I think he looked better once he moved back to the right, I'd prefer Oscar and Fàbregas to continue in the number 10 role for the remainder of the season.

Superb finish, hopefully he starts hitting those with some more regularity, he's singlehandedly kept the title push alive with that strike.

I don't think the positions actually matter all that much. All three of Hazard, Willian and Cuadrado seemed to be switching around easily during the match and all three are more comfortable in wider positions than Oscar.

You said that Jose might be reluctant to change the team at this point in the season. I don't think that is Jose at all. He'll go with whatever is the best team at any given moment and I really don't see how Oscar gets into our best starting xi right now.

Thought he had one of his best games for us, especially getting that goal at the end. Really in his best vein of form for us although I thought the front four were pretty poor altogether. Yes they had some nice moments in the first 25 minutes but in the second-half especially it looked like we were going to really struggle to score from open play and it's no surprise the goal eventually came from a set-piece.

A lot of that had to do with Fabregas missing though because Ramires simply doesn't have the vision he does. Think we need Costa and Cesc in the team to see how this unit works properly. As for Oscar I think it's a little unfair to criticise him considering he's put in performances like Willian's before and been a match-winner for us. 

But it's massively encouraging that Willian has stepped up in the last month, especially with the CL round the corner.

I don't think the positions actually matter all that much. All three of Hazard, Willian and Cuadrado seemed to be switching around easily during the match and all three are more comfortable in wider positions than Oscar.

You said that Jose might be reluctant to change the team at this point in the season. I don't think that is Jose at all. He'll go with whatever is the best team at any given moment and I really don't see how Oscar gets into our best starting xi right now.

Agree with this.

Those 3 attackers interchange so much, it doesn't matter what their 'position' I'd on the team sheet.

Not sure I agree bout oscar though, cuadrado has to earn his spot for me.

Agree with this.

Those 3 attackers interchange so much, it doesn't matter what their 'position' I'd on the team sheet.

Not sure I agree bout oscar though, cuadrado has to earn his spot for me.

You are right. Jose will usually give the incumbent a chance to retain his position.

For Oscar to keep Cuadrado out, assuming Willian is undroppable at the moment, he will have to raise his level of performances. Either way, it can only be good for the team.

I really don't see how Oscar gets into our best starting xi right now.

Because, in my opinion, we play much better with Oscar, than without... Especially when Fabregas is also in the team as they interchange between dropping deep and pushing forward very well. 

I didn't see anything from Cuarado last night to suggest he should be starting ahead of Oscar at the moment, I'd give him a month to bed into his new surroundings. 

I don't think Ramires has performed well enough in the last three games to retain his place in midfield were Febregas to play in the #10 role.

Basically I'd stick with the team that's played the majority of matches this season for now. 

Because, in my opinion, we play much better with Oscar, than without... Especially when Fabregas is also in the team as they interchange between dropping deep and pushing forward very well.

I didn't see anything from Cuarado last night to suggest he should be starting ahead of Oscar at the moment, I'd give him a month to bed into his new surroundings.

I don't think Ramires has performed well enough in the last three games to retain his place in midfield were Febregas to play in the #10 role.

Basically I'd stick with the team that's played the majority of matches this season for now.

I don't agree. I think we have looked pretty clueless going forward when Fabregas is not in the team. But yesterday, I thought we looked good without him, and Cuadrado was a part of that imo, as was Willian playing centrally and the fluidity of interchange between our AMs.

Oscar may enable Fabregas more freedom in some ways, but I don't think that is enough to keep him in the team. I'm for anything that makes us less reliant on Fabregas in fact.

Lastly, I think we keep the ball better with this team, once you replace Ramires and Remy with Fabregas and Costa from yesterday, and that is something we don't do anywhere near as well as the likes of Bayern, Real, Barca and Atletico.

I don't agree. I think we have looked pretty clueless going forward when Fabregas is not in the team. But yesterday, I thought we looked good without him, and Cuadrado was a part of that imo, as was Willian playing centrally and the fluidity of interchange between our AMs.

All I'll say is I don't think it's a coincidence that the ball ended up in the back of the net twice once Fabregas came on last night, up to that point, I don't think we looked like scoring.

Oscar and Fàbregas work well together and our best performances of the season have been when they've both played.

Me personally, I'm going with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality.

Felipe Nasr. F1 driver.Brazilian.

Note how they gave him a #12 shirt which was no doubt in honour of his favourite Chelsea player.

I thought Willian was good last night; obviously he was the matchwinner (and in such a spectacular and dramatic fashion to boot) but his lateral movement and fluidity with Hazard and Cuadrado was a real sight to see. One small criticism is that he wasn't as effective as Oscar at moving the ball forward through a crowd of players, which up until the very end seemed like it might hinder our ability to break down a tight (at least for the last 25 minutes) defence.

A counter-attacking force of Hazard, Willian, Cuadrado, Rémy and Ramires, bloody hell...

Oscar may enable Fabregas more freedom in some ways, but I don't think that is enough to keep him in the team. I'm for anything that makes us less reliant on Fabregas in fact.

Lastly, I think we keep the ball better with this team, once you replace Ramires and Remy with Fabregas and Costa from yesterday, and that is something we don't do anywhere near as well as the likes of Bayern, Real, Barca and Atletico.

You have to be kidding me! We were hopeless yesterday! Our movement was turgid and Willian's attacking was as poor as ever, luckily for him and us he scored a deflected goal but it doesn't change the facts! 

I'm not going to lay too much blame on the attacking midfielders because we were missing Costa and Fabregas, but you've got to be kidding if you think we looked good. We had a spell in the first-half when a couple of decent crosses almost led to goals, but after that it became painfully obvious that we weren't going to score from open-play. Ultimately it was a set-piece that led to the goal.

I've said all season that the midfield trio of Oscar, Fabregas and Matic is our strongest defensively and most creative offensively.

As for Willian and Oscar, the criticism of Willian has been his lack of end-product but he's done well in the last 9 games to get 2 goals and 2 assists. If he can match the type of numbers Oscar puts up both offensively and defensively whilst maintaining our pressing game then that will be good enough I expect.

True. We were poor in the second half. Hazard and Cuadrado seemed to fade and I thought we should have brought Fabregas on earlier

Did you think we missed Oscar in that match? 3 goals and 3 assists in his last 9 games, I thought he stepped up nicely in the Hull game when we missed Fabregas and the Palace match when we missed Costa (1 goal and 1 assist).

Did you think we missed Oscar in that match? 3 goals and 3 assists in his last 9 games, I thought he stepped up nicely in the Hull game when we missed Fabregas and the Palace match when we missed Costa (1 goal and 1 assist).

I don't think we missed him in a creative sense. But his goals and assists have been important this season, I will accept that. Although like I said in the Oscar thread, he hasn't really produced against the top teams.

I don't think we missed him in a creative sense. But his goals and assists have been important this season, I will accept that. Although like I said in the Oscar thread, he hasn't really produced against the top teams.

Newcastle, Palace and Swansea are all around Everton and they're the teams he's looked good against. Personally I thought he was exceptional at home to Arsenal as well. Think he could've given us something on Wednesday when play slowed down, but like I said without Cesc and Costa there it's hard to judge how good Willian is when starting in the 10 spot.