Played well today, looks a lot more comfortabe in the middle than out wide. He doesn't give the ball away as much and looks a threat. Also he makes the opposition panic and creates space. He looked better there than Oscar has for some time.

He's played in the middle quite often this season already, that was the first time he's played that well there. I think the break has done him some good and he's come back stronger, nice to see him finally scoring. 

Guest RFC_CFC

Agreed he looks far better than Oscar played in the middle.

Hopefully Oscar can have a rest now because he's just not at it at all recently

He seems to pounce so quickly onto the loose balls, phenomenal reactions. He looked a lot better through the middle than out wide, i was very pleased with how our starting 3 behind the striker performed today, chuck hazard in for salah and those are my 3 preferred options up front

I know I am being speculative at best here, but let's imagine for a second that Willian is better suited to the number 10 role than Oscar is.  Now, let's assume that Oscar is capable of playing deeper in the pivot and could play alongside Matic. The midfielder to play alongside Matic is something that we've been crying out for, but what if we had that very player in out own ranks?

I know it's unlikely, but it'd be amazing if we could swing this and avoid paying over the odds for another CM this summer

I know I am being speculative at best here, but let's imagine for a second that Willian is better suited to the number 10 role than Oscar is.  Now, let's assume that Oscar is capable of playing deeper in the pivot and could play alongside Matic. The midfielder to play alongside Matic is something that we've been crying out for, but what if we had that very player in out own ranks?

I know it's unlikely, but it'd be amazing if we could swing this and avoid paying over the odds for another CM this summer

Oscar playing deeper is something i have wanted for a long time now. I think it takes the work load off of him. All this tracking back and getting forward the way he does can't be good for his energy levels. It makes him sloopy doing all of that in my opinion.

Of course he did - that is his natural role. Unfortunately some imbeciles can't help but chastise him for not adapting to a new league and new role within his first season.

I think Andre and Salah are the only pure wingers we actually have, and I use that term loosely. I think Hazard would be even more effective through the middle as well, it comes with defenders not knowing which way they are going to go, when they are out wide it's a lot easier to defend in numbers against them.

We had been following him for a few years and been linked with signing him for tat least 2 transfer windows, so to say we bought him just so Spuds didnt is complete bollocks in my opinion.

Thank you for repeating what jack super class said right before you.

If Willian keeps this up I would play Hazard - Willian - Salah.

He seems to pounce so quickly onto the loose balls, phenomenal reactions. He looked a lot better through the middle than out wide, i was very pleased with how our starting 3 behind the striker performed today, chuck hazard in for salah  torres and those are my 3 preferred options up front

give salah a run up front, or keep him out wide with schurrle up front. either way, dont bother playing torres. cant afford to play 90 minutes against psg with 10 men

Oscar playing deeper is something i have wanted for a long time now. I think it takes the work load off of him. All this tracking back and getting forward the way he does can't be good for his energy levels. It makes him sloopy doing all of that in my opinion.

Agreed and also his best attributes for me are that of a central midfield player and not a number 10.

I think Andre and Salah are the only pure wingers we actually have, and I use that term loosely. I think Hazard would be even more effective through the middle as well, it comes with defenders not knowing which way they are going to go, when they are out wide it's a lot easier to defend in numbers against them.

I agree, but Hazard is still our best player in wide areas unfortunately. Schurrle and Salah have some developing to do. I'd much rather see Hazard left and Oscar/ Willian central than Hazard central and anyone else on the left. The rotation of the AMs is based around him really. If he's not getting any space on the left flank he is the one who initiates the rotation and goes central or right.

Interesting to see who our front 3 will be for PSG, if it were up to me Oscar wouldn't be starting.

Hazard is the only one who will obviously be there, interesting to see which one of Willian/Schurrle/Oscar gets left on the bench.

hazard willian and schurrle for me, although im expecting the usual hazard oscar willian line-up

Very good performance by Willian on Saturday, capped off by a superb goal. Really would like to see more of him as the no.10, he seems to be much more dangerous in the middle than he is out wide. Also, in my opinion Willian doesn't have the natural instincts of a winger in terms of taking defenders on towards the byline and making incisive runs inside the fullback in the way that Schurrle does (more the latter). I love Willian's workrate defensively which we'd still get from him as the no.10. Finally, Oscar can't be run into the ground next season like he has been this year and so we really need someone else to step up to the plate in his absence.

Very good performance by Willian on Saturday, capped off by a superb goal. Really would like to see more of him as the no.10, he seems to be much more dangerous in the middle than he is out wide. Also, in my opinion Willian doesn't have the natural instincts of a winger in terms of taking defenders on towards the byline and making incisive runs inside the fullback in the way that Schurrle does (more the latter). I love Willian's workrate defensively which we'd still get from him as the no.10. Finally, Oscar can't be run into the ground next season like he has been this year and so we really need someone else to step up to the plate in his absence.

From an attacking point of view he is much better on the ball then of it, as opposed to Andre who has some superb movement coming of his wing and is a hard runner in the hope something comes of. I still think he could do a job in center mid, he is so fast to leap on to any 50-50 ball and spring away with it, would leave us with 4 in front of him and the way we play the number 10 is awlays back any way. I actually think he's a better ball challenger then ramires because his positioning is normaly spot on

I rarely saw him lose possession last night. It seems that he is definitely starting to come into his own now. Him, Salah, Hazard and Schurrle are a great front four to have; add a clinical striker to that front line and we could well be winning cups left, right and centre in the coming seasons.