Mike 93

Willian

For me, whatever happens, we should let Willian go. Mount can replace him as the industrious winger if it needs to happen.

I am not a fan of Mount on the wing. I prefer him in a central position.

8 hours ago, Night-T said:

I am not a fan of Mount on the wing. I prefer him in a central position.

I think he’s better as a left forward (not a traditional winger) as he tends to drift in to that space when playing centrally (although a bit like Kante he also seems to be everywhere!) and get in the way of the winger & full back. 

He started the season in that position and that’s when his best form was too. 

12 hours ago, Nibs said:

If we don't sign Sancho, then we look at other possibilities. Use our buy-back clause on Boga and get him back.

Anything but another season of frustration and mediocrity of Pedro and Willian. BOTH need to be moved on - no ifs or buts.

No other possibilities excite me like Sancho. We are clamoring for a world class talent like him, and I feel Boga is good but nowhere near that level.

21 hours ago, Slojo said:

There were a lot of rumours surfacing that Willian had fallen out with Conte, nobody knew how true it was, but when we want a winge, we take the rumours that support our prejudices and go into full whinge mode.

There you go, fixed it for ya ::MooNeY::

Is it a bit like the rumours that Frank and JT tried to get AVB sacked, or that @coco once bought a round?

2 hours ago, enigma said:

He's now a British citizen. I don't think we will get rid of him haha. I mean, the guy does love the club so that's a positive I guess. 

I have no problems keeping him for the odd run out against league 1 and 2 sides in the cups but I doubt he would be happy with that.

3 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

There you go, fixed it for ya ::MooNeY::

Is it a bit like the rumours that Frank and JT tried to get AVB sacked, or that @coco once bought a round?

But that's what I said anyway, just because we don't know what goes on behind the scenes doesn't mean we can't speculate and have a safe guess. What Willian did on the snapchat image was strange behaviour, and to me it looked like he fallen out with Conte, put two and two together. 

22 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

For me Pedro needs to be moved on.

Willian not sure, if this half of the season he hits his top form I would give him another season.

If not, move on.

I think Pedro has traits that are more easily replaceable.

The thing that means Willian plays more often than not is his ability to deep receive the ball under pressure and turn or win a foul. It's a huge out when we are under pressure and struggling to play out. 

It's even more important now that Hazard has left. None of the current wingers have that (though CHO has started trying it this season). If we can't find a player like that I could see us keeping him.

16 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

I'm frightened of Willian

Where do they get this info from? Willian knows how the club operates when it comes to offering contracts to over 30 year olds so I highly doubt he is holding out for that. 

8 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Where do they get this info from? Willian knows how the club operates when it comes to offering contracts to over 30 year olds so I highly doubt he is holding out for that. 

Would you put anything past his agent at this point? He's gotten everything he's wanted for Willian at Chelsea. And what does he have to lose by asking for 3 years now?