Let's also keep in mind last season we were very fortunate with injuries in that none of the 3 amigos picked up anything serious throughout the season, but they do look quite brittle and defences love kicking lumps out of them, if we lose 1 or 2 of them for a few months we'll be glad we have this depth and not yossi f**king benayoun.

Actually see the video in jack_super_class' post, Graham Hunter hints at us having been in the driver's seat for Isco for a while. I believe it was him and two others discussing us having first option on Isco as part of the Piazon loan on Revista de La Liga where I heard about it first. Some links off the bat:

The same Graham Hunter that revealed that Thiago to United was "done" and that Isco to City was "done"?

Highly credible obviously.

The same Graham Hunter that revealed that Thiago to United was "done" and that Isco to City was "done"?

Highly credible obviously.

I don't trust him much either, although seeming as he was already used as evidence in a point made against me I thought I'd use him for me too. I did post links to other outlets too.

Usually when both semi-reliable Spanish and English media are reporting the same thing and not just referencing each other as sources you can be fairly certain they are not just empty rumours.

Actually see the video in jack_super_class' post, Graham Hunter hints at us having been in the driver's seat for Isco for a while. I believe it was him and two others discussing us having first option on Isco as part of the Piazon loan on Revista de La Liga where I heard about it first. Some links off the bat:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-get-first-option-on-hotproperty-isco-8454193.html

http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/liga-bbva/2013/01/16/la-llegada-de-lucas-piazon-al-malaga-puede-ser-la-clave-para-que-isco-fiche-por-el-chelsea-112927/

And yet he ended up at Real Madrid, despite their plethora of attacking options. Perhaps it's my cynical mind, but it doesn't feel like we can have tried very hard.

Dont take it the wrong way, but I really dont understand you at all.

You love sharing these fanciful transfer yarns that some sport pages would not dream of publishing, as if you were the agent involved in the deal. Then, when people ask you for evidence for any of these stories being true, you do one of three things:

1. Provide links, like the ones above, as evidence, despite the fact that most media sources will now invent these links at the behest of players, managers, agents, and freely be manipulated by them. Stories are recycled all the time. The press in other countries like Spain will act as a mouthpiece for specific information a club wants out there. Yet this time, the Evening Standard must have been correct, eh?

2. back off your position, albeit slowly. You did this in the case of Isco to Real Madrid, and when I was genuinely curious about your claims, you slowly made it clear that you had no actual evidence, but that you had reached your own conclusions about the situation, seemingly out of thin air.

Just reading the previous page, your claims are met with skepticism or derision, and you explain them away through a variety of tactics. 

We got first option on Isco with the Piazon deal...

£25m to Real Madrid. Didn't pursue in the end because he wasn't in a position we needed.

I highlighted this post because Stim replied to your claim that this was just a rumor. Yet, based on nothing, your response was "more than a rumor". No, Stim had it exactly right. It was just a rumor. A rumor that you liked the sound of, so you repeated it and removed all qualifiers, as if you were sitting at the table with Malaga and Chelsea brass. 

Then there is something like...

That just sounds like an unsubstantiated theory seeming as he then joined Real Madrid.

That's funny, because unsubstantiated theories (which you present as factual) are pretty much all you post. It seems clear to me that if you want to push a rumor (and yourself as the oracle that is calling it) and you can find a link for it, that counts as "evidence". But then someone says something to counteract your claims, and you dismiss it

Honestly, my only question is, what do you gain out of doing all this? This is not to be a jerk, but you seem to be totally focused on transfers on this forum. You're met with skepticism by most people, and yet you soldier on when the vast majority of your claims are ultimately proven false (or, when challenged, are given up on). If this is about impressing people on an internet community, or standing out, it really is needless.

Dont take it the wrong way, but I really dont understand you at all.

You love sharing these fanciful transfer yarns that some sport pages would not dream of publishing, as if you were the agent involved in the deal. Then, when people ask you for evidence for any of these stories being true, you do one of three things:

1. Provide links, like the ones above, as evidence, despite the fact that most media sources will now invent these links at the behest of players, managers, agents, and freely be manipulated by them. Stories are recycled all the time. The press in other countries like Spain will act as a mouthpiece for specific information a club wants out there. Yet this time, the Evening Standard must have been correct, eh?

2. back off your position, albeit slowly. You did this in the case of Isco to Real Madrid, and when I was genuinely curious about your claims, you slowly made it clear that you had no actual evidence, but that you had reached your own conclusions about the situation, seemingly out of thin air.

Just reading the previous page, your claims are met with skepticism or derision, and you explain them away through a variety of tactics. 

I highlighted this post because Stim replied to your claim that this was just a rumor. Yet, based on nothing, your response was "more than a rumor". No, Stim had it exactly right. It was just a rumor. A rumor that you liked the sound of, so you repeated it and removed all qualifiers, as if you were sitting at the table with Malaga and Chelsea brass. 

Then there is something like...

That's funny, because unsubstantiated theories (which you present as factual) are pretty much all you post. It seems clear to me that if you want to push a rumor (and yourself as the oracle that is calling it) and you can find a link for it, that counts as "evidence". But then someone says something to counteract your claims, and you dismiss it

Honestly, my only question is, what do you gain out of doing all this? This is not to be a jerk, but you seem to be totally focused on transfers on this forum. You're met with skepticism by most people, and yet you soldier on when the vast majority of your claims are ultimately proven false (or, when challenged, are given up on). If this is about impressing people on an internet community, or standing out, it really is needless.

I think we'll wrap it up as soon as the permit is sorted. Name to contact, shake hands with Gourlay, take a few photos and a short interview with CTV. Done.

Fly to Prague with new teammates, score a goal in the debut, celebrate cup win. Done.

Nice start for the lad wouldn't you say...

Edited by evissy

Taken from The Guardian live transfer blog @11:42am:

Sad news for Liverpool and Spurs fans, who both no doubt will feel hurt and let down by Willian and no doubt would have loved it, LOVED IT, if his work permit application had failed. Alas, it appears his work permit has been confirmed and that his transfer to Chelsea will go through later today.