lukaku getting a start.  I'd be delighted with another efficient 2-0 but I have a feeling we'll see a few more goals in this one.  Hopefully all on our side. 

After what I just saw us do to Hull, i'm feeling quite confident about this game.

I think we'll look to do the same again, hit them with everything we have early and catch them off guard, then when we get a few goals up we'll settle and look ahead to the United game.

Any news regarding the fitness of Luiz/Dave/Moses for this game?

I'd expect Mata to start and possibly Schurrle and MvG.

Edited by Jonty

I watched their opening fixture against Arsenal and it really was down to one man; Koscielny. First goal he was nutmegged which resulted a penalty, next penalty he gave away himself and then he got sent off which dried up Arsenal's comeback. I can't believe he is a regular in a top four team let alone Team France.

Anyway Villa have good players like Benteke, Weimann and Agbonlahor. They can hurt us and at their place it isn't easy. Last season it was only 1-2 to us and we scored at death.

I'd say 1-2 to us.

I watched their opening fixture against Arsenal and it really was down to one man; Koscielny. First goal he was nutmegged which resulted a penalty, next penalty he gave away himself and then he got sent off which dried up Arsenal's comeback. I can't believe he is a regular in a top four team let alone Team France.

Anyway Villa have good players like Benteke, Weimann and Agbonlahor. They can hurt us and at their place it isn't easy. Last season it was only 1-2 to us and we scored at death.

I'd say 1-2 to us.

We're at home for this one.  We play United away on Monday.

Benteke and Agbonlahor are a good combination. Villa are a better team than Hull and will have been improved by last season's experiences.

Contrary to what some seem to be saying i don't think Chelsea are yet in good form. There were quite a few rusty bits against Hull.

I'd certainly rotate Lampard, and probably Cole as well.

We will need one eye on the United fixture, so early squad rotation will be part of the process.

Dave Cahill Luiz Bertrand

Ramires Van Ginkel

Moses Mata Schurle

Lukaku

Unlikely Mourinho will play that combo because too many changes but that's the way I'd be tempted to go.

Benteke and Agbonlahor are a good combination. Villa are a better team than Hull and will have been improved by last season's experiences.

Contrary to what some seem to be saying i don't think Chelsea are yet in good form. There were quite a few rusty bits against Hull.

I'd certainly rotate Lampard, and probably Cole as well.

We will need one eye on the United fixture, so early squad rotation will be part of the process.

Dave Cahill Luiz Bertrand

Ramires Van Ginkel

Moses Mata Schurle

Lukaku

Unlikely Mourinho will play that combo because too many changes but that's the way I'd be tempted to go.

It's just awesome how a completely different squad with only 2 players staying in yesterday's line up still looks so awesome. Proper frickin bench we got.

This is going to be a tough match for our lot, Aston Villa might have been in a relegation scrap last season but I feel they are going to be conformable this year and have just defeated Arsenal. They will be on a high for this match so we need to remain focused and do our best. 

Anyhow I'd feel more comforble if Luiz is ready to start this match, Cahill and Terry are not the best two central defenders to face Benteke and Agbonlahor 

Let's show Arsenal how it's done!

If Luiz is still injured I am concerned about the pace of Villa's forwards against JT and Cahill so I wouldn't expect our back line to push too far up. 

I think there will be a few changing to the starting XI, I'll guess. 

Cech

Dave - Cahill - JT - Cole

Ramires - van Ginkel

Schurrle - Oscar - Hazard

Lukaku

We're at home for this one. We play United away on Monday.

Is it? It is. Okay thanks for that.

Well it was 8-0 last time around but I don't see that happening wednesday.

Lot of shots against Guzan. He wasn't that good last time. So DeBruyne should start. He seems to be eager to shoot.

The only doubt I have is the pace of Benteke and Agbonlahor against Terry; wouldn't be surprised if Terry is rested for this game if Luiz is fit. Essien will fill in for Lampard, Mata for DeBruyne, should be a comfortable 3-1 win although Villa will come here on a high after beating the gooners. 

I see no reason to change the team we started with yesterday. We were on fire. What is the obsession with rotation on here? It's the start of the season. The only way the players are going to get fully fit is if they keep playing. Rotation shouldn't come into play until the winter months. Maybe mata and luiz come back in.