Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charles Ryder

Football Manager 2014

Are there any FM tragics around? Feel free to share your tales of triumph and heartache in this years version of the greatest spreadsheet known to man.

Despite promising myself not to get it I couldn't resist, I decided to start with a Chelsea save to get a feel for the game. Cardiff at the Bridge first up, not exactly the trickiest of starts!

iKZphPKilP2ep.PNG

Gary Cahill is God, apparently.

We've been handed a tricky start to the season fixture-wise, big matches against United and Arsenal on the horizon.

iSvSehEH9UJbZ.PNG

Probably won't be getting it this year, it really does make entire days disappear.

Days, weeks, months...

I wont be getting it. I doubt it is much different from last years game.

I was telling myself that for months; still caved in the end, alas.

The game seems a lot tougher than 13 for me, I've already managed to get myself knocked out of a Champions League group that contained CSKA, Leverkeusen and APOEL! :blush2:

Sitting on top of the league right now with a record of 11 - 0 - 3

Not many jaw dropping performances but my defence is solid. Signed Leighton Baines for £24M. 

Playing a 4-2-3-1 deep. Having trouble getting the most out of Hazard but Mata / Ramires and Baines are playing really well. 

The price of FM usually plummets around crimbo so will pick it up then.

Not impressed with how little they've improved the game this year though. Nothing revolutionary anyway.

Leighton Baines Wash your mouth out!!

With a crossing ability of 18 and a free kick rating of 17, he's a f**king beast. Scored 5 free kicks already this season. 

Anyone else witnessed the constant Essien Rockets from the edge of the area, that always seem to go wide?

Sold him and bought in Fernando for 3M. Foocking bargain m8!

Can't shift Torres though. No one even wants him on a free!

Now in the Final of the Capital One Cup after a belting game in the second leg at Man City. Schurlle is incredible on this game. 11 goals for me now.

Playing Le Arse in the Final. Will let you know how it turns out. 

Now in the Final of the Capital One Cup after a belting game in the second leg at Man City. Schurlle is incredible on this game. 11 goals for me now.

Playing Le Arse in the Final. Will let you know how it turns out. 

Best of luck for the final. Schurlle has been rather average for me, although I haven't given him many opportunities in the first team.

I've just completed my first season, we ended up finishing third after a strong run from January onwards.

Newcastle had a fairy tale season and ended up finishing second. They also managed to win the FA Cup, beating Spurs in the final (unfortunately they mauled us in the semi 4-0 so we can't gloat about Spurs' shortcomings... yet).

We atoned for our Champions League exit by going on a good run in the Europa League and winning it,  beating Spurs in the final just days after they decided to sack Andre Villas-Boas for his failings in the league (gloat!). Result.

ifEBOdTTBaHSt.PNG

i0RnFqRCQVkPv.PNG

All in all a positive first season at the helm, though there's much improvement to be had. I secured a three-year contract extension so now have to push us on and start challenging for the big trophies. Thankfully Roman has handed me a 30 million pound budget for the season to come, which will be bolstered by Ramires' impending 20 million pound sale to Bayern and Victor Moses' 6.6 million pound move to Crystal Palace. If I can shift Marin, Willian and Romeu I'll have just shy of 80 million, though I haven't decided on how I'm going to spend it yet.

The big bright point for us on the transfer front was Facundo Ferreyra, after his move from Shakhtar in January he took the league by storm, scoring 15 goals in 16 appearances. He also notched up 5 in the Europa league and 2 in the FA Cup. Sami Khedira also proved to be a solid addition in midfield, he's a great defensive playmaker to anchor your team around.

On a final note, I've decided to let Samuel Eto'o go as his wages are far too high for a third-string striker. The man who will replace him? A certain Didier Drogba...

Best of luck for the final. Schurlle has been rather average for me, although I haven't given him many opportunities in the first team.

I've just completed my first season, we ended up finishing third after a strong run from January onwards.

Newcastle had a fairy tale season and ended up finishing second. They also managed to win the FA Cup, beating Spurs in the final (unfortunately they mauled us in the semi 4-0 so we can't gloat about Spurs' shortcomings... yet).

We atoned for our Champions League exit by going on a good run in the Europa League and winning it,  beating Spurs in the final just days after they decided to sack Andre Villas-Boas for his failings in the league (gloat!). Result.

ifEBOdTTBaHSt.PNG

i0RnFqRCQVkPv.PNG

All in all a positive first season at the helm, though there's much improvement to be had. I secured a three-year contract extension so now have to push us on and start challenging for the big trophies. Thankfully Roman has handed me a 30 million pound budget for the season to come, which will be bolstered by Ramires' impending 20 million pound sale to Bayern and Victor Moses' 6.6 million pound move to Crystal Palace. If I can shift Marin, Willian and Romeu I'll have just shy of 80 million, though I haven't decided on how I'm going to spend it yet.

The big bright point for us on the transfer front was Facundo Ferreyra, after his move from Shakhtar in January he took the league by storm, scoring 15 goals in 16 appearances. He also notched up 5 in the Europa league and 2 in the FA Cup. Sami Khedira also proved to be a solid addition in midfield, he's a great defensive playmaker to anchor your team around.

On a final note, I've decided to let Samuel Eto'o go as his wages are far too high for a third-string striker. The man who will replace him? A certain Didier Drogba...

What stats did Mata get (goals and assists) by the end of the season? How are you playing him and Hazard?

Also...

LOL LIVERPOOL  :Troll_Face:

Lol indeed, the game even singled them out as underachievers! :biggrin:

izKaYeuKzlIsi.PNG

Juan notched up 15 assists and 6 goals in the league, I can't get his stats for Europe or the cups as everything has now reset for the new season.

I'm using Juan as an advanced playmaker and Eden as an inside forward, here's my formation/strongest XI:

izK1C6XeXl6Pu.PNG