Will see what he gets but to be honest I dont care if he gets 2,3 or 4 years there. 

Best thing he has done for us is turn down our offer and leave. I dont believe for 1 second he was injured for the final. Lamps said in his press conference he was fit, then he suddenly is not. Blatant ploy by him to give his new employer a better chance.

Edited by axman2526

3 minutes ago, IndianaBlue85 said:

Not at all and I’m in agreement about the majority of what you said and thanks for the response. It’s too bad but I wish him well if he’s not just signing a two year deal with a possible extension. I mean I wouldn’t ever boo him for that but it would just make me think of him differently than I do now, not that even matters lol. 

As much as him leaving would leave us a bit short in the wide positions I do think its the right time for him to go anyway, we've seen his best and we know his limitations. For me we shoud give CHO the trust and game time and see what happens. Two years was obviously what the club wanted which makes sense for us but if the 4 year arsenal contract rumour is true then it wont be too hard a decision I'd imagine.

7 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Will see what he gets but to be honest I dont care if he gets 2,3 or 4 years there. 

Best thing he has done for us is turn down our offer and leave. I dont believe for 1 second he was injured for the final. Lamps said in his press conference he was fit, then he suddenly is not. Blatant ploy by him to give his new employer a better chance.

Yeah at the end of the day it's about the money, it's not like Cech or anyone of that ilk. He's a luxury that wr don't need now, we need output and his has been very poor given the teams he has played in. 

Did Willian want 3 years, or just a contract with a 3 year value?  By that I mean did he take a 2 year at Arsenal because it paid more like a 3 contract year with us?

Wish him best of luck, and think at this time it might be the best move for all involved.  He is not a player I would pay to linger for their dressing room influence.  For me if he isn't a bang on starter at his age then the squad spot should get better use for someone who is either a bang on starter, or not but is closer to their prime years than retirement.

Willian has been with us 7 years, I think that is a good time to move on.

Thibo was with us just four years.

We will miss the hard working aspect of his game and his ability at times to hold the ball and the leave his marker standing.

I thought he had one of his best seasons this year playing 29 league games yet with newer players coming in and the contract demands think we are making a good move. 

Interestingly Hazard was with us for 7 years too. 

Most of the football players usually burn the bridges with their former clubs because most of the football players have the IQ of the ape. So I will never judge them by their behavior outside the pitch unless it's .... I mean really bad. And on the pitch Willian has been a synonym for professionalism. One of the most hard-working wings in modern football. The attacking part of his game was limited, very useful for particular opponents and occasions but for the most of the time liability in terms of scoring and assisting. Yet, he's been a great servant for a veeery long time so I wish him the best personally - I mean let him be happy and healthy. 

Btw, why upset with the Arsenal? It just proves their mediocre level. That's the third washed player they signed from Chelsea for the last 5 seasons  and they haven't been able to even get close to CL qualification apart from the runs in Europa League. All of these players been tormented by their fans and their reporters, Willian is just the next guy that wants to stay in London and finish his career in non committing matches for a smaller club. 

Edited by Droopy
11 hours ago, axman2526 said:

That just makes you look like a prick.

"Blatant ploy"?  f**king tosser.

If he's as sh*t as you have persistently claimed, he would have given L'Arse a better chance by actually playing.  So which is it?  He's sh*t or he's so good that he improves our chances of winning?

My view is that I'd have been OK with giving him a 1-year contract with rolling 1-year option based on performances, but he want's more security than that and apparently wants to stay in London, so, if Arsenal are wiling to give him that, he goes with my thanks and blessing.

The man has been nowhere near as bad as a lot of you claim, and the most virulent disdain appears to come from across the Atlantic, for some reason.  Don't understand why that would be, but hey-ho.  But, basically, the player didn't conform to the stereotypical fantasy that a lot of people had in mind about how he should play, so they wrote him off as some sort of below-par Gronkjaer, totally ignoring the "statistics" that he has been fairly consistent throughout his entire career across several clubs and internationally in his goal-scoring and assisting numbers.

Shame he's going , but thanks for the time here.

15 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He wanted 3 years at 31, nobody got that extension not even Lampard nor Terry and he got offended and went for Arsenal for a 2 year contract lmao

Has he told you he's offended by a definite offer by Chelsea?

All we have are media reports about his wishes, and Chelsea's and Arsenal's offers. That may not be the most reliable way to form an opinion on any alledged snake-ish qualities.  He's free to chose his employer either way.

I reckon Willian is looking to retire in 3 years time, whereas he feels 2 years is too soon. What can he do if we aren’t willing to offer him that, makes sense to move to Arsenal and not having to move and start a whole new life abroad.

I can completely understand him, not sure why some people are calling him a snake.

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

Has he told you he's offended by a definite offer by Chelsea?

All we have are media reports about his wishes, and Chelsea's and Arsenal's offers. That may not be the most reliable way to form an opinion on any alledged snake-ish qualities.  He's free to chose his employer either way.

No, he didn't tell me but you already know that. It's just a funny scenario to me. He can retire tomorrow and shave his head, that would be still more logical to me than rejecting Lampard for Arteta, but that's just me I don't judge him nor blame him, I just find it a bit absurd that he didn't want 2 more years here but wants 2 years in another club from London.

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

No, he didn't tell me but you already know that. It's just a funny scenario to me. He can retire tomorrow and shave his head, that would be still more logical to me than rejecting Lampard for Arteta, but that's just me I don't judge him nor blame him, I just find it a bit absurd that he didn't want 2 more years here but wants 2 years in another club from London.

You're still assuming you know his mind.

Just now, Valerie said:

You're still assuming you know his mind.

I'm not assuming that, fact is he rejected a 2 year extension here and will join Arsenal in a 2 year deal, I'm actually admitting that I simply don't understand that decision which is the opposite of assuming that I know his mind, I'm in the dark lol

10 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I'm not assuming that, fact is he rejected a 2 year extension here and will join Arsenal in a 2 year deal, I'm actually admitting that I simply don't understand that decision which is the opposite of assuming that I know his mind, I'm in the dark lol

Matt Law has reported 3+1 year, so your assumption is just that, an assumption. We don’t know what the terms being discussed are.

From a fan perspective I’m disgusted he’s joining a London rival and not accepting our club’s offer of two years’ contract, going beyond what club legends Lampard and Terry were offered. But, i don’t think he’s been as disrespectful as that snake we had on goal, and is just moving to Woolwich FC because they are offering more years. As simple as that, he is not a fan but an employee.

6 minutes ago, RMH said:

Matt Law has reported 3+1 year, so your assumption is just that, an assumption. We don’t know what the terms being discussed are.

From a fan perspective I’m disgusted he’s joining a London rival and not accepting our club’s offer of two years’ contract, going beyond what club legends Lampard and Terry were offered. But, i don’t think he’s been as disrespectful as that snake we had on goal, and is just moving to Woolwich FC because they are offering more years. As simple as that, he is not a fan but an employee.

Oh so he's getting the 3 year deal then, I thought it was 2 years so I just simply couldn't grasp the logic there... Makes much more sense, that seems to be the most important for him. Well that and staying in London. For a nice wage. Good for him, good for us.

7 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Oh so he's getting the 3 year deal then, I thought it was 2 years so I just simply couldn't grasp the logic there... Makes much more sense, that seems to be the most important for him. Well that and staying in London. For a nice wage. Good for him, good for us.

Ah, so the Willian being offended post was premature, who would have thunk it :biggrin:

1 minute ago, Valerie said:

Ah, so the Willian being offended post was premature, who would have thunk it :biggrin:

I just tried to understand why he would reject our 2 year deal extension and accept Arsenals 2 year offer, that was what the link was saying. The one reason I could think of is that he has some grudge against the club. I'm sorry that I offended you in his name.

4 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

That just makes you look like a prick.

"Blatant ploy"?  f**king tosser.

If he's as sh*t as you have persistently claimed, he would have given L'Arse a better chance by actually playing.  So which is it?  He's sh*t or he's so good that he improves our chances of winning?

Ignoring your rudeness, to answer your question I do not believe Willian shares my opinion in the slightest. I believe he is capable of the sublime but all too often produces the mediocre and the frustrating, making him a David Luiz of his position. Any professional footballer who has made it to the top however will have great faith in his abilities, and believe he makes his side stronger.

I can also imagine he would not wish to go up against his future employer and cost them and himself a chance of european football next season if he were to have one of those David Luiz super games. Nor do I believe he would want to play the game and play deliberately poorly to cost his current team mates. I do not think poorly of him as a person, I do not know him, just base my opinion on him missing the game by Frank clearly saying he was available for it and suddenly he was not.

26 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Ignoring your rudeness, to answer your question I do not believe Willian shares my opinion in the slightest. I believe he is capable of the sublime but all too often produces the mediocre and the frustrating, making him a David Luiz of his position. Any professional footballer who has made it to the top however will have great faith in his abilities, and believe he makes his side stronger.

I can also imagine he would not wish to go up against his future employer and cost them and himself a chance of european football next season if he were to have one of those David Luiz super games. Nor do I believe he would want to play the game and play deliberately poorly to cost his current team mates. I do not think poorly of him as a person, I do not know him, just base my opinion on him missing the game by Frank clearly saying he was available for it and suddenly he was not.

You still didn't answer the question.

If Willian is as bad as you and many others have been claiming for several years, surely choosing to play would have helped his next employer.  If his mere presence in our team makes the chances of Arsenal losing greater, then he can't be that bad, can he?

So which is it?