Mike 93

Willian

Anyone else let down he didnt try to score with that freekick at the end of the match?

Not personally - had the freekick been blocked/saved it may have allowed Spurs to counter, the players wouldn't have known how much time remained so there was no point other than to give it to Hazard and run the clock down.

Edited by the special one

Sun linking Jose with £60m bid for him...obviously most likely bollox, but have to say, despite him being player of the year and all that, that's a deal I'd have no problem with...I don't think he's a £60m player and ever will be

Sun linking Jose with £60m bid for him...obviously most likely bollox, but have to say, despite him being player of the year and all that, that's a deal I'd have no problem with...I don't think he's a £60m player and ever will be

Unlikely but you never know.

Could we see Mata return in any potential deal for Willian to go there?

I saw a link saying Jose wanted Matic there as well.

£60 million is tempting as f**k though; still way too much for a player like willian and it's gotta be bullsh*t. i think traore can take that spot on the right, push hazard central and pedro on the left (depending on the system we intend to play). 

"Jose is one of the most successful coaches in the world and Manchester United will be stronger with him as manager.

“I played some of my best football under Mourinho. He is a special coach and I have a great relationship with him.

“Winning the Premier League with him was one of the highlights of my career. I was sad things didn’t work out after that.”

All just a bunch of silly rumours that the media are pulling out their assholes because they have nothing to report. They will link a lot of our players with United now but i can't see why Mourinho would go back for players who, in his mind, cost him his job. Willian was probably the least at fault, but Matic was terrible for Mourinho this season, why would Mourinho want him ?

All just a bunch of silly rumours that the media are pulling out their assholes because they have nothing to report. 

Indeed. I HATE silly season, such an awful time of year where players everywhere are linked with all the big clubs. At least we have the euros to distract us for a bit.

Personally I want to keep Willian. He was the only good thing about the end of last season.

Where did the 60m report from? He is not being talked about at all on the United forums.

Chelsea supporters might argue that 60m is more than a good deal for him, but for United - he's worth that fee. Not just for the player he is, but for the balance he brings to the team. We have been crying out loud for a proper top-class right winger - any right winger, actually. Lingard and Mata are not the answer. Add his pace, set piece skills, and defensive abilities  - and he's a perfect missing piece of the jigsaw.

Indeed. I HATE silly season, such an awful time of year where players everywhere are linked with all the big clubs. At least we have the euros to distract us for a bit.

Personally I want to keep Willian. He was the only good thing about the end of last season.

William was rubbish the second half the season

If jose seriously came in with a combined offer of about 100 million for Matic and Willian, I think we'd be foolish to not at least consider it.  OF course, i'd want to know that money was then being used to target replacements (Griezman I've read has recently came out and said nothing has been inked or agreed in principal between he and Atletico).

Where did the 60m report from? He is not being talked about at all on the United forums.

Chelsea supporters might argue that 60m is more than a good deal for him, but for United - he's worth that fee. Not just for the player he is, but for the balance he brings to the team. We have been crying out loud for a proper top-class right winger - any right winger, actually. Lingard and Mata are not the answer. Add his pace, set piece skills, and defensive abilities  - and he's a perfect missing piece of the jigsaw.

It came from The Sun so make of that what you will.

I agree with what you're saying about his value to Man Utd. He would improve their team immeasurably, which would be very bad news for us. I have no idea how to put a value on that- it's not just a case of losing one player, we would be giving one of our main rivals next season a significant competitive advantage, and that would be a very stupid thing to do. We have a habit of off-loading players for apparently good deals but then going on to regret it later.

If Willian was sold for 60m we would at least need 200m for Griezman

Atletico probably want to put that high a release clause on him, sharpish.

Willian is not close to be a 60M player, if this is real I would sell him. Having said that, god knows how much we will need to pay to get equivalent replacement. Willian had a great 2/3 season, towards the end he just completely disappeared, probably got a bit of inure or just out of gas.