Doesn't Mata

Victor Moses

Interesting that Lukaku is apparently keen on joining Inter too. 
I think he was Conte's first choice to replace Costa but we were too slow in offering Everton a deal and were blindsided by United's massive offer. 
I used to believe Morata was Conte's first choice for us because they both worked together at Juventus. But after seeing how desperate Inter are to get Lukaku after signing a deal with Conte, I have come to the same conclusion. Conte actually wanted Lukaku, but our board were reluctant to make the deal happen so we ended up with sh*t Morata.

I think it was more down to the fact Jose offered him guaranteed game time no matter what and Conte didn't.
Either way, thankf**k we missed out on him.
Seriously? He always a better player than Morata. And trust me, Lukaku would have fit in better here in Conte's team than at United.

1 hour ago, wallosh said:
On 21/06/2019 at 13:38, Argo said:
I think it was more down to the fact Jose offered him guaranteed game time no matter what and Conte didn't.
Either way, thankf**k we missed out on him.

Seriously? He always a better player than Morata. And trust me, Lukaku would have fit in better here in Conte's team than at United.

As I said two wrongs don't make a right. It was failing to sign Lacazette that I regret from that summer, not failing to sign Lukaku.

54 minutes ago, Argo said:

As I said two wrongs don't make a right. It was failing to sign Lacazette that I regret from that summer, not failing to sign Lukaku.

I don't really get Lacazette tbh. The guy has the PL scoring record like 2 off Morata and half the output of Giroud in the EL.

6 hours ago, Stim said:

I don't really get Lacazette tbh. The guy has the PL scoring record like 2 off Morata and half the output of Giroud in the EL.

That's an interesting perspective because I've always rated him since his Lyon days and I actually think he's the better player between him and Auba, especially in the big games.

Maybe our striker situations of this decade bar two Diego Costa season's is giving me striker blind spots.

I looked up Lafayette's stats earlier played 35, scored 13, assists 8 so something positive in 21 out of the 35 in the league or 60% in the League. Not brilliant yet not sloppy either.

What we need to recognise with Lacazette is he plays up front with Auba not leading the line on his own. 

It's like comparing apples and oranges instead of apples and apples. 

6 hours ago, Argo said:

That's an interesting perspective because I've always rated him since his Lyon days and I actually think he's the better player between him and Auba, especially in the big games.

Maybe our striker situations of this decade bar two Diego Costa season's is giving me striker blind spots.

Lacazzette is defo a better all round player than Auba, but Auba will get you more goals. Laca defo started of slow, but last season was very good for Arsenal and deserved their player of the year.

16 hours ago, Argo said:

I thought the same. Lacazette was cheaper and a better player than both. He would have been a much better fit for our needs too. Great all round player. 

But that summer was a clusterf**k. Obviously Emenalo was on his way out and he and Marina weren't getting along. Then you had Conte trying to influence transfers and do things his way. It turned into a disaster.

I will take Lacazette over Aubameyang too. The guy is underrated though.

I will take Lacazette over Aubameyang too. The guy is underrated though.