Zouma - If Kurt's Happy, I'm Happy!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Frank's first mistake as our manager. Picking him rather than Tomori. Imo.

Easy to say that in hindsight. But had Frank started with Tomori, and he ended up making a mistake or 2, then everybody would have been screaming that he should have gone with the experience of Zouma.

40 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Easy to say that in hindsight. But had Frank started with Tomori, and he ended up making a mistake or 2, then everybody would have been screaming that he should have gone with the experience of Zouma.

Yes true.

Guest Sindre
2 hours ago, forbzy said:

I agree.

But i hope Tomori gets a chance against Liverpool now. Right now i think he's the better CB out of him and Zouma who's looked clumsy in pre-season and had a disaster-class yesterday.

10 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Obvious to everyone, except the man in charge that matters it seems ...

I think we lost £20-25 million off any future fee today.

I don’t think so. I feel he will be better with a more calming influence next to him; Rudiger, and playing on the right side of defence. He will get better as the season goes on.

Guest Sindre
3 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Friendly against Liverpool coming up Wednesday. Wouldn't mind Frank trying out the following:

Lampard will not take that game as a friendly and neither will Liverpool.

Beating Liverpool on wednesday would be a huge win for us.

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

Lampard will not take that game as a friendly and neither will Liverpool.

Beating Liverpool on wednesday would be a huge win for us.

glorified community shield that comes at a sh*t time for us when we have to try and get a good start in the premier league. Couldn't care less about it tbh.

7 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Friendly against Liverpool coming up Wednesday. Wouldn't mind Frank trying out the following:

Kepa

Zappa   Azpi  Christensen  Emerson

IMO this could be our strongest backline until Rudiger and Reece are back fit.

Azpi in a 3-man defence is a different kettle of fish to in a 2-man defence, and lets be honest Azpi has looked real dodgy for a while now.

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

glorified community shield that comes at a sh*t time for us when we have to try and get a good start in the premier league. Couldn't care less about it tbh.

Good thing you aren't in charge then. 

A win and a good performance there will provide some much needed confidence boost. 

Just now, ducavis said:

Azpi in a 3-man defence is a different kettle of fish to in a 2-man defence, and lets be honest Azpi has looked real dodgy for a while now.

One of the best 1v1 defenders we have. Liverpool aren't gonna be pumping balls up for Mane/Salah/Firmino to win either so don't need to worry about headers as much. 

Azpi has looked dodgy defending out wide, still got the attributes to play more centrally. Maldini was a full back who was just as good through the middle.

8 minutes ago, Zola said:

He looked nervous, he must be dying to stake a claim in the first team. Charged in like a bull in a china shop, but its only one game...lets chill.

He's got form for that though. It was one of those kamikaze charges that resulted in him wrecking his knee and being out for a year.

35 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Think people are being a bit harsh, yes he was bad but i think off the top of my head thats the first really bad game and mistakes he's made playing for us. I blame Pedro more than Zouma for the first goal, giving the ball away in such a dangerous position.

All Zouma had to do was stand up and not dive in, we had plenty of players getting back as cover, yes it was really slack from Pedro but Zouma should never have made it that easy.