Mike 93

Willian

Sill, hoping this is true. Its a shame as this is another player that could flourish under Sarri but he has no intention of being here, and if that is the case he needs to go.

I'm a fan of Willian, but for the kind of money that's being talked about, the fact that he's angling for a move, and his age, for goodness sake, take the money and run.

If you read through some of the links being posted from the Barca accounts, there's an argument going on who is dumber. Barca for offering, or Chelsea if they turn it down.

These look like Mo Salah's months last year.

10 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

But where do we get their replacements from? we only have around 15 days. We take way too long to get things done, i can't see us signing two players in that time, even one player is asking a lot with the amount of time we take to complete things.

I don't know, honestly maybe we should keep Pedro he seems to like Sarri a lot but 1 more replacement for Willian should be possible in 2 weeks in case he goes for 40m.

On 21/07/2018 at 18:23, Scott Harris said:

I agree. He had one good season in France and an ok season at Dortmund, he's no world beater yet. He's still just a potential top player at the moment. I don't think he's the answer if we sell Willian.

Hazard was at a similar level at the same age and we bought Hazard straight from France, not even from a Barcelona. Lots of potential and what not. I'm not sure why anyone (Valverde & Bartomeu included) would think Dembele isn't all that. His talent is almost Mbappe level. That's our RW sorted for the next 10 years if we get him, and he uses both feet too.

9 hours ago, fitz said:

No idea how accurate this is but they are quoting Marina Granovsky;

MWkQjPr.png

Anybody quoting Marina is full of sh*t. No source, no nothing. Marina barely even talks to us fans unless she's signing a player or hiring a new manager. She's almost as silent as Roman when it comes to communicating with the public/press. 100% sure that's a rubbish quote.

7 hours ago, JM7 said:

Terrible stats really for a top end player 

Because he only turns up for 2 months ever season. I'm convinced Barca watched the 2 matches we played against them alone and made up their mind they wanted him. Either way, I'm not complaining. I would have accepted even the first bid with such quickness. We need to make this happen.

4 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I don't know, honestly maybe we should keep Pedro he seems to like Sarri a lot but 1 more replacement for Willian should be possible in 2 weeks in case he goes for 40m.

Pedro is definitely seeing out his contract. Got only 1 year left. Can't hurt to have him in the team.

7 hours ago, BordeauxBlue said:

We don't sell players on the cheap, do we?

In hindsight, we probably could have gotten more for Lukaku, Salah and De Bruyne.

the problem is still the lack of rumors about any replacement for Hazard and Willian. We are about to sell them both, Willian - willingly and Eden - reluctantly, and there is still no sign of rumor of us targeting winger or something like this.

Looks like it's done. €75m or thereabouts. That's a lot of money for a player of his age. 

Not sure how I feel about it- sometimes he was utterly sublime but most of the time, didn't really live up to expectations. 

Hopefully we'll use this money on a top player 

7 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

Looks like it's done. €75m or thereabouts. That's a lot of money for a player of his age. 

Not sure how I feel about it- sometimes he was utterly sublime but most of the time, didn't really live up to expectations. 

Hopefully we'll use this money on a top player 

Link?

One thing you can't accuse him of - he always tried. Even with half the team with their vicious intentions against Jose and Antonio boycotting the games, he was there ready to play.

He was a substitution to Pedro most of the time under Conte's management, which is ridiculous, and yet he never complaint or moaned. I'll never forget it and I wish him all the best. He deserves to play where he wants. If he was a bit better at finishing,he would have been top 10 players in the world.

Edited by Giordano_Bruno

14 hours ago, STATS said:

If the transfer window closed at end of August, you would think it is a no-brainer to sell Willian for the reported amount but stupidly, the decision this season was made to close the transfer window early.

Obviously it's not ideal for us this year, but generally I think it was a great decision to close the window earlier. It was ridiculous having a situation where teams could be several weeks into the season and still didn't know if they were going to lose players.

£60m for an attacking player closing in on 30 that's never scored double figures in the league? Yes please. 

There's talk that Sarri would use Golovin as a wide player if he does sign. Other than that I'd be happy to see Barkley or RLC get game time even if it isn't their natural position, I think they would contribute more attacking wise. Barkley certainly in terms of goals. 

Been some tentative links to some wingers this summer, if the Martial interest is real maybe we'll see him played on the wide right?

5 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

Obviously it's not ideal for us this year, but generally I think it was a great decision to close the window earlier. It was ridiculous having a situation where teams could be several weeks into the season and still didn't know if they were going to lose players.

But you still can lose players. You just won't be able to replace them. 

So if the English window closes and Hazard is still here, the Spanish window is still open for something like a further 3 weeks meaning they could potentially sign him and we would have to make do until January at the earliest. 

I agree with closing the window before the seasons start but it only works if all leagues are doing the same. 

Just now, ForeverCarefree said:

But you still can lose players. You just won't be able to replace them. 

So if the English window closes and Hazard is still here, the Spanish window is still open for something like a further 3 weeks meaning they could potentially sign him and we would have to make do until January at the earliest. 

I agree with closing the window before the seasons start but it only works if all leagues are doing the same. 

We're always likely to have issues with the different leagues not being in sync though. Even with the later closing date, Spain still had an extra week we didnt (if I'm remembering right). At least once the domestic window is closed, it gives clubs an added incentive to just reject bids from Spain on the grounds that they can't replace that player. It might not be enough for players who are really set on a move, but if they're that determined to leave then you'd expect the club to already know that in advance and be planning ahead for it.

It would be nice to have the windows synced across countries though. Given the f**kwittedness of the European football governing bodies though, I'm not holding my breath.

Take the money and run.

I don’t mind Pedro - decent player, doesn’t moan, works hard and pops up with few goals. Good squad player. 

I would hope that the money is reinvested. Not sure who but it’s coming close to the window being closed so doubt we will get anyone.