Talking to the Opposition

Walker9009

Hello, I'm back from last year!

After the success of great answers given last year and even a few signing up to our forum to continue the debate further, I hope I can ask some questions again on yourselves, Everton and the upcoming game. 

So...

1. Even though we've only had 3 Premier League games, how well do you think you have played this season?

2. Is absolutely everyone delighted with Mourinho making his return? Have you noticed any changes in his management?

3. What are you expecting out of the season? A title challenge? A long champions league run? Both?

4. Are we likely to see Mata or Eto'o in the game at Goodison?

5. Has there been a stand out performer in the 3 Premier League games so far?

6. Where do you think you will finish this season?

7. Who will be the biggest threat to the Everton side on Saturday (apart from lampard)?

On to Everton...

8. Have you seen much of our season? How do you think we have done?

9. What do you make of our fairly new manager Roberto Martinez? Do you think he'll have success at Everton?

10. We've recently accuired Romelu Lukaku, so what can you tell us about his game (apart from the obvious 17 goals for West Brom and being a monster)??

11. Who will be the biggest threat to your Chelsea side come next Saturday?

11. Where do you think we'll finish this season?

12. Finally, predictions?

Cheers :good2:

After the success of great answers given last year and even a few signing up to our forum to continue the debate further, I hope I can ask some questions again on yourselves, Everton and the upcoming game. 

So...

1. Even though we've only had 3 Premier League games, how well do you think you have played this season?

Excellent in parts, average overall.

2. Is absolutely everyone delighted with Mourinho making his return? Have you noticed any changes in his management?

Delighted he's back, however not all are convinced, I think he's the same as always.

3. What are you expecting out of the season? A title challenge? A long champions league run? Both?

Both.

I think we'll see both, although I doubt Eto'o will start.

Hazard has had flashes of brilliance, Cech has been outstanding.

First or second.

7. Who will be the biggest threat to the Everton side on Saturday (apart from lampard)?

Any one of 4, Hazard, Mata, Oscar and Lampard.

On to Everton...

Only seen MOTD you've looked patchy as to be expected with a new manager.

9. What do you make of our fairly new manager Roberto Martinez? Do you think he'll have success at Everton?

Overated, unsure how he'll do.

10. We've recently accuired Romelu Lukaku, so what can you tell us about his game (apart from the obvious 17 goals for West Brom and being a monster)??

He's raw, very raw, but he definately has talent, he will score goals for you.

Gollum has done us a favour by buying Felani just before we play you, if Baines isn't to downhearted by not joining him, he will cause us problems.

Anywhere from 8th to 14th.

No your ok, I'm old school I never make predictions on my own club.

Thanks these are always appreciated from decent clubs.

1 - Average, but that doesn't bother me because it's what i expected, i would rather start slow and improve as the season goes on. Starting on fire isn't always a good thing.

2 - I'm very happy with the return of Mourinho, i wouldn't have it any other way. His management seems pretty much the same to me.

3 - Both.

4 - Yes, i expect one of them to start.

5 - Oscar or Cahill for me.

6 - 1st.

7 - Hazard.

8 - Everton have be so-so so far, they have lacked an end product but with the arrival of Lukaku i fully expect that to now change.

9 - Hard to say if he will be successful but personally i think he is a very lucky man to be in charge of a team like Everton.

10 - He works hard for team and is faster than you would think, also he will be perfect for Leighton Baines deliveries.

11 - Mirallas or Baines.

12 - 7th.

13 - 2-0 Chelsea.

I think we have played really well. It's still early but the team already feels different then it did last year despite not having many new players starting so far. I think we could have maybe taken more then a point from Man U but I am satisfied with 7 points out of 9. We are playing better defensively which is so important in the PL and we do not appear to be giving up silly goals like last year.

Couldn't be happier with the return of the Special One. We feel invigorated and dangerous again. The team feels confident and I think as the season goes on we will really start to steamroll teams.

I expect at least a runner up in the PL and a good run in the CL. I also think we will do rather well in the FA cup. I think we can get one trophy by the end of season.

I hope so! I think Mata has been getting rested in the last 3 games and I expect the International break to be good for him. He looked off the pace against Aston Villa and we need him to be 100%. As for Eto'o, I wanna see him because I don't trust Ba or Torres to get the job done.

Terry looks years younger and so does Cech. Our whole defense looks more organized and focused.

1st or 2nd in the league.

Oscar and Hazard have started really well and they are both handfuls for defenses. I would be terrified of them if they were on your team.

On to Everton...

Not really watched any of your games to be honest.

I like Martinez a lot. I think he is a smart manager who can be a real success for you. I don't think you will really see it until later in the season though.

He is the next big thing. I think he is going to be a beast when he comes back for us. I don't like that he is there but I understand it was probably best for him and the team. His first touch is not the greatest but already it has improved so much since last year. He has got great pace but it's is physicality that really impresses you when you watch him. He is great in the air and can just run through lesser defense men.

I have no idea to be honest.

Hopefully above Liverpool!

2-0 to us. Hazard and Terry with goals.

Not played to our best but we're getting results which counts. The opening 30 minutes on the opening day against Hull highlighted what the team is capable of.

2. Is absolutely everyone delighted with Mourinho making his return? Have you noticed any changes in his management?

Can only speak personally but I'm very happy he is back, not noticed huge differences personally, the foundation of the team still centres on the defense and he expects the whole team to defend from the front. 

I think we are capable of mounting a title challenge but it's too early to tell. For all the players City have bought I don't know how much additional quality it's bought them, United are now an unknown quantity with Moyes in charge and it's been a rocky start for them.

I think both will play but Eto'o will come off the bench. Mata is now fit and rested after a disruptive pre-season and after not being called up during the international break may start due to having fresh legs and Oscar possibly not being fit as apparently he has picked up a knock with Brazil. 

I assume this means for Chelsea? If so my pick would be Oscar, he's thriving in the middle and working very hard the defensive side of his game is now very good and his movement on the pitch is fantastic, knowing when to drop deep or drift wide. Big season for him this year.

6. Where do you think you will finish this season?

Top 3, not going to give us the kiss of death by saying where though. 

If fit, Hazard, he'll cause you problems coming down your right I think. 

On to Everton...

Only seen MOTD highlights. Personally I think you've done okay and are unlucky not to have more points so far. The main problem seem(ed) to be where the goals will come from. 

I think he's now got to prove just how good he is, he got Wigan playing well with no money and always had to sell his best players. He's bought well this summer in my opinion even if he has been a bit heavy on the recruitment of Wigan players. I think the loan signing of Barry is a huge coupe for you. 

10. We've recently accuired Romelu Lukaku, so what can you tell us about his game (apart from the obvious 17 goals for West Brom and being a monster)??

He's going to give you an outlet up front which you seem to be missing, he's going to help the likes of Pienaar and Mirallas have space to work with. Great signing for you. 

Mirallas I think, quality player, not afraid to take his man on. 

8th-10th I think, this is a transitional season for you after 11 years with Moyes in charge but I think you'll finish in the top half of the table comfortably. 

2-0 Chelsea. 

So...

As well as can be expected

Extremely delighted he's back.

I'm expecting top 2 and quater finals in CL

Eto'o as a sub, I think Mata is going to be give off a few more weeks

Cech has been in brilliant form

Top of the League

Hazzard

On to Everton...

Only saw half of one game. They've been poor in the final 3rd

I'm not a fan. I think they'll take a step back

Lukaku if he plays

12-14

Chelsea 2-0

So...

We have shown glimpses of real quality, generally at the beginning of matches. But it's far too early to make any real judgements.

Well he's only been in charge for 4 games, so it's too soon to say really. He seems slightly less confrontational, but management-style-wise mostly the same.

A decent PL challenge and to get to the final of a domestic cup. CL-wise we'll probably go out around the quarter/semi finals. I don't think we're quite ready to be challenging on all fronts yet.

Mata probably, as he'll have had a long rest by then. Eto'o maybe as a sub, but Torres will start

Not particularly. Cech has been very good as usual. Oscar and Hazard have shown some real quality. Maybe Cahill I'd pick as a stand out performer so far, as he has improved a lot recently.

2nd or 3rd, behind Man City

Hazard

On to Everton...

Nope, no idea.

I think he's over-rated. There's a reason he was always in relegation battles with Wigan. Though he should be able to get you a decent-ish league position.

Disappointed we loaned him out again, he should be leading our line not yours. He will score goals for you and he will bounce defenders around like ragdolls on the high seas.

Baines probably.

10th

2-1 Chelsea

We've go the job done without being spectacular.

Too early to make comparisons. He is though the best in the business, so delighted. And he isn't Rafa

Top 3 ,QF CL , we are though capable of winning both.

I'd expect both to be subs

Not really, Oscar has been consistant. JT was good against United

Top 3

Torres ( in our dreams)

On to Everton...

watched both the West Brom and Cardiff games , both you seemed lack a cutting edge.

He has a good philosophy on how to play. Not sure he will be able to mould the current team to fit that bill. Given time and some money he will make you good to watch.

He is young, very strong and teams wont place 10 men behind the ball against you like they do for us. So will be a success , no reason to think he wouldn't score a similar amount again.

Crosses from Baines

8th

2-0 Chelsea

After the success of great answers given last year and even a few signing up to our forum to continue the debate further, I hope I can ask some questions again on yourselves, Everton and the upcoming game.

So...

7/10 so far its going take time for us to hit top gear with a new manager and a young squad, but as long as we are picking the points im happy.

2. Is absolutely everyone delighted with Mourinho making his return? Have you noticed any changes in his management?

delighted he's back but I do think we need to be patient as the team is still in transition, and the league harder now than in his previous term

il be happy if were still in the title race in april. We've let the manc duo have it all their own way recently. Respectable performances in all cups, no going out to trams we should be beating.

I think its likely both will play at some point, as neither are on international duty and will be fresh.

I think they'll oscar has been the most consistant, although ivanovic, terry, and cahill have looked solid.

top 3, within 6 points from whoever wins it.

hazard if he's fit, but we have 5 or 6 potential match winners. Application will be the key, as it always is against everton.

On to Everton...

All the highlights so far. Think you lack punch in attack but lukaku will no doubt fix that. Ross Barkley looks impressive.

I think he'll do well and you will play good football but leak in more goals than you did under moyes.

10. We've recently accuired Romelu Lukaku, so what can you tell us about his game (apart from the obvious 17 goals for West Brom and being a monster)??

He has a work ethic and personality the fans will love, his touch and decision making can be off at times, but the goals will more than make up for it.

Ross Barkley, I saw the game away at arsenal last season and he was the best player on the pitch. He pooks like he's going to step under martinez, and for me he's englands most exciting prospect.

Hope you finish ahead of Liverpool but I think you'll finish 7th, one place behind the red half!

I have feeling it will be more open than recent history suggests, 3-1 to us, hazard, lampard, ivanovic. barkley.

So...

Played well considering the players are still gelling, nothing outstanding but effective nonetheless. 

Too early to say for certain at the moment but it looks like he's still the same in the games we've played so far.

Top 3 and strong showing in the cups as usual, anything else is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

I would expect Mata to start or at the very least feature, not sure about Eto'o.

Oscar has been superb and Cahill has really stone as a result of Jose's tactics.

Same as last season, 3rd.

Hazard.

On to Everton...

You've done pretty well in my view, already playing better than you have under Moyes. You've just been quite unfortunate with ref decisions and of course the missing of easy chances. Defence looks pretty solid from what I've seen, midfield now that Barkley has finally been given a run is looking better. How Moyes picked Neville and Naismith over him is just baffling. 

You just need better strikers really, Kone hasn't looked all that great from what I've seen and Jelavic seems to still be suffering from his time under Moyes. Still early days and all, let's hope Lukaku helps you with that.

I don't think he can do any less than Moyes so in that regard he will be a success. He's a very good manager tactically and if the players buy into him then there's no doubt you will become a much better team for it.

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. I think people overlook just how good his movement is though, that combined with his rapid pace makes him a real handful.

Barkley I reckon, his passes and retention of the ball could cause us problems depending on who our two CDM's are.

Somewhere between 7th and 8th I reckon.

I think we will win 3-0.

Good start, building stability from the back.

I couldn't be happier. Same as before, emphasising defense.

Just to compete

Not sure.

Cech, pleased with Oscar too.

Top 3

Oscar

On to Everton...

Not seen enough to say

He'll do alright if given support and cash. Better than some think.

Not played much for us. Saw his penalty !

Jelavic?

Sadly, below Liverpool

Won't tempt fate

Its been good, a few scary moments but overall its been solid specially our defence.

After the super cup I have no real worries at all about the team, we are ready to take back the crown and got a group of young lads ready to go for it.

Only position we could really strengthen would be the striker position but we haven't seen Eto'o play yet and I reckon he's going to have a cracking season with us.

Don't know about everyone but I couldn't be happier he is the special one after all and you can just tell he loves the club and has a way with players. Might not always been the most attacking football at times but we defiantly wont be losing many games with him back in charge.

With the squad that we have we are going to be changeling on all fronts and we will pick up a trophy or two by the end of the season :)

I would hope so, Just seen Mata's interview with chelseatv and he seems happy and upbeat. He said he's fit and ready to go and mostly just working on fitness so you might be in for a show from him as I'm sure he's gong to have something to prove and Eto'o I don't know hasn't really been with us that long and has gone away on internationals so hasn't really had a chance to train with us long if he does It will be from the bench.

Cech, Terry, Hazard, Oscar, Schrulle. Could probably name most of the team to be honest they have all done very well so far and still better to come I'm sure

I hate to sound cocky but i really do think we have the team to do it and with Jose back I've got really confidence. Only thing that worries me a bit is City because they have quite a team so will have to watch them closely but if they lose to any more newly promoted teams like that it could be over before it even started for them.

7 . Who will be the biggest threat to the Everton side on Saturday (apart from lampard)?

haha Lampard without a doubt but Hazzard being the main one and Mata if he plays.

On to Everton...

Not really just Match of the day.

Yea I like him but I don't really see him improving the club any more than it is though can see him just taking off from where Moyes left and just carrying on in the same way.

10. We've recently acquired Romelu Lukaku, so what can you tell us about his game (apart from the obvious 17 goals for West Brom and being a monster)??

He's good and he's so nearly the finished product he is going to score some goals with you this season I'm sure. He so badly wants to be in the first team for Cheslea so can see him really going for it this season and with a better team behind him he's going to do well

I reckon with have you covered so none? lol

6th - 10th place some where round there.

I'm going for it 3-0 Chelsea, Hazard, Lampard, Torres (and know Torres right but reckon he might have a little boost after the super cup performance he generally was pretty good and if he keeps that he will have a good season but i always hold out hope for Torres and he never quite delivers game in game out lol)

1. Even though we've only had 3 Premier League games, how well do you think you have played this season? Not great, we are still trying to get fit and gel as a team.

2. Is absolutely everyone delighted with Mourinho making his return? Have you noticed any changes in his management? Yes i think that pretty much everyone is happy he has returned. I thought he was very different pre season but now the season has started its like the old Jose we all knew and loved.

3. What are you expecting out of the season? A title challenge? A long champions league run? Both? The title for sure, The Champions league is a lottery, I never believe we will win it for sure but we have as good of a chance as any.

4. Are we likely to see Mata or Eto'o in the game at Goodison? Yes i think Mata will start and Eto'o will play some part.

5. Has there been a stand out performer in the 3 Premier League games so far? Gary Cahill for sure. He has done very well so far.

6. Where do you think you will finish this season? 1st.

7. Who will be the biggest threat to the Everton side on Saturday (apart from lampard)? Juan Mata, he will have a point to prove.

On to Everton...

8. Have you seen much of our season? How do you think we have done? I havent no.

9. What do you make of our fairly new manager Roberto Martinez? Do you think he'll have success at Everton? I think he is over rated. No i dont think he will be a success at Everton.

10. We've recently accuired Romelu Lukaku, so what can you tell us about his game (apart from the obvious 17 goals for West Brom and being a monster)?? He is still quite raw, he needs to play games to work on his game. However as we all saw last season he can bang in a few goals if given the chance.

11. Who will be the biggest threat to your Chelsea side come next Saturday? Im not sure to be honest. There isnt really anyone i fear in the Everton team now.

11. Where do you think we'll finish this season? Bottom half. A short number of points above the 3 teams going down.

12. Finally, predictions? Chelsea win 3-0

1. Even though we've only had 3 Premier League games, how well do you think you have played this season? : I think that Jose's main focus was to get our wobbly defence from the past few season's back to peak performance again, and on a percentage id say we are 75% of the way there. So on that i would have to say that im quite happy with us so far and i know there will only be better to come.

2. Is absolutely everyone delighted with Mourinho making his return? Have you noticed any changes in his management? Prior to reading a few things here in the Forum last week i would have said for sure that EVERYONE and their dog " SPOT " was extremely delighted that Jose was back here, sadly that does not seem to be the case although im sure that come May there will only be the occasional few that still think that way. As for his management i dont think its possible for him to change the way he does it, purely because its his passion for the game that allows him to manage the way he does Eat-Sleep-Breath etc etc.

3. What are you expecting out of the season? A title challenge? A long champions league run? Both? A title challenge is something that each and every Chelsea supporter takes for granted these days, although with a few other teams upping their game i do think its going to be alot closer this year. As for a long Champions League run i dont think saying the Semi Finals would be being over confident, i dont think we will win it this year though.

4. Are we likely to see Mata or Eto'o in the game at Goodison? Eto'o YES as for Juan im not so sure as to what Jose's plans are for him regarding starting games for us.

5. Has there been a stand out performer in the 3 Premier League games so far? I wouldnt say so. In my opinion its far too early to start picking certain people out and saying they have been doing well. Lets not forget that up until a few years ago the League Table was not even wrote up until after all teams had played 3 games.

6. Where do you think you will finish this season? Top - Numero Uno.

7. Who will be the biggest threat to the Everton side on Saturday (apart from lampard)? Hazard its always got to be Hazard, i think the kid is amazing and his best is still to come.

On to Everton...

8. Have you seen much of our season? How do you think we have done? Honestly i have not seen much of any other teams this season. So i cant answer the latter part of the question.

9. What do you make of our fairly new manager Roberto Martinez? Do you think he'll have success at Everton? Im not so sure about him as a manager, ok he Won the FA Cup which is always nice to win no matter what team you are, but to be relegated in the same season and then go to a new team and take 4 of the players there with you plus lose Fellani does not seem like good management skills to be honest. I dont think he will be the manager to bring success back to the Blue side of town so id have to answer No to him having success at Everton. I do wish him luck as i have no issues with Everton at all.

10. We've recently accuired Romelu Lukaku, so what can you tell us about his game (apart from the obvious 17 goals for West Brom and being a monster)?? You lot must be REALLY happy with that signing i think it was one of the biggest shocks of the transfer deadline day and if Ozil didnt go to Le Arse then i think it would have been THE BIGGEST News of the day. I think his form last season speaks for itself and we was silly to let him spend another season at another club. I think he will be a success where ever he goes though so good luck with him.

11. Who will be the biggest threat to your Chelsea side come next Saturday? Steven Pienaar ALWAYS does well against us and seems to be a constant danger everytime we play against him, if hes in the squad then id say him. I also really like the young kid Barclay " i think its spelt like that " And as we all know Everton have never been shy to throw a youngster in at the deep end and let him learn his trade by getting minutes on the pitch. One to watch for the future of England and Everton if they manage to hold onto him for too much longer.

11. Where do you think we'll finish this season? Mid table is the best you can hope for i think.

12. Finally, predictions? Chelsea 3 - Everton 1

Good luck on the season ahead.

A very encouraging start thus far, signs of things to come early on with an aesthetically pleasing first half performance against Hull and a cohesive display away at Old Trafford. We're yet to see Jose really get to grips with the squad and we've still got new signings to integrate so we're a month or so away from really getting going.

Is the Pope Catholic? Does twelve minus five equal seven? Are the Australians absolutely rotten at playing cricket? Silly question! As for changes, aside from being somewhat mellower we've got our old Jose back.

There is a fine line between expectation and hope, and every football fan should know not to expect anything other than one hundred percent effort from every single player on the pitch in any given match. That said, I hope to see us challenging for the league and having a good run in one of the domestic cups. Manchester City cannot be underestimated and Manchester United may well surprise a few people but I believe that we are well placed to push them right to the end of the season. Europe is always tough to predict, when we were tearing teams apart on the home front under Ancelotti we were unceremoniously dumped out and when we were struggling under Villas-Boas we went on to win the bloody thing, so it sort of defies logic. If our performance against the defending champions is anything to go by we should do well, but luck always plays a huge part,

I expect Mata to start, he has a free international break to work on his fitness and no doubt have some one on one time with Jose. Torres will probably start but expect to see Eto'o get a run in the second half.

Oscar has been superb thus far, our creative force through the middle of the pitch and capable of dropping deeper to influence our build-up play. Hazard also deserves a mention, his work rate is fantastic and he looks set to terrorize fullbacks up and down the country.

Head says top two, heart says first.

Juan Mata, if he starts. He has a point to prove and will no doubt be chomping at the bit to put in a good performance.

On to Everton...

I haven't I'm afraid. Next question!

Although I rate him and think he's a great character I'm not too sure if he'll have success at Everton, he's the polar opposite of Moyes so it's hard to judge whether or not his methods will spur you on to greater things.

Unfortunately I've not seen enough of him in a Chelsea shirt to tell you anything other than the obvious. This is a huge season for him I feel, Steve Clarke utilised him quite sparingly and got great results but I expect Martinez to build your team around him so he'll have a lot more responsibility to shoulder. Eyebrows were raised by a fair few of our fans when the move was announced, whether or not Jose intended to keep him but couldn't after failing to shift Demba Ba can only be guessed at. Make sure you look after him!

Leighton Baines against Branislav Ivanovic will be a key battle down the right (or the left, from your perspective). Ross Barkley also looks a good prospect.

10th - 14th.

0-3 (Torres 25, Hazard 39, Eto'o 88)

So...

An ok start, i thought we should have pounded Hull in the first game and we made hard work of the games against Villa and United

Delighted, as expected, though he does seem a little more introverted compared to his first coming to stamford bridge. 

I expect to win the title this season, but runner up wouldn't be an awful result. I just can't see who we'd end up conceding it to, both city and united look mediocre. I'd expect to get to the CL semi final, but given how young our squad is, I think the pressure on them might just get to them and prevent us reaching the final

I think mata will start on the right side, have no idea whether Eto'o or torres will start though. I'd like to see Eto'o, just to know what we have in him

Oscar has been our best player so far in my opinion, he looks so much better in the centre than out on the wing

Honestly, I think we'll be champions

Definitely Oscar and Hazard, those quick interchanges between them make them so elusive for your defenders to deal with

On to Everton...

I've seen bits and pieces, and I think your team looks to be shaping up nicely. A few bumps as would be expected when a manager who has been there so long departs

I like him, solid manager, he'll be good for your team

He's incredibly fast for his size, decent at holding up play and looks like he'll become a world class player if he's managed properly

Baines always worries me, he's great at recycling possession to get an attack started for you. Also mirallas, I think he's a very good player

I can see 7th being a realistic place for you, just behind arsenal, spurs and liverpool

Maybe i'm biased, but i think our attack is just too strong for your defense to handle, i'm going for 3-1 to us

So...

Not too bad. 7 points out of a possible 9 should be considered an excellent start, especially since one of them was United at Old Trafford. I'm feeling fairly optimistic at the moment. Wish we had signed a world class striker but what' s done is done now.

I imagine we all are. Anyone who has negative things to say about Mourinho can't be a true Chelsea supporter. I think he is certainly more knowledgeable than he was back in his first stint. Despite the fact he won us two premier leagues, you learn more as you go along, and he's returned to us with even more experience on his belt and it shows. I'm loving having him back.

I'd love us to win the Premier League but we're going to find it difficult because we don't have a world class forward in the side. Had we signed Rooney, Cavani or Falcao I'd say no one else stood a chance but as it is, we may find ourselves fighting hard to finish first but it's early days, and we have a decent team. I would love us to win the CL again but one step at a time, I suppose. A good run would suit me.

I imagine Mata will play. Not sure about Eto'o. I heard he's injured.

Torres hasn't played too badly. The stand outs for me though have been Hazard and Oscar.

I'm still unsure about that one. Either first or second.

I imagine Eden Hazard. Torres if he plays, he has a good record against Everton.

On to Everton...

Fantastic you managed to hold onto Leighton Baines. Martinez is a pretty good manager, he'll ensure you finish in the top ten. 3 points out of 9 isn't a great start, but defensively you're looking fairly solid. If you can just work out how to find the net you should push on from there.

Yes, I do. Maybe not in his first season but I think he will be the one to end Everton's trophy drought. Have a little faith in him.

I won't lie, I'm gutted we loaned him out. I failed to see why we made that decision at all, the lad's a cracking little player. You've got yourself a good one there. He'll get you at least 15 goals this season.

I think possibly Osman and Baines, to be honest. Both of those players are great for you. Osman has a lot of creativity and Baines can score goals.

I'd say 9th.

2-1 Chelsea.

So...

Not great, but we haven't lost yet, whilst United, Tottenham, Arsenal, City all have, so thats a positive for me

From his time at Real Madrid, he isn't afraid to make unpopular moves (such as dropping Casillas), and also from the start of the season, playing Schurrle against United was a bold move which didn't pay off, but its a risk, and he was willing to take it. Oh, and I am over the moon to have him back, no more waiter.

Title challenge, quarters at least of champions league, hopefully an FA Cup run

Hopefully, hope to see Willian play aswell

Cahill and Terry for me

2nd, still think City will beat us to it if Nastasic and Kompany are fit

Torres ;), though probably Hazard if he plays

On to Everton...

Not seen that much but from what I have seen, impressed with Barkley, Coleman and Distin, decent start though

Good move, feel he will be better than Moyes in the long run, I do like the way he sets his teams up to play, and FA or COC are definitely doable under him, maybe Europa

Don't feel he is ready to play for us yet, will get valuable game time at a much better standard of club than Everton, will hopefully work out for both of us

Mirallas or Barkley, don't see Jelavic or Kone as much of a threat

7th :)

3-0 to us

Thanks for the answer chaps, and thanks for a couple of you to pop over to the forum and say hello.

A few of ours moaning that you lot are over confident, BUT i think you have every right to be.

As a I said on our site, you have attacking options in abundance and the Mourinho factor will put you on a high.  We may cause an upset, depends on which of our team turns up.  We have a couple of game changing players.  We just don't have a striker that can score at the moment (Until Lukaku comes in).

Here is a link to a story i've just done on our news site: http://myevertonnews.com/who-is-the-better-team-everton-v-chelsea/

Here is a link directly to the forum thread: http://www.theevertonforum.co.uk/everton-forum/8294-talking-opposition-chelsea.html

Here is a link to the complete article on the news site: http://myevertonnews.com/talking-to-the-opposition-chelsea-fans-2/

Cheers

Snoop

To be honest Snoop you were a two man team and now one of those has joined United. The only way i can see your lot getting any points out of the game is if you park the bus and defend for your lives.

Playing Everton under Moyes was always a hard game but i just dont see it that way now he has left. I think your new manager is massively over rated and you will be beaten. I do hope you enjoy the game though!

To be honest Snoop you were a two man team and now one of those has joined United. The only way i can see your lot getting any points out of the game is if you park the bus and defend for your lives.

Playing Everton under Moyes was always a hard game but i just dont see it that way now he has left. I think your new manager is massively over rated and you will be beaten. I do hope you enjoy the game though!

I think we had 2 stand out players.  I don't think we are a 2 man team.

We do have attacking threats for the first time in a long time.  Mirallas, Deulofeu and Barkley can all change the game.  We don't have loads of big names, but we do have an abundance of players that fit well within a system.

Whether that is the Martinez system is another story though.

Archived