Zouma - If Kurt's Happy, I'm Happy!

4 hours ago, Blue Exile said:

Not sure how he fits into this current team, he isn't made for a back three imo, agree with previous posts saying a loan move next season could be his best option.

That would mean loaning out a huge talent for as long as we keep using a back three. Hmmmm.... Let's give him more time to adapt to a system that is relatively new to him. 

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

That would mean loaning out a huge talent for as long as we keep using a back three. Hmmmm.... Let's give him more time to adapt to a system that is relatively new to him. 

It would selling him in the not too distant future.

Don't think its about him adapting to the system, more that I don't think he has the technical tools as a footballer for a back 3. 

For me he's an old school style defender, ball winner, strong, but not that refined. 

I would let Conte work on him and then decide if we want to keep him or sell him. I feel like once Zouma is back to his physical fitness, he should be adept at playing a 3 CB system once he learns his roles and responsibilities as well. As great as Caesar has been, he does not have height and that is one thing that a lot of teams have tried to take advantage of (Spurs , Utd). So I think the presence of Zouma as the R-CB and Caesar being moved to RWB will be an interesting system.

I think (and hope) Conte will use the coming pre-season to evaluate Zouma, you have to take into account that he has came back into the squad at a time when there will be very little team shape training being worked on, it will mostly be fitness and next match specific stuff, set piece duty etc. Zouma hasnt had anywhere near the same amount of time to train into the new formation and way of playing.

Edited by dkw
2 hours ago, brownindian said:

I would let Conte work on him and then decide if we want to keep him or sell him. I feel like once Zouma is back to his physical fitness, he should be adept at playing a 3 CB system once he learns his roles and responsibilities as well. As great as Caesar has been, he does not have height and that is one thing that a lot of teams have tried to take advantage of (Spurs , Utd). So I think the presence of Zouma as the R-CB and Caesar being moved to RWB will be an interesting system.

Carvalho didn't have 'the height' either. Also technically WB in this system is midfield, and why Azpi's technically good for a defender, he isn't for a midfielder. 

Edited by Argo

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

So what about this lad, does Conte have plans for him or it seems like he got no place in this formation?

I personally believe we have to loan him, follow his game and if he returns to his best then it only will do good for us. He still need time to prove himself for Conte, I like him very much and will be disappointed to lose him.

1 hour ago, IliyaKrostin said:

So what about this lad, does Conte have plans for him or it seems like he got no place in this formation?

I personally believe we have to loan him, follow his game and if he returns to his best then it only will do good for us. He still need time to prove himself for Conte, I like him very much and will be disappointed to lose him.

Think he is meant to be going to Ligue 1 on loan along with Batshuyi & Traore. Don't understand the appeal of loaning them there.

Has 2yrs left on his contract, so unless he signs a new one I reckon we will be selling him.

• 1 month later...

It looks like Zouma will be heading out of Chelsea this season on loan as he's no longer qualifies for HG...there was some talk about returning to the French league and then some talk about going to Crystal Palace but that's happening as RLC is going there on loan now, so where's good for big Kurt...West Ham to work with Bilic? Or WBA to learn off Pulis? What's your thoughts? 

1 hour ago, doctorblue said:

It looks like Zouma will be heading out of Chelsea this season on loan as he's no longer qualifies for HG...there was some talk about returning to the French league and then some talk about going to Crystal Palace but that's happening as RLC is going there on loan now, so where's good for big Kurt...West Ham to work with Bilic? Or WBA to learn off Pulis? What's your thoughts? 

Stoke could be another place for him they played MvG a decent amount when he was there plus he is a massive upgrade on Shawcross so is guaranteed games.

Really hope he works out here, if it wasn't for his injury at the Utd game I'm pretty certain he would be the one of the first names on our team sheet by now. He was growing into becoming one of our best defenders, such bad luck with injury. Now he looks like a different player, fingers crossed he can get back to how he was.

Edited by dansubrosa

If he goes out on loan we would be down to 4 centre backs, 5 including Azpiliucueta. I think that could be little light if we continue with 3 at the back. 

If he goes on loan, I hope it's to a club that plays out from the back so he can work on his weaknesses. 

I don't think stoke or wba would be good for him.