He really hates Tottenham doesn’t he, first making them pay for his medical now going to their bitter rivals.

We move on he moves on, the right move for both parties IMO.

Thanks for the memories Willian, good luck in your matches against Spurs!

Great servant over the years, i understand the criticism, he has great technique, work ethic, tactically he is very good, but at a club of our size trying to compete with the very best, he wasnt consistant enough in the final 3rd. All the teams that we are trying to compete with have wingers who score 15+ a season, Willian was never going to be that player. 

Back onto the positives, and he has been involved in some big trophy wins, and he has scored some belters aswell. I will remember his time here fondly, and even i wouldve been happy for him to stay, it is the right time to leave if he wants a new long term deal. 

Hopefully doesnt end up at arsenal, but if he does, i will wish all the best on a personal level, and all the worst on a professional level. 

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE FANS OF CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB

They were seven wonderful years. In August 2013 when I received the offer from Chelsea, I was convinced that this was where I had to play. Today I am certain that it was the best of decisions. There were so many happy times, some sad, there were trophies and it was always very intense.

Yet, beyond the trophies, I learnt a lot about myself. I developed a great deal, becoming a better player and a better person. With each training session, with each game, with every minute spent in the dressing room, I was always learning.

I am really grateful to the Chelsea fans for the affectionate way they welcomed me at Stamford Bridge and their support throughout my time at the club. There was also criticism, which is normal, what is important though is that both the affection and criticism drove me to always give my all in every training session, every game, to be constantly improving until my very last minute in a Chelsea shirt!

The time has now come to move on. I am certainly going to miss my teammates. I will miss all the staff at the club who’ve always treated me like a son and I will miss the fans. I leave with my head held high, safe in the knowledge that I won things here and always did my best in a Chelsea shirt!

My heartfelt thanks go out to all of you and God bless you!
Willian Borges da Silva

image.png.6ae46c388a9f370ef7cbfb15cd89fb60.png

Much respect for this man. For no single reason, many people hate him. And it is coming because a lot of people lack UNDERSTANDING. I have to put that in capital letter so that it can sink into so many people. Understanding is very important in issues of life. Some people don't know the characteristics of the player we are talking about. This guy has his own strength as a player, and that strength is so good, that it can win a lot of matches for a team. I want to ask people that how does a player show that he is good. Because in the case of Willian, I don't know how this guy wants to show people that he is good. So unfortunate.

Edited by hephzibah
23 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

Much respect for this man. For no single reason, many people hate him. And it is coming because a lot of people lack UNDERSTANDING. I have to put that in capital letter so that it can sink into so many people. Understanding is very important in issues of life. Some people don't know the characteristics of the player we are talking about. This guy has his own strength as a player, and that strength is so good, that it can win a lot of matches for a team. I want to ask people that how does a player show that he is good. Because in the case of Willian, I don't know how this guy wants to show people that he is good. So unfortunate.

Eh?

Don't know any Chelsea fan who "hates" Willian. 

We all appreciate his contribution and he's been a good player for us. Good but not great. He has been frustrating and probably for many, never reached the heights we were hoping he would, but such is life and we all move on to the next chapter.

2 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Eh?

Don't know any Chelsea fan who "hates" Willian. 

We all appreciate his contribution and he's been a good player for us. Good but not great. He has been frustrating and probably for many, never reached the heights we were hoping he would, but such is life and we all move on to the next chapter.

Weeeeeell, there have been a few people in this thread who were - let's say - less than charitable, and went pretty far in expressing their negative thoughts on Willian.

7 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Weeeeeell, there have been a few people in this thread who were - let's say - less than charitable, and went pretty far in expressing their negative thoughts on Willian.

Just read back a few pages - see what you mean!!

Still wouldn't call it hate - some just clearly Willian less than others!

i want to ask all of us here, If Ziyech were to have a 3 month injury in the start of next season, who will the team turn to, is it CHO who does not know what is happening to him at the moment. because we all know football that it happens like that that a player will have injury. A big team has many big players, even some on the bench, and they will keep all of them happy. Man City has Mahrez, Liverpool has Chamberlain, Keita, Minamino, Shaqiri who at times are on the bench. And i think that is what makes a big team, a team that is ready to win the league or the champions league. But for me, in the start of next season, when i think Pulisic will be injured who will stand in for him? Apart from that, how old was Ronaldo when Juventus gave him i think a four year deal? i think 33 years old. So i dont think Willian who i think is 32 years old, cannot be given a three years contract. I dont think he looks old, or look tired. I just dont get this.

Edited by hephzibah
3 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

Obviously if Ronaldo is worth a 4 year deal, then Willian is worth 3 years at 150k per week, i mean what does a guy like Ronaldo have over Willian? :face_palm:

Well i dont know if you are being sarcastic, i know Ronaldo is very good, i probably should not be comparing him with Willian. Although Willian is not at the level of Ronaldo, but willian deserves a 3 years contract.

Anyone saying they are glad to see him go needs a history lesson. Willian has been one of our top players since he came to Chelsea. Carried us for an entire season when the rest of the team downed tools. Rember this?

Chants of 'Jose Mourinho' echoed around Stamford Bridge, while Cesc Fabregas and Diego Costa were booed as their names were read out over the Stamford Bridge tannoy. Willian, one of the bright sparks in a troubled campaign for Mourinho and the Blues, was roundly cheered by fans.

The ill-feeling towards some of the club's players was emphasised by one of many banners in support of Mourinho, which read: "The three rats; Hazard, Cesc and Costa."

16 minutes ago, Scott said:

Anyone saying they are glad to see him go needs a history lesson. Willian has been one of our top players since he came to Chelsea. Carried us for an entire season when the rest of the team downed tools. Rember this?

Chants of 'Jose Mourinho' echoed around Stamford Bridge, while Cesc Fabregas and Diego Costa were booed as their names were read out over the Stamford Bridge tannoy. Willian, one of the bright sparks in a troubled campaign for Mourinho and the Blues, was roundly cheered by fans.

The ill-feeling towards some of the club's players was emphasised by one of many banners in support of Mourinho, which read: "The three rats; Hazard, Cesc and Costa."

i dont know whether Chelsea board saw this. Maybe Arsenal fans will see it now.

15 minutes ago, Night-T said:

Strike. 😂😂 Ok that is funny. Just forwarded it to my colleague that is an Arsenal fan. 

At least you found something to console yourself.

Edited by hephzibah
3 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

At least you found something to console yourselve.

I sure do. Even as a big Willian fan (my jersey from the 19-20 season was from him) It’s a funny meme. So why being bitter. People are way too serious nowadays.