Chelsea v Fulham (PL) 21/09/13 KO 17:30 BST

MANoWAR

Wanted to make the topic xD. Hopefully we'll win this! Fulham haven't been looking great and they've never won against us at home. But that could mean little... 

People went into a meltdown after we lost to Everton, 10x worse when we lost to Basel -- what would people's reactions be if we lost this game? I've remained calm for those two games but if we lost here I really would be stunned (shouldn't happen though!) 

2 games ago we'd had an almost perfect start to the season.

One narrow, unfortunate defeat against an impressive Everton and then tonight and all of a sudden this season is turning into a disaster.

A routine win over Fulham will shut everyone up.

Not for me, losing to Everton happens and the league is a long road to glory. We can still achieve a lot in it, but we need results big time in the CL now and unless we are 20 points clear in the league getting knocked out of the CL group again will allow the harping on to carry on for a while.

Doubt Bertrand and Azpi will start as we play Swindon in league cup mid week which will be his chance to play likes of those and MVG again. Like to see Essien start and KDB ahead of Willian

This is the side effect of Ivan playing all our games so far, the Swindon game would have been the perfect opportunity to see where we stand with Kalas. It shouldn't serve as a run out for Dave who we already know is more than good enough to be in the starting XI. 

cech

Azpilicueta luiz terry Bertrand

mikel ramires

oscar mata hazard

Eto'o.

we need to get the midfield back to playing with cohesion. Id actually start these 5 midfielders in the next 4/5 games excluding league cup. Introduce de bruyne, willian, and schurrle with sub appearances, then when confidence is back we can start giving them starts.

At the moment no one is taking responsibility on the field bar oscar, and I think jose has put too much faith in hazard, and he is struggling with the pressure. Our best player us mata, and once he is firing hazard will to, and we will start playing some good football.

Too much tinkering, and not enough of a hierarchy has let most of the players become passengers.

This is a must win if there ever was one. Winning is a habit and we are not in that mood. JM knows pressure and he is under more pressure than he needs. We've lost 3 games in a row now.

I hope we give Mata and KDB a chance to start. Can't believe how Mata looks like the shadow of himself after just s few short months. We can't afford to not let our best player to be our best player if you know what I mean. Jose fix this.

We are a bit of fluidity away from winning games but losing really doesn't help finding a relaxed mood to win with superior skill. We don't win anything with brute force as we don't have any.

Cech

Azpilicueta

Cahill

Terry

Bertrand - Cole needs a rest

Mikel / Luiz

Oscar

De Bruyne

Mata

Schurlle

Eto'o

I have lost faith in David Luiz as a defender, i can't stand his style. He never contains, he is always rushing into a tackle and leaves gaps far too often when he charges forward. For me he isn't a CB, simple as that.

Cole needs a rest, and Azpilicueta is a better RB than Ivanovic. So Cole out for Bertrand and Azpilicueta in for Ivanovic.

I bet we don't see any of this though.

Good analysis from elsewhere 

--------------------Cech------------------
Ivanovic----Cahill----Terry----Bertrand 
---------Lampard----Ramires----------
KDB------------Mata------------Schurrle
-------------------Torres-----------------

Would ideally prefer Hazard to start over Schurrle (and wouldn't mind Oscar over Mata) but his most recent 2 performances don't warrant a start tbf, so I think he should be on the bench alongside Eto'o, Oscar, Mikel and Luiz. Would quite like to see Bertrand or Azpilicueta start too as they're both good going forward but I doubt we'll see that just yet. I think Torres should start over Eto'o as he has more experience playing with the team, although I would like to see Eto'o become first choice eventually, I think once he sharpens up and gets used to the team/league he'll be our best striker (who isn't out on loan anyway rolleyes.gif), would be good for him to perhaps play 30 minutes though, but not alongside Torres, I don't really see the benefit of bringing on another striker when we need a goal, in both games where we've done this I think KDB would have been a much more effective sub; Torres was completely anonymous against Everton and I don't see the point in playing a striker out of position when we have so many AM options. Lampard and Ramires is our most tested midfield partnership this season so I'd be inclined to stick with them for the time being, we can start to experiment more when we actually start playing well as a team. 

Here's the team I expect Jose to field against Fulham:-

Cech

Ivanovic         Luiz            Terry             Cole

Ramires       Mikel

Mata                     Oscar                   Hazard

Eto'o       

mata oscar hazard ramires and torres were a very effective combo last season. It would be natural to go back to them again probably with Mikel.

Willian, Schurle and De Bruyne have not provided any net benefit so far, that's no criticism of them its just that Mata Oscar and Hazard are pretty good. Over a season having depth will pay but not now. We can't win the league or the champions leage right now but we can lose it. So this is the time to get a result in the league and stay in touch. We are level with the Mancheseter clubs and 2 points behind Spurs, so that's ok. Lets keep it that way.

To be frank I expected Jose to tighten up the defence, more specifically to allow less goals, but recently despite the defensive counter attacking style he hasn't achieved it. If you were a critic you would say the attacking midfielders are doing more defensive work but they are not doing it effectively and yet its negatively impacting their attacking creativity.

Certainly it would be nice to get three points. 3 months ago I had plans to be at the game. As it is it will only be the TV. Hope the boys do well.

Good analysis from elsewhere 

--------------------Cech------------------

Ivanovic----Cahill----Terry----Bertrand 

---------Lampard----Ramires----------

KDB------------Mata------------Schurrle

-------------------Torres-----------------

Would ideally prefer Hazard to start over Schurrle (and wouldn't mind Oscar over Mata) but his most recent 2 performances don't warrant a start tbf, so I think he should be on the bench alongside Eto'o, Oscar, Mikel and Luiz. Would quite like to see Bertrand or Azpilicueta start too as they're both good going forward but I doubt we'll see that just yet. I think Torres should start over Eto'o as he has more experience playing with the team, although I would like to see Eto'o become first choice eventually, I think once he sharpens up and gets used to the team/league he'll be our best striker (who isn't out on loan anyway rolleyes.gif), would be good for him to perhaps play 30 minutes though, but not alongside Torres, I don't really see the benefit of bringing on another striker when we need a goal, in both games where we've done this I think KDB would have been a much more effective sub; Torres was completely anonymous against Everton and I don't see the point in playing a striker out of position when we have so many AM options. Lampard and Ramires is our most tested midfield partnership this season so I'd be inclined to stick with them for the time being, we can start to experiment more when we actually start playing well as a team. 

good lineup, however i would replace lampard with Mikel. I'm not mikels biggest fan but of the two he seems to be the one in form imo.If Frank gets the nod then you have to ask what's going on regardless of how he plays.So much for wrapping him in cotton wool.

good lineup, however i would replace lampard with Mikel. I'm not mikels biggest fan but of the two he seems to be the one in form imo.If Frank gets the nod then you have to ask what's going on regardless of how he plays.So much for wrapping him in cotton wool.

Lampard is my favourite player of all time but we really need to start using him differently. I want Lamprd to be playing at his best and the only way we are going to see that is if he is used properly, we have all seen for the past 2 years now how ineffective he becomes when he is played in nearly every game.

We need to do what is best for the team, Lampard is not in his 20's anymore, he is 35, and after playing 2 or more games in a row, his age shows.

Archived