Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zeta

Fifa 14

People never pass on that mode. They all try and be Messi and fail relentlessly. 

I usually go on Pro Club matches when I'm drunk and score own goals. I've got some fantastic messages in my xbox live inbox  :laugh2:

Just got a ps4, loving it. Only thing that's annoying me is that EA has gotten rid of the tournament mode...wtf. That was my favourite bit of the game creating tournaments.

I play on the xbox 360, i'm currently about rank 3500 in the world for top 100 on seasons mode. On FIFA 13 I peaked at about rank 1050 (just couldn't crack the top 100 dammit).

Today I got bored and finally tried out the managerial career mode on FIFA, i'm more of a FM person myself but this wasn't bad.

Started with Chelsea and was pretty busy in my first pre-season (on top of the summer transfers we already made, although it didn't include the January transfers):

Out:

Mata - 33.5M - Bayern Munich

De Bruyne - 9M - Real Sociedad

Mikel - 3.1M - Bayer Leverkusen

Torres - 9m - Stoke (lol)

Ba - 8m - Napoli

Essien - 4.1m - PSG

Hutchinson - 400K - Birmingham

Blackman - Loan - Brentford

Chalobah - Loan - Blackburn

McEacheran - Loan - Milwall

In:

Sneijder (17M)

Pogba (12.5M)

Zouma (8M)

Shaw (2.9M)

Ward-Prose (2M)

Niang (3.5M)

Total Spending: 45.9M
Total Transfer Revenue: 66.7M

Net profit of just under 21M which isn't too bad, managed to shift some overpaid players off the wage bill and brought in some very promising young talent, Sneijder being the only signing over the age of 20.

Squad is probably of similar strength for this season with me keeping Lukaku in the squad (who scored a hattrick against Hull).

The 21M profit plus the 40M or so I had to begin with is being saved for next season for a top striker (unless I can get Lewy for free at end of contract) and a top CB to replace JT.

HELP!!

I've just got it and I just want to play a normal online game against some fat kid in Germany... No tournament or ultimate team or create a player or whatever. Also I'd like for it not to keep downloading the 'online team' as it re-sets my formation, team and gives me Mata back.

HELP! It was so easy on 12 & 13, hope I've not wasted money on buying 14 :( it'll be sold if those functions are no longer available.

Thank you! PS3 by the way..!

Total Spending: 45.9M

Total Transfer Revenue: 66.7M

Net profit of just under 21M which isn't too bad, managed to shift some overpaid players off the wage bill and brought in some very promising young talent, Sneijder being the only signing over the age of 20.

Squad is probably of similar strength for this season with me keeping Lukaku in the squad (who scored a hattrick against Hull).

The 21M profit plus the 40M or so I had to begin with is being saved for next season for a top striker (unless I can get Lewy for free at end of contract) and a top CB to replace JT.

Career mode with Chelsea is so easy, you don't even have to spend any money. Well, apart from the players the game loans out but doesn't bring back for some reason such as Piazon, PVA, Hazard, etc.

HELP!!

I've just got it and I just want to play a normal online game against some fat kid in Germany... No tournament or ultimate team or create a player or whatever. Also I'd like for it not to keep downloading the 'online team' as it re-sets my formation, team and gives me Mata back.

HELP! It was so easy on 12 & 13, hope I've not wasted money on buying 14 :( it'll be sold if those functions are no longer available.

Thank you! PS3 by the way..!

Seasons, which is just a normal head to head match is what you want. You can't stop the downloading updates, it's automatic and necessary in order to play online. You just have to keep adjusting your formation/team every week.

You're going to wish you didn't spend money on it regardless, such a frustrating game.

Career mode with Chelsea is so easy, you don't even have to spend any money. Well, apart from the players the game loans out but doesn't bring back for some reason such as Piazon, PVA, Hazard, etc.

Chelsea's loaning policy literally broke FIFA's system they were using, so we end up with loaned players not counting towards our team.  I usually have to go in and shift some youth players I will sell anyways to a random team so that I have room for guys I would like to have such as Piazon and Thorgan.

Chelsea's loaning policy literally broke FIFA's system they were using, so we end up with loaned players not counting towards our team.  I usually have to go in and shift some youth players I will sell anyways to a random team so that I have room for guys I would like to have such as Piazon and Thorgan.

It's been broken since Fifa 13, I remember having the do the same thing on there as well. I would have thought they had enough time to fix it for this version.

I bring every single one back apart from Astu and Moses, cancel all loans and keep the vast majority of the youth players even though they are rubbish and probably better off developing faster with an AI team. I sell the older players like Essien, Terry, Lampard and then a few that I know I will never use like Mikel, Torres and Ba.

I've gotten to 2016 on my save, Oscar was homesick, did everything I could do keep him cause he was my best player at 88 OVR but no luck. Had a £60m deal with City agreed, Board accepts a £33m deal with Bayern instead. If I actually used my transfer budget I probably would have been pissed. Thought about buying Sturridge back but Liverpool wanted £36m for him, would rather carry on using KDB (Realy, really good at striker for some reason) and Piazon upfront rather than paying that much for a player.

Seasons, which is just a normal head to head match is what you want. You can't stop the downloading updates, it's automatic and necessary in order to play online. You just have to keep adjusting your formation/team every week.

You're going to wish you didn't spend money on it regardless, such a frustrating game.

Thanks Remodez, much apprecaited. I bought it for £2.000 on eBay and I'll sell it again if I can't play how I want. I'll try it tonight. So flippin' annoying about the squads, does that mean I can't play Matic?! The squads haven't been updated yet, I assume they're going to be done pretty quick sharpish? Not that I'm expecting you to know... I apprecaite you're just passing the info on.

Can't believe you have to keep changing the team/formation, whats the point in doing it in team management in that case? Pffft. Piss off EA!!

Thanks Remodez, much apprecaited. I bought it for £2.000 on eBay and I'll sell it again if I can't play how I want. I'll try it tonight. So flippin' annoying about the squads, does that mean I can't play Matic?! The squads haven't been updated yet, I assume they're going to be done pretty quick sharpish? Not that I'm expecting you to know... I apprecaite you're just passing the info on.

Can't believe you have to keep changing the team/formation, whats the point in doing it in team management in that case? Pffft. Piss off EA!!

I think you might be looking at the wrong squad. The squads on seasons are constantly updated, Matic, Salah, no Mata. The squad where you go to create your own formations, tactics, etc have to be manually updated by selecting "download updates".

Sorry I may have got this wrong but to practise I'm just playing a simple game vs. the computer but it's downloading the 'online squad' every time and resetting my team and formation. Seriously regretting buying this, all this hassle and I just want to play a quick game.

...and despite changing my controls so R1 is sprint, my player won't sprint. Do the controls revert back too?

I'm clearly missing something, they can't have ruined the game this much.

I'm curious of people's thoughts about it this time around. The OP heading and through balls seem to get on my nerve even in division 3....

Yeah very infuriating. Especially over the top through ball. I try and play it like a game of football. But to many play it like a football simulator which is annoying.

What is your team like? Mine is purposely crap. Makes it a lot more fun.

Yeah very infuriating. Especially over the top through ball. I try and play it like a game of football. But to many play it like a football simulator which is annoying.

What is your team like? Mine is purposely crap. Makes it a lot more fun.

I use a BuLi team since coins are hard to come by of:

Adler

Piszceck, Boateng, Badstuber,Jansen

Martinez, L.Bender

Shaqiri, Kroos, Elia

Mandzukic

They get the job done for me. As a personal code of mine i only cross when im losing cause its too easy to in this FIFA especially.