Willian

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

5 hours ago, robdog said:

Honestly, that just makes Willian look bad. Sometimes it's better when footballers say nothing.

A few things he said that i didn't like

"You're playing very well, then you get substituted. I do not understand. There were two times when I got substituted and I went straight to the locker room. It was hard to work with him"

Oh poor you, you got subbed, maybe if you played better then you wouldn't. I remember the game against Southampton in the F.A cup Semi Final, if he thought he was good in that game then he doesn't know what good is. 

"There were two years when I stayed on the bench in so many games, coming in later in the game."

And rightly so too. Pedro was the better player in 2016/17 and deserved his place in the first 11 that season. He was scoring important goals at important times. Without those moments, there is no guarantee that we would have won the title that season.

Last season, Willian was awful for the first 3 months, how he can complain about being on the bench during that period is a joke. He was in his worst form since he joined. He picked up his form around December and played the best football of his career, but it didn't last long, he soon tailed off after the win against Leicester in the F.A cup.

"I don't know if any of you have been in this situation before. You just feel that the manager doesn't like you, but he has to use you sometimes. But you feel that he doesn't like you at all. You didn't do anything bad, but he doesn't like you."

Or maybe you just weren't consistent enough for Conte to guarantee you spot in the first team every week. Didn't like you? nonsense. If he didn't, then he wouldn't have picked you for most of our biggest games of the season.

Willian needs to get over himself. If he has a problem with not being picked then he should force the manager to pick him by playing well consistently. Let's see more of these performances we seen against Barcelona. If that was how he played in the majority of his games, then he could complain about being on the bench so much. If he is going to carry on having those games where he miss places easy passes, messes up the final ball, has zero end product, messes up his ball control and runs forward only to stop and do nothing near the penalty area, then he can't complain when a coach decides to leave him out now and then. You can't pick a player consistently when they have proven that you can't rely on them to deliver.

About Costa "I said: 'What do you mean?' And he said: 'He texted me saying that he doesn't need me on the team anymore and I am not supposed to go back.'

"But you can't lose a player like Diego [Costa]. It was a difficult situation."

I see that Willian has forgotten that Costa was looking to leave a few months before this, and at a crucial time in our season. He also seems to have forgotten that Costa had been looking to leave Chelsea every season and his form nose dived every time these situations came up. Costa was gone anyway, he had mentally checked out of the club when we rejected the move to China. Conte didn't handle it well, he should have spoken to Costa face to face, but Costa is no angel in this, he wanted out, he wanted a return to Atletico Madrid and he got his wish. Willian makes it seem like Conte forced Costa out for no good reason.......no, it was because Costa could have derailed our season and had been trying to leave the club every season he was here.

My opinion of Willian hasn't improved after this. He just comes across as another entitled footballer.

Edited by Scott Harris

Got talking to a Man United fan yesterday, and he said he has been told that Manchester United will bring in two more players this window, he's very confident one will be Toby Alderwereld, has no idea who the second one could be.

Could it be Willian?

Looks like our Brazilian players formed a little group inside the team. Willian, Luiz and Costa all on the wrong side of Conte. They should realize Conte's the boss. But I think Conte also handled them wrong. 

Well I'm glad Willian is staying. He is a top player.

Sarri could also teach him to keep the momentum going in attacks. He stops way too much with his head down. 

53 minutes ago, Brutos said:

He was asked a question and he responded he's not going out of his way to talk about Conte, just like last season when Conte kept getting asked about the board and transfers people need to chill on Willian

And Conte was rightly criticised for the way he handled those questions too.

I personally think Willian has been massively unprofessional with his attitude. He came across in that interview like he was entitled to a place in the first 11, even though performances say something completely different. If Sarri starts looking to Pedro for goals like Conte did, will Willian start sulking again? Maybe Willian should start chipping in with a few more goals, assists and consistent performances before running his mouth off like he has been unfairly treated.

If i was Pedro, I would be wondering why Willian thinks his performances entitle him to a place in the team over me. They both contribute a similar amount of goals and assists to the team, they are both inconsistent. Neither of them have done enough to guarantee a spot in the first 11, the only difference is that Pedro got on with it instead of sulking.

Edited by Scott Harris

1 minute ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Would have been one of the first out the door come next summer tbh. Will be 4 years since we upgraded that RW position come when summer roles around. 

But it's not a position which is easy to find a replacement for. Who out there is currently better than Willian for that spot? Very few top players play on the RW right now, and the ones who do already play for big clubs. 

Edited by enigma

4 minutes ago, enigma said:

But it's not a position which is easy to find a replacement for. Who out there is currently better than Willian for that spot? Very few top players play on the RW right now, and the ones who do already play for big clubs. 

I don't think its about finding someone better than Willian, more finding someone that can offer Willian's goal return yet have the potential to outgrow him. 

Malcom that just went to Barca a perfect example, we have a scouting system that is worth millions. They should be identifying these top young talents and making moves for them. Emenalo did it well finding and signing KdB, Salah, Hazard, Schurrle etc. all when they were young. 

Bailey, Pulisic, Suso, Berardi are all youngish players that could be looked at, if i can see these then surely our 100's of scouts across the globe can rack up a massively detailed list of players. 

38 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Would have been one of the first out the door come next summer tbh. Will be 4 years since we upgraded that RW position come when summer roles around. 

Well thank fcuk your'e not in charge.:wink:

Write a list of our players in order starting with the most talented at the top of the list.

When the transfer window is open, sell players near the bottom of the list, and replace with players who go near the top, it's called evolution i believe. What your'e asking for is devolution.

3 minutes ago, coco said:

Well thank fcuk your'e not in charge.:wink:

Write a list of our players in order starting with the most talented at the top of the list.

When the transfer window is open, sell players near the bottom of the list, and replace with players who go near the top, it's called evolution i believe. What your'e asking for is devolution.

I look at our starting 11 and think which positions need upgrading. GK, LW, CM, CB, RB, LB we're fine.

ST and RW need upgrading. Pedro looks good in this system and Willian has higher resale.