Jose cares about the fans and he knows that almost all Chelsea fans love Mata and would that we would rather see anybody else leave. Also, as Jose said, he wants to add quality, not lose quality and selling Mata would be certainly losing a lot of quality.

Are you telling me Mourinho didnt know fans love Raul and Casillas? I dont think he will let fans influence his decisions one bit

What is that Bertrand has done so wrong? He's had a couple of games where he wasn't outstanding and everytime he's had a run in the side he has grown in stature!

I've got nothing against the lad, he's an adequate squad player but I can't see him becoming our first choice left back and if Cole was to be sidelined for a couple of months I'd be concerned. He's not as composed as Cole (who is) but looks a bit lost going forward, can't intercept or read the game anywhere near as well and struggles when it comes to positioning. All my own opinion of course.

Great news the guy is class and will fit in straight away. Gives Jose more options in formation and shape.

I agree, Mourinho knows what it means to sign Willian and improve the squad.

Willian used in the attacking trio gives Mourinho the option of dropping Oscar deeper in midfield where he performs best

If also gives Jose the option of pushing Hazard forward as a false No 9.

A combination of Hazard, Willian and Mata would tear holes in opposing defences.

Edited by Randy36

We won't burn our attacking midfielders out by February, that's for sure. Defensive Midfield, Left Back, Centre Back and Strikers on the other hand.

Defensive midfield isn't really a position we even use in its purest form right now, but for that central duo we have 5 players. Ramires, Mikel, Essien, Van Ginkel and Lampard is a good level of competition for those places. Personally I'm a fan of playing Oscar there as well, but that's my own view and no manager on earth would likely agree with me (other than ones who'd play Mikel at centre back).

As long as Mourinho can get Ramires to stay disciplined in that defensive role, we have a good line up there.

We have 3 strikers in Lukaku, Torres and Ba and are looking to sign Eto'o or Rooney as well.

Others have already covered how our defence is covered and I think that Bertrand although not spectacular is extremely solid, which is what you want from a backup. He's always going to be reliable. Once Cole does leave, then we can think about replacing him. Now isn't that time.

Our squad is extremely strong, deep and young. I'm extremely excited, not just for this season, but for seasons to come. How good Oscar has looked in his first few games. De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku, Van Ginkel, Dave are all young and going to be top drawer if they aren't already. That isn't even mentioning Mata, David Luiz, Ramires, even Courtois and now Willian. We have an incredibly exciting future here.

Well I saw Anzhi in most of the Europa league campaigns over the past 2 years while my flat mate a Celtic fan watches Russian football all the time in here due to that cock McGeady at Spartak.

So I'd say from what I have seen of Eto'o that no, no he is not the same player he was when he was in his pomp with Barca and Inter.

I'm not denying he aint a great player because he was but from what I have seen he's not carried that forward to his time in Russia, it's my opinion.

Fair enough and thanks for the clarification - again pls don't think I was being argumentative or anything I was just interested to know.

I'd wager that even with a decline he would still be an upgrade on Torres, particularly if you think that the players around him will be of much higher quality. I'd welcome him at Chelsea to be honest, mainly though because I'm just sick and tired of Torres leading the line for us when it's clear he isn't up to it.

It's always good to see top class talent joining, even if it feels like a somewhat unnecessary transfer. While I would have some fear that the club are doing this in anticipation of offering Mata in part exchange for Rooney, I trust (to a degree) that they will be smart enough to see that that move would benefit them more than us.

So, Willian, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, KDB and Schurle all at Chelsea. Most clubs would kill to have one of them.

I don't disagree with any of that Eggy. I really hope we land Rooney. All I'm saying is that I think if we are signing players of Willians quality, there are other positions we could fill outside of AM first and that as far as Eto goes, at 32 and surely to command a high salary and at least a two year contract it's a step backwards in transfer policy and squad development, especially when considering the sort of strikers that have come to the PL already this summer.

I don't disagree with any of that Eggy. I really hope we land Rooney. All I'm saying is that I think if we are signing players of Willians quality, there are other positions we could fill outside of AM first and that as far as Eto goes, at 32 and surely to command a high salary and at least a two year contract it's a step backwards in transfer policy and squad development, especially when considering the sort of strikers that have come to the PL already this summer.

If we sign Eto'o (and honestly I hope we don't as I never even rated him at Barca). It's with a view to one season while Lukaku is still developing, an upgrade on Ba essentially.

We aren't in a position to say what Mourinho and Emenalo are discussing and why they sign certain players, but there has to be a reason.

Well I saw Anzhi in most of the Europa league campaigns over the past 2 years while my flat mate a Celtic fan watches Russian football all the time in here due to that cock McGeady at Spartak.

So I'd say from what I have seen of Eto'o that no, no he is not the same player he was when he was in his pomp with Barca and Inter.

I'm not denying he aint a great player because he was but from what I have seen he's not carried that forward to his time in Russia, it's my opinion.

What are the reasons for his poor form? Has he lost his pace, or is it an attitude thing? His scoring record is almost 1 in every 2 for Anzhi overall so he can't be that terrible...

So last season chelsea were criticised for not having enough depth, and now they are being criticised for having too much?

Now that Willian is almost officially at Chelsea, would you be against signing another AM? Because it seems that according to you theres no such thing as too much depth

Edited by Lane
Guest RFC_CFC

What are the reasons for his poor form? Has he lost his pace, or is it an attitude thing? His scoring record is almost 1 in every 2 for Anzhi overall so he can't be that terrible...

The quality in the Russian leagues is very poor tbh, the atmosphere, pace of the game ect is all lacking. Fans are staying away and it's being played out in half empty arenas so maybe the footballers are a bit dejected I don't know.

What I do know is he does not look like the same player he was when he was in Spain and Italy.

Guest RFC_CFC

Fair enough and thanks for the clarification - again pls don't think I was being argumentative or anything I was just interested to know.

I'd wager that even with a decline he would still be an upgrade on Torres, particularly if you think that the players around him will be of much higher quality. I'd welcome him at Chelsea to be honest, mainly though because I'm just sick and tired of Torres leading the line for us when it's clear he isn't up to it.

Most strikers just now would b an upgrade on Torres who just doesn't look like scoring. He may well be a decent stop gap but I'd have hoped we would have gone for a more rounded striker in all areas especially if we had £30 million kicking about for a player most seem to think we didnt really require.

The quality in the Russian leagues is very poor tbh, the atmosphere, pace of the game ect is all lacking. Fans are staying away and it's being played out in half empty arenas so maybe the footballers are a bit dejected I don't know.

What I do know is he does not look like the same player he was when he was in Spain and Italy.

Assumably then he does still have the attributes, just not the desire in the Russian league?

Guest RFC_CFC

Assumably then he does still have the attributes, just not the desire in the Russian league?

You can't switch them on and off.

I would imagine playing two years in that environment would hinder.

He doesn't have the pace he once had that's for sure which was a huge asset.

so final rooney bid on tuesday and hopefully our squad will be complete. if not, eto'o as a fall back option. ba and moses leaving either on loan or transfer. Jose has a hell of a job keeping 6 world class attacking mids happy!

Impossible unless they have a 100 game season.

Btw, I saw Essiens instagram post I believe and it had kenneth omeruo training with the first team, whats going to happen with him? loan?

A bit off topic here, but I thought the club was awaiting an appeal for Young Omeruo's Work Permit clearance. I should get one, as he played in the ACON & the Confederation's Cup this year.

Edited by robdog

Are you telling me Mourinho didnt know fans love Raul and Casillas? I dont think he will let fans influence his decisions one bit

Are you telling me he regards Chelsea fans on the same level as Madrid fans? Also, Raul was past it at that point and he dropped Casillas due to poor form/a falling out, he's not going to sell Chesea's favourite player before he's even had a chance.