Mike 93

Willian

9 hours ago, dkw said:

Hang on, I know it's fashionable to hate willian for some bizarre reason, but where exactly is he moaning or saying its hard? He literally just said he preferred training in the morning, that's it.

Anyone can see the lack of end product and decision making from Willian. Not good enough. Aimlessly dribbling into nowhere usually. 

7 hours ago, bluedave said:

Bizarre isn't it. It's a completely innocuous statement. Maybe it would have been better if he'd said "I prefer to train in the afternoon so that I don't have to see my kids". Weirdos.

or better to not say anything at all, Footballers in general are a very privileged bunch, have been born with a skill that earns them vast amount of money a lifestyle the majority can only dream of, but still find something to whinge about. Most of us find work interferes with our family lives but guess what we get on with it.

On 05/10/2018 at 14:09, yorkleyblue said:

I think maybe some of you are blaming the failure of ANY Chelsea player to get on the end of a series of corners delivered right into the heart of the penalty on the player taking the corners and delivering the ball directly into the heart of the penalty area.

Nothing to do with a dislike of that delivering player, obviously.

A valid point, highlighted again today. I do not understand why the commentators and pundits get all "stats"-y about corners. At one point today the corner count was 1-11 in our favour. Not one of these corners had resulted in a genuine attempt on goal requiring a save or clearance from the GK/defence. They show attempts at goal and then shots on target. Why don't they show corners and then resulting in attempts on goal stats.

The fact that we had 11 corners and never threatened their goal with one is a disturbing facet of the game, and it doesn't really matter if Willian's, or Harzard's delivery is poor or if the attackers didn't attack, could't flick, head, shoot, or get a penalty, the set pieces, from top to bottom are poor and need working on.

Without wishing to be negative, because today was a good day, we must improve how clinical we are in the final third. Another stat earlier today, attempts on goal 6-13 in our favour. On target 4-2. I think Sarri is shoring up the defence nicely and the transition from a 3 to a 4 has gone extremely well so far. Midfield, whilst sometimes a bit pedestrian is still very good and we have a grip on most games now. The triangles, the one touches, the movement of the ball is excellent. But the final ball and finish is still short and i am a little sruprised with Gianfranco Zola workign behind the scenes, that we are not more dynamic in this area.

Of course, yb, Willian's sh!t passing, slowing up play and ridiculous tricks that don't work are also very frustrating! :biggrin:

He has the lowest standards on here by far. Two dangerous giveaways at the start of the 2nd half which could've easily cost us. Dribbling aimlessly into bodies & that unforgivable pass to Barkley instead of Hazard is was WIDE OPEN at 1 nil.

The 3rd goal doesn't happen with him on the pitch imo.

From a technical point of view, Willian is a better player than pedro, but in terms of what they both add to the team, Pedro should be nailed on first choice. Pedro has goals in his game, regular consistent goals, and consistent running in behind the defence and an eye for the game. Willian has all the ability in the world but the footballing brain of my ma. 

He's still that very good yet frustrating player, don't think he will get to the next level. How many times he could beat the fullback by speed, follow up with a weak cross or just stop and try to beat his man again? He's got a good shot, yet he's not that keen to pull the trigger in good position, at least Hazard improved in that regard. Once in a while he put in an awesome free kick, but his usual deliveries in set pieces are poor. For me, him and Pedro is still a 50/50 call, since Pedro is a hot/cold type of player. if we want to challenge the title or the CL next year, need another player on top of keeping Hazard.

36 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Can someone please tell me how this pass wasn’t made to Hazard. Please. 

On Sky their commentary team blamed Barkley for having poor movement and not providing Willian with a decent option. 

Way I saw it was Barkley was occupying the centre back, Willian could have either ran into the space or had options on the inside. 

A couple of minutes later he got the ball in a similar situation and played a lovely outside of the boot, curling pass to Hazard... It's the hope that kills you. 

17 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

On Sky their commentary team blamed Barkley for having poor movement and not providing Willian with a decent option. 

Way I saw it was Barkley was occupying the centre back, Willian could have either ran into the space or had options on the inside. 

A couple of minutes later he got the ball in a similar situation and played a lovely outside of the boot, curling pass to Hazard... It's the hope that kills you. 

I thought they were right, Barkley was running on the shoulder of the defender, the defender was not occupied by Barkley at all, so basically without Barkley making a run left, it's a 2v2 instead of a 2v3, he needs to make that run and make the defender commit to going with him or staying with Willian, you can clearly see this in those images above.

28 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Barkley made the run at the last minute and Willian gave it him instead of going central, he took the easy option. At the end of the day its up to Willian to see Hazard completely open and make the pass regardless of what Barkley does.

I notice his thread is very quiet after another predictable mediocre game. This guy is almost as big a problem as Morata, the only difference is, unlike Morata he can easily be replaced by a better player who scores goals.

Willian after 5 years at Chelsea has scored 26 goals in 174 games in the league for Chelsea. He's never, and I challenge anyone to prove me wrong, been a crucial part of Chelsea winning anything important in his time here. 

Starting him and Morata in the same game is a recipe for failure. The complete toothlessness of our attack led to United being braver in the 2nd half and they outclassed us. Morata offers nothing in attack, kills all our attacks, can't bring Hazard into play. Willian is harmless on the right flank for the most part and is the most inconsistent player in our recent history.

I'm just sick and tired having to endure watching these two FRAUDS start important games when we have better players on the bench. 

17 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

I notice his thread is very quiet after another predictable mediocre game. This guy is almost as big a problem as Morata, the only difference is, unlike Morata he can easily be replaced by a better player who scores goals.

Willian after 5 years at Chelsea has scored 26 goals in 174 games in the league for Chelsea. He's never, and I challenge anyone to prove me wrong, been a crucial part of Chelsea winning anything important in his time here. 

Starting him and Morata in the same game is a recipe for failure. The complete toothlessness of our attack led to United being braver in the 2nd half and they outclassed us. Morata offers nothing in attack, kills all our attacks, can't bring Hazard into play. Willian is harmless on the right flank for the most part and is the most inconsistent player in our recent history.

I'm just sick and tired having to endure watching these two FRAUDS start important games when we have better players on the bench. 

He's had his moments, and that's what Willian is good for. I rate him but I don't rate him as a player who can lead the line of attack, he's always been a better player when he's reduced to minimum game time and comes off the bench, and starts the occasional game. He should always be behind Pedro in the pecking order, as for worse than Morata or just as bad I really disagree on that one, Morata offers nothing whatsoever. 

We know what we get with Willian. A 5-6 game spell at some point in the middle of the season when he looks world class, and every other week he's frustrating. With the odd long range goal/freekick thrown in.

Edited by Zeta

Just a bad move not getting rid when we have a good offer, that money could have gone to a young and hungry Fekir with changes to spare......bad piece of business that.

36 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Just hope that at some point this season, Hudson-Odoi gets the nod ahead of Willian. Just want to see something a bit fresher and different. 

Nahh cant see it.....and if it does happen he will probably throw his toys out.

8 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

100 % agreed, its frustrating that we've stuck with him for this long. 

Another frustrating game, think that's what I said about my last 4-5 posts in this thread:dead_horse: I know a new striker is and has been our priority ever since Costa left, but we need an attacking player that offers a little more than Willian and Pedro. In Pedro's little cameo, at least he got to the by line and whip in a dangerous cross, Willian has that ability but never does that,

19 hours ago, Nibs said:

Just hope that at some point this season, Hudson-Odoi gets the nod ahead of Willian. Just want to see something a bit fresher and different. 

You're right, we have strengthen those attacking positions for a few seasons now. 

22 hours ago, atomis said:

Just a bad move not getting rid when we have a good offer,

Willian and cash for Martial was too good to be true. Mourinho might be that dumb when it comes to personnel decisions, but no one else was at United. 

But anything over €25M from Spain and I would have helped him pack. 

I hope we weren’t so stupid as to turn down the rumored €50. 

14 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

Willian and cash for Martial was too good to be true. Mourinho might be that dumb when it comes to personnel decisions, but no one else was at United. 

But anything over €25M from Spain and I would have helped him pack. 

I hope we weren’t so stupid as to turn down the rumored €50. 

Their last bid was close to £60 million actually.
Crazy that we turned it down.