Zouma - If Kurt's Happy, I'm Happy!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

What’s Rudi got to do with Zouma? :laugh2:

Tiny mistake :blush2: I totally remembered it being Zouma and posted without looking :laugh2: 

I deny getting old BTW :oldboy:

Still a good memory if we throw Rüdiger into the bargain, right?

Edited by Valerie

• 3 weeks later...

West Ham remain interested apparently and you have to wonder if Chalobah starting against Palace is a nudge to Zouma about his future at Chelsea? 

£25m asking price allegedly and the sale of a centre back is required before bidding for Kounde. 

7 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Rumours about Spurs want him.

I expect Roman would block such a move, as Levy did with Modric and Kane and Roman responded by blocking Ba going to them on loan.

If Spurs add £5m on to the price, and with a nod and wink, cough 'Modric' to see if they get the message. 

45 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

JT is on the case!

JT's insight gets a knock a bit further down when he is supposed to have said Grealish is on the same level as Hazard 🤢 When Eden was 7 perhaps...

Still, hopefully Zouma takes his advice 😀

Guest Sindre

Agreement with West Ham on the the price it seems.

Surely Zouma is going to want to go there? Realistically he's not going to play here and he'd do well at West Ham in my opinion.

West Ham have reportedly struck an agreement with Chelsea for Kurt Zouma after meeting their £26million asking price, but the defender's personal terms have stalled the deal.

Zouma wants a salary of about £125,000 per week, a significant increase on what he currently earns at Stamford Bridge, according to The Athletic. The deal would make the French defender West Ham's highest paid player.

https://theathletic.com/news/chelsea-west-ham-reach-agreement-for-zouma-but-move-held-up-by-personal-terms/cGShZEDEE8qG

If this is true I can't actually fault Kurt, considering he's won a prem and a champions league, £125k a week doesn't seem like he's asking for too much.

The question is would he be willing to make a compromise. To me it wouldn't make sense not going purely due to not coming to a wage agreement.

I'm wondering is he being stubborn because he doesn't want to leave or rather he feels he's earned a pay rise and should be paid what he believes is his worth. 

Either way we should get a conclusion soon.