Mike 93

Willian

10 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Anything over 40m and I'd take it. Let him go to Man utd and have 4-5 good games a season.

I can already see it now. We sell him to United and just like they did with Matic, all the lazy, robot-pundits have a field day when he has a decent game "Can't understand why Chelsea have again sold one of their best players to a main rival......................". Then they go very quiet when he fades for the remainder of the season.

2 hours ago, big blue said:

I would only let him go to United if we got martial in return. 

He is still a good player, capable of world class performances. He isn't consistent though and he never will be. 

........and £60M is £60M so I would let him go regardless.

52 minutes ago, Nibs said:

........and £60M is £60M so I would let him go regardless.

I don't trust us to spend that £60m wisely though, so that's why I would prefer a swap deal. 

I also think £60m is about half of what we would get for him. It is just a number plucked from thin air. I think it would be £40m tops. 

19 minutes ago, coco said:

£60m isn't that much.

It doesn't even buy a Morata.

But it does buy a Salah and then some!

We were fleeced for Morata tbh, he wasn't even a prolific striker. We bought and sold Costa for less.

£60 million for a soon to be 30 year old on the decline is pretty good going even in this market. Then again that's only if you invest properly in the right player/s. Recently we have been very poor on that front especially on the more expensive signings.

If we can't replace with better then it's pointless, we would only piss it up against the wall on more average players like Bakayoko.

2 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Only sell if we get Martial in return. Stop strengthening our rivals because they would never sell to us.

I don't buy this notion. If we offered United whatever the equivalent of £60m was in 2012 for Nani they would have chopped our hand off. United are the closest thing to China we have right now in terms of paying inflated prices for players on the wane, they can knock themselves out as far as im concerned.

9 hours ago, Argo said:

I don't buy this notion. If we offered United whatever the equivalent of £60m was in 2012 for Nani they would have chopped our hand off. United are the closest thing to China we have right now in terms of paying inflated prices for players on the wane, they can knock themselves out as far as im concerned.

Well we apparently wanted Nani as part of the Mata deal and Utd said no.

15 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Find that hard to believe but if true, whoever it was at Utd who said no, we need to buy that man a drink.

3 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Pretty sure it was Rooney we wanted as part of the deal. But they still said no. 

53 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Can you imagine it though if they have Matic, Mata and Willian and still win nothing, with the jeers of are you Chelsea in disguise ringing out it could become very uncomfortable for Mourinho.

:biggrin: mate that would down right hilarious

I know he's not consistent, but he's still better than anything we've bought recently.  id sell Pedro before Willian tbh.  Whens he's good he is unplayable.  With the small squad we have id keep him.  Plus reported 40mil for Grealish.  Surely Willian is worth double??

26 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Plus if Man You are valuing a nothing player in Martial at £100 million, Willian is worth at least that!!!

Martial has 9 goals in the PL this season vs Willian's 6 and he did it playing 300 minutes less. Not to mention Martial is 7 years younger then Willian. 

To be clear not saying Martial is worth 100 million just saying Willian is less valuable then Martial.

29 minutes ago, Hazard10 said:

Martial has 9 goals in the PL this season vs Willian's 6 and he did it playing 300 minutes less. Not to mention Martial is 7 years younger then Willian. 

To be clear not saying Martial is worth 100 million just saying Willian is less valuable then Martial.

Opinions make for sensible conversations

23 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Nope not when we sold Mata.

Well the media suggested a possible swap deal involving Rooney & Mata. From memory it rumbled on for some time.

https://metro.co.uk/2013/08/25/chelsea-refuse-to-rule-out-juan-mata-swap-for-wayne-rooney-3937276/

I don't believe there was ever even paper talk suggesting we wanted Nani.

Poor and deservedly hooked at half time v Costa Rica. Douglas Costa came on & created more chances for them. 

If Utd are really offering £60m, take the money and run.