Willian

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

30 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Consistent performance from what i saw.

Very consistent. 😁

Same thing I've said for years when people say he's inconsistent. Nonsense, he's one of the most consistent players I've ever seen. Almost always within 1 or 2 goals and assists every single season. 

He was consistent out there today as well. 

Been saying it for years, total waste of space, always got the hump, no commitment, bad bad passing and as for his so called corners a joke that’s not in anyway funny. Yet some still harp on about what he did years ago, totally irrelevant now. Should have taken the alleged £60m for him.

1 minute ago, Kev56 said:

Been saying it for years, total waste of space, always got the hump, no commitment, bad bad passing and as for his so called corners a joke that’s not in anyway funny. Yet some still harp on about what he did years ago, totally irrelevant now. Should have taken the alleged £60m for him.

He scored a couple of free kicks once. 

6 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Sulking cause David Luiz left

I was wondering if this was anything to do with it. 

Willian's work rate is usually his saving grace. He is not the reason we didn't win yesterday, but to come on with that lack of commitment and looking that half arsed is shocking and unforgiveable. It's up there with Bakayoko's 20 minutes against Watford. 

If that is the type of effort and commitment he is going to put in, i'd be very surprised if he gets many more chances under Frank once CHO is fit.

Also, why on earth is he still on corner duties? When was the last time one of his corners cleared the first man. 

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

We REALLY need to stop singing the Willian song.

I accept its brilliant, but I genuinely believe it’s the reason he has never been sold and why he’s on so many of our posters / merch 

I genuinely think our board is that basic. 

Bakayoko.

3 hours ago, drjonesy1994 said:

Willian's work rate is usually his saving grace. He is not the reason we didn't win yesterday, but to come on with that lack of commitment and looking that half arsed is shocking and unforgiveable. It's up there with Bakayoko's 20 minutes against Watford. 

If that is the type of effort and commitment he is going to put in, i'd be very surprised if he gets many more chances under Frank once CHO is fit.

Also, why on earth is he still on corner duties? When was the last time one of his corners cleared the first man. 

If he's a threat to team morale I could feesably see him being gone before the end of the European market.

As one of the veteran players on the team, he should be showing leadership. But if the that is the tone he wants to set, and the example he wants the young players to respect him for, then I hope those are the last minutes he plays for us.  

We were so much worse when he came on, it was a terribly wasteful substitution.

5 hours ago, drjonesy1994 said:

Were Willian and Luiz pretty tight?  I never even noticed, so that is an interesting thought.

I can live with a poor performance, it happens, but like you said, the effort and commitment he showed yesterday was completely pathetic.  Watching on TV, it really looked like the crowd was laying into him, especially after one of his misplayed passes - quite a number of spectators jumped up and were gesticulating in his direction.

I never watched the game and have seen him slagged off so much on here over the years that the harsh criticism from yesterday barely even registers, but to hear that he also showed such abysmal workrate is quite surprising. I could definitely see the business with Luiz giving him the hump but I also wonder if he was actually match fit, since it was his first appearance after injury.

Anyway, the sooner CHO is back fit the better. This RW position is his for the taking.

1 minute ago, bluedave said:

I never watched the game and have seen him slagged off so much on here over the years that the harsh criticism from yesterday barely even registers, but to hear that he also showed such abysmal workrate is quite surprising. I could definitely see the business with Luiz giving him the hump but I also wonder if he was actually match fit, since it was his first appearance after injury.

Anyway, the sooner CHO is back fit the better. This RW position is his for the taking.

There's working hard and being sh*t.

Then there's just producing a sh*t effort.

He's usually guilty of the former.

Against Leicester, he was guilty of the latter.

Willian has the potential to be a real problem in the dressing room this season. We have seen him spit his dummy out under conte, and im sure he ismt best pleased luiz was dropped and sold. Add to fact he is probably 4th choice winger when CHO is back, and its a recipe for disaster. 

The only good thing is he is fighting for a new contract, so maybe that will see him buckle down, depending on how much he even wants to stay here. 

He was appaling in that sub appearance but i will cut him some slack, since he is returning from injury. 

He needs to show the right desire and application though, because lampard has already shown he wont stand for a lack of work ethic.

Pedro, Cho, Pulišić and Mount can cover them, leaves the door wide open for Willian. Never really "hated" him but he made a career at Chelsea from basically being average and bellow average with an occasional brilliant game. Also the amount of time we refused big money for him is baffling, is he in our board or something? His cameo against Leicester alone deserved a sack, shocking and uninterested to do anything about his struggling team.