Willian

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 hours ago, Jangz said:

He is better than Pedro.. right now.. need him as a squad player...

Willian will consistently play at about a 5/10.

Pedro will have a 10/10 game, followed by a 1/10 game then make the rest up with 5/10 performances.

Personally i'd rather keep Pedro for the occasional worldie he plays.

4 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Willian will consistently play at about a 5/10.

Pedro will have a 10/10 game, followed by a 1/10 game then make the rest up with 5/10 performances.

Personally i'd rather keep Pedro for the occasional worldie he plays.

To be fair, Willian does have the occasional 9/10 match, but they are rarer than Pedro's so yes, if we had to keep one, it HAS to be Pedro, but in all honesty, I would rather see both go.

3 minutes ago, Nibs said:

To be fair, Willian does have the occasional 9/10 match, but they are rarer than Pedro's so yes, if we had to keep one, it HAS to be Pedro, but in all honesty, I would rather see both go.

Not just saying this because i'm not a Willian fan but i can't remember a single game like that from Willian this season. Last one i remember is Barca under Conte maybe? 

Both players need to be on their way out within the next 12 month. 

7 hours ago, Jangz said:

Problem with Willian as a squad player is that he doesn't take the role very well. 

Saw someone on the guardian describe him perfectly as the ego of a galactico without the ability. 

If I'm the coach, I don't want Willian on my team as a backup. I've said a few times on this thread before, he has an outsized role within the team and media for what he delivers. 

13 hours ago, Jangz said:

I don't think he is. Pedro is still putting in decent performances now and again, the problem with Pedro is that he is putting in a lot of awful performances too. Willian doesn't even have a good performance in him these days, I can't remember the last time he had a good game.

10 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

Problem with Willian as a squad player is that he doesn't take the role very well. 

Saw someone on the guardian describe him perfectly as the ego of a galactico without the ability. 

If I'm the coach, I don't want Willian on my team as a backup. I've said a few times on this thread before, he has an outsized role within the team and media for what he delivers. 

Watching him throw his arms in the air moaning at other players when he's had an abysmal game is laughable. Happens so much

• 3 weeks later...

A prime example of how we've let our team grow old and stale. How we went from being - in my opinion - an underperforming side (I genuinely think we should have won the title 4 years in a row) into miles off the pace. 

Willian is a player who should have been sold two years ago. Fergie would have done that. 

1 hour ago, evissy said:

No reason to sell Willian. Absolutely none. We need him especially first half of the season now that Callum is out. 

I agree with that at the same time as think he should have been sold two years ago. 

Still under contract for another season, maybe the club is extending by 2 so we can get some money for him next summer. It makes sense to be honest, he seems to have a lot of teams interested in him, even if we only get £15m for him, thats half his transfer recouped after 7 years of service. Pedro is in the same boat, but i cant see him being offered a new deal, because i dont think he will command much a fee.

Buisness decision based on the fact we cant sell this summer, because we cant bring in a replacement, and we are already light on wingers.

2 hours ago, evissy said:

No reason to sell Willian. Absolutely none. We need him especially first half of the season now that Callum is out. 

No reason to extend him either. He's not going to be worth €5 after next season to sell. If he does leave it will be to let him walk like Ivanovic. 

I've been dreading the "Willian two year extension" more than "Hazard to Real" 

Old coaching adage... It's not the players you miss that kill you; It's the players you have who can't play that kill you."

Losing Hazard won't hurt us nearly as badly as having to replace him with Willian rather than a proper Wing. 

I agree though, he wasn't going anywhere with CHO injury and the transfer ban. It's depressing that we actually need the body there. Even one as ineffective as Willian. 

(and please out him back in the midfield.)

He is going to be 31 at the beginning of the season, no one is paying for a 32yr old Willian. It’s just bad business IMO, same with renewing Giroud’s contract. And we wonder why we are regressing compared to other teams.