Willian

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

7 minutes ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

Previously, he was the most hardworking player in the team and it was his ridiculous amount of running to win back possession that endeared him to me and was alwayd the reason I wouldn't be too critical of him.

Nail on head.

The  stick is even more harsh when i see a player like Mikel being a cult fav on here. That guy got away with Kovacic levels of performances for bloody years.. Willian has been a decent player, but also a bit of a disappointment overall. But certainly better than Mikel.

• 3 weeks later...

That was one of the worst appearances off the bench I have seen for some time. I can't think of a single thing he did right. Also, can we please get Willian away from corners? Seriously, how is he still allowed to take any of them when so many of them fail to beat the first man? Mourinho, Conte, Sarri and now Lampard have all allowed him to take corners when he is one of the worst I have ever seen at it.

... at least the others had the legitimate excuse of potentially gassing out (e.g. Pedro: who still was running all over the place). So disappointed in Willian not being able to even string some simple passes together in a much needed contribution, and in all honesty just didn't add anything at all to our game to the point we may have been better with him off the field (feels harsh to say but true). 😑

Can't wait until Cho gets fit.

Edited by Saru

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

Should be ashamed to collect his f**king wage after that sh*te. 

One of the worst sub appearances I can ever recall. Everyone should be fighting for a place - Lamps has said he want to see everyone playing for that blue shirt and yet Willian showed no energy or interest to even break sweat. Inexcusable.

I hate to get on his back but I understand if sometimes players have a bad day. However, I cannot understand the fact that one of our most senior player on the pitch can immediately throw his hand up after losing possession from a poor pass.

He used to be so hardworking at running and harassing the players. Nowadays, half the time is he is either faffing about with the ball, turning over possession so easily or hitting the first man on a set piece!

Shape up or next season just go to Barca or China or wherever

2 minutes ago, Nibs said:

One of the worst sub appearances I can ever recall. Everyone should be fighting for a place - Lamps has said he want to see everyone playing for that blue shirt and yet Willian showed no energy or interest to even break sweat. Inexcusable.

I hope jody Morris rips into him, go a feeling he won't like half arsed efforts like that. 

3 minutes ago, Dixons said:

He was absymal but so too was Kovacic. 

Kovacic gave a sh*t and tried his best. Willian on the other hand, misplacing a pass, chucks his hands up in air, Leicester go on counter attack, he doesn’t even bother running back. Just that alone has infuriated me. Awful attitude.

9 minutes ago, Dixons said:

He was absymal but so too was Kovacic. 

I am finding it really annoying when people are bundling them (Willian and Kovacic) together!

Kovacic didn't change anything but at least tried, and in my mind he wasn't a net negative coming off the bench either like Willian. Would have benefited with him being off the field if anything - which sounds harsh to say but I honestly didn't see ANYTHING positive from him.

Absolutely woeful. He will have a couple of cameos to show us what he can do over the course of the season: but if the next couple of times he comes on we see the same, then it's time for him to move on. 

Cross goes in from the right, clears the two men in the middle and bounces out near the corner flag.. Probably would have been a back post tap in for Raheem Sterling. Willian watching from outside the box, never has a chance to get there. 

Ball comes square across the top of the box. Willian makes no effort to get a shot. Would have been simple for him to get a good look with a little effort. 

Examples one and two on why he doesn't score goals... Effort... 

Mason Mount takes the ball for a set piece... Willian sulks away. Mason tries a shot.. Pretty obvious it wouldn't come short, Willian removed himself from the play. 

Puts a corner into the first man, and then gets called for offsides, because he's too lazy to get back into the play. 

92' - ball coming up the right wing, Willian with a slow jog across midfield, as Emerson is busting a gut to get to the left wing. Willian hangs back as Emerson stays further up the pitch on the wing. Willian plays a ball straight to a Leicester player. Emerson flies by him the other direction to track back after (another) Willian's give-away. 

What we saw today was not only peak Willian. It was also completely entitled Willian. He's been catered to by the management of this club for so long. A squad player treated like a hero. 

The #10 shirt to a player with this attitude, is a slap in the face to the club and its fans. 

Frankly (no pun intended), I'm disgusted. I expect better from Chelsea and those wearing the badge... Let alone a player given the honor of the #10 "She is mine". 

Edited by Skinnedy

1 minute ago, Skinnedy said:

Cross goes in from the right, clears the two men in the middle and bounces out near the corner flag.. Probably would have been a back post tap in for Raheem Sterling. Willian watching from outside the box, never has a chance to get there. 

Ball comes square across the top of the box. Willian makes no effort to get a shot. Would have been simple for him to get a good look with a little effort. 

Examples one and two on why he doesn't score goals... Effort... 

Mason Mount takes the ball for a set piece... Willian sulks away. Mason tries a shot.. Pretty obvious it wouldn't come short, Willian removed himself from the play. 

92' - ball coming up the right wing, Willian with a slow jog across midfield, as Emerson is busting a gut to get to the left wing. Willian hangs back as Emerson stays further up the pitch on the wing. Willian plays a ball straight to a Leicester player. Emerson flies by him the other direction to track back after (another) Willian's give-away. 

What we saw today was not only peak Willian. It was also completely entitled Willian. He's been catered to by the management of this club for so long. A squad player treated like a hero. 

The #10 shirt to a player with this attitude, is a slap in the face to the club and its fans. 

Frankly (no pun intended), I'm disgusted. I expect better from Chelsea and those wearing the badge... Let alone a player given the honor of the #10 "She is mine". 

.. and they are offering him a new contract FFS. Just let him leave on a free next summer.

3 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Kovacic gave a sh*t and tried his best. Willian on the other hand, misplacing a pass, chucks his hands up in air, Leicester go on counter attack, he doesn’t even bother running back. Just that alone has infuriated me. Awful attitude.

That bit when Willian threw his hands up was disgraceful and cringeworthy, so yes, he deserves more flack than Kova. But even tho he tried, there's no getting away with just how bad Kovacic was.

5 minutes ago, Saru said:

I am finding it really annoying when people are bundling them (Willian and Kovacic) together!

Kovacic didn't change anything but at least tried, and in my mind he wasn't a net negative coming off the bench either like Willian. Would have benefited with him being off the field if anything - which sounds harsh to say but I honestly didn't see ANYTHING positive from him.

Absolutely woeful. He will have a couple of cameos to show us what he can do over the course of the season: but if the next couple of times he comes on we see the same, then it's time for him to move on. 

Both Wilian and Pedro are past it and i'd like  to see both moved on next summer.

20 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I'll take your summer for Pedro but I'll raise you a January for Willian 🙂

European window is still open...

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I hope jody Morris rips into him, go a feeling he won't like half arsed efforts like that. 

To be honest that’d probably just make him sulk and stir things up in the dressing room. 

I was hoping he’d come on a changed man and go out all guns blazing for the win but in all honesty he was probably already sulking about being on the bench to begin with. 

Frank wants players with the right attitude and Willian is the complete opposite of the right attitude.