Doesn't Mata

Victor Moses

Welcome back Victor! 

Zappacosta has done a steady but unspectacular job filling in, but moses is the better fit no doubt. 

He plays much further forward, and he links up better with the other players. 

Moses had an excellent game today, probably his best this season, after a horrific cameo on Wednesday. 

Just needs to keep this level, and keep putting in crosses like the assist for morata. 

1 hour ago, big blue said:

Welcome back Victor! 

Zappacosta has done a steady but unspectacular job filling in, but moses is the better fit no doubt. 

He plays much further forward, and he links up better with the other players. 

Moses had an excellent game today, probably his best this season, after a horrific cameo on Wednesday. 

Just needs to keep this level, and keep putting in crosses like the assist for morata. 

It was nice to see him terrorising Matt Ritchie today. Partly because it’s good to see Moses doing well, mainly because I know Matt Ritchie and he’s a complete tool from the south coast of England who plays for bloody Scotland!

Doesn't get the appreciation he deserves, fantastic player, hopefully, we see this consistency from last season. He's brilliant at 1 v 1's if he keeps improving his final ball think how many goals Morata will get. Costa never got on the end of Moses's balls on the byline, that used to get me very frustrated, with Morata I can see a lot of goals being scored from that end. 

Moses is more of a consistent performer, he can actually link up with the team really well. Zappercosta seems to be quicker than Moses but his overall play is quite sluggish, takes heavy touches, lacks vision.

We've rarely seen Zappacosta make use of his pace because usually the teams we play against sit back deep against us so all he'll do is whip the ball in. But he is a good squad player and I think some games will fit him perfectly when teams are coming forward and attacking us. Not every player in the team is going to be Eden Hazard, we have to accept that squad players are needed, I think Zappacosta is capable of that role. 

Edited by Slojo

Although Zappa hasn't done anything wrong so far in his Chelsea career i agree with @jack_super_class. Has he done anything that Aina or perhaps in a years time Sterling couldn't have done. 28m Euro investment for someone who is going to play back up to Victor and spend a lot of the season on the bench. There comes a point when we have to use our youth players to fill these roles and use the money wiser elsewhere. 

He's not taking on players like he used to.  Only going on his right foot and crossing (he used to come inside and shoot with his left).  Still think he is well short of his best and I think it shows as we are only creating chances from the same avenues.  Zappacosta has scored a couple rippers and his cross the other night (as well as Alonso's movement) was sublime.  I'd give Davide a run in the side personally

3 hours ago, Van Butsen said:

He's not taking on players like he used to.  Only going on his right foot and crossing (he used to come inside and shoot with his left).  Still think he is well short of his best and I think it shows as we are only creating chances from the same avenues.  Zappacosta has scored a couple rippers and his cross the other night (as well as Alonso's movement) was sublime.  I'd give Davide a run in the side personally

He did have a run in the side, he wasn't very good though. Moses is still the better option, one decent cross against Arsenal from Zappacosta doesn't change that. Zappacosta is quick, but he isn't agile enough to play RWB for us every game.

4 hours ago, Van Butsen said:

I don't think it's a problem for him to only go on his right and cross.  The problem is he hasn't been good lately with his crossing.  When it's working, it's very nice (the rocket he sent in for Morata's header against Newcastle springs to mind)

I really like Moses as a RWB it’s just a shame he can’t cross the road. 

It’s only one major flaw but it’s such a key one for a RWB when we don’t play with wingers as he provides our only width.

On 05/12/2017 at 09:05, RIP Mourinho said:

Although Zappa hasn't done anything wrong so far in his Chelsea career i agree with @jack_super_class. Has he done anything that Aina or perhaps in a years time Sterling couldn't have done. 28m Euro investment for someone who is going to play back up to Victor and spend a lot of the season on the bench. There comes a point when we have to use our youth players to fill these roles and use the money wiser elsewhere. 

Much more beneficial for Aina to be playing every week on loan at Hull than to be warming our bench hoping that Moses gets injured/suspended/tired IMO.

Despite our season, I think Moses is one of our underrated players. He had few games where he was pretty poor, failed at accurate, crossing and final ball decision. But his defensive work has been excellent, he always came to the big games and was good, especially against Barcelona, does someone remember anything from Jordi Alba? 

If there is a chance that Conte could improve Moses's decisions and improve his crossing ability, then he will be a very good wing back. His speed, work rate, aggression, 1vs1, technique at the right level, he still missing things but I think he is one of our better players this season.

29 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Despite our season, I think Moses is one of our underrated players. He had few games where he was pretty poor, failed at accurate, crossing and final ball decision. But his defensive work has been excellent, he always came to the big games and was good, especially against Barcelona, does someone remember anything from Jordi Alba? 

If there is a chance that Conte could improve Moses's decisions and improve his crossing ability, then he will be a very good wing back. His speed, work rate, aggression, 1vs1, technique at the right level, he still missing things but I think he is one of our better players this season.

Personally haven't thought he's performed that well this season, there's not been a lot between him and Zappacosta in my eyes. Neither is really making that right wing-back role their own this season. 

As you've said yourself, his decision making and final ball in attacking areas has been pretty woeful at times, especially for a former winger. Doesn't seem to posses any sort of acceleration and rarely beats his man to make space for a cross. 

If he still can't cross at this stage of his career, I doubt he'll ever be able to cross. I don't even bother getting my hopes up when he's running towards the byline, you just know it's either going to hit the first man, or he'll overdo it and try to take on 3 people.

He's had an okay year. But nothing more. Frankly the wingbacks are crucial to us in this formation and the failed investment in that area has cost us this year. Zappacosta has not been an improvement. At times he has barely been competition for Moses. Alonso has been better but had no backup until recently. It remains to be seen how Emerson works out.

If Conte leaves, then a new manager will likely move away from 3 at the back. In that case both Zappacosta and Moses will likely be redudant to a future manager.

What a great position Moses got into today, completely f**ked it. Zappa has been unlucky, been the better in form player but hasn't played for ages. Alonso has the ability but the problem is you will be lucky to find him that far forward.

Moses did great for us last season but is a very limited player. Have no faith that he is going to create something when he gets into the final third and he usually fluffs his lines when he gets a great opportunity like today.