Zouma - If Kurt's Happy, I'm Happy!

On 8/7/2017 at 20:59, Strider6003 said:

I don't see it that way. Think we are now married to 3 cbs and that is not Kurt's strength, of course once Conte moves on we might change back to 4 at the back and that is when Kurt would come back, IMO.

Spot on, when Conte leaves, I'm hoping we will revert to a flat back 4 and Zouma will be there to fill the one of the central defender positions.

Edited by ronin
30 minutes ago, ronin said:

Spot on, when Conte leaves, I'm hoping we will revert to a flat back 4 and Zouma will be there to fill the one of the central defender positions.

I'm hoping Conte doesn't leave any time soon and builds a dynasty. Would rather we sold Zouma than lose Conte.

Edited by Nibs

Have to admit I prefer a back 4, though am impressed with Conte and happy to see how far he can take us.

I think playing with WBs in the system is difficult as they need to be so athletic as well as skilful and so those players are rare and command a high signing-on fee.

I also think the system restricts us attacking wise as we seem to lose a man in midfield, now a wise man in the Conte system might say that's because your WBs are not up to standard or you need 3 in midfield with two fast and fluid attackers, who knows.

I always think the system needs to suit your top players and most of your squad. This makes it interesting to see who he brings in this window.

7 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Have to admit I prefer a back 4, though am impressed with Conte and happy to see how far he can take us.

I think playing with WBs in the system is difficult as they need to be so athletic as well as skilful and so those players are rare and command a high signing-on fee.

I also think the system restricts us attacking wise as we seem to lose a man in midfield, now a wise man in the Conte system might say that's because your WBs are not up to standard or you need 3 in midfield with two fast and fluid attackers, who knows.

I always think the system needs to suit your top players and most of your squad. This makes it interesting to see who he brings in this window.

This is my big problem with the system.  We get absolutely run out in midfield over and over.  it's not a huge deal with the burnley's of the world, but against top sides we concede the center of the pitch basically and pray Kante can do enough to win the ball back.  

• 2 weeks later...

He was good today, but i still don't think he will ever be a regular for us again. He's playing for a side that suits his strengths, i don't think Chelsea suits him anymore. Under Mourinho we played to his strengths, Conte is looking for a different type of defender. Conte needs defenders that are good defensively and comfortable on the ball, that is why we got Rudiger. Zouma is awkward when asked to do a lot of passing out of defence, it's one of his weaknesses. I can't see how he will get back into this side.

21 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

He was good today, but i still don't think he will ever be a regular for us again. He's playing for a side that suits his strengths, i don't think Chelsea suits him anymore. Under Mourinho we played to his strengths, Conte is looking for a different type of defender. Conte needs defenders that are good defensively and comfortable on the ball, that is why we got Rudiger. Zouma is awkward when asked to do a lot of passing out of defence, it's one of his weaknesses. I can't see how he will get back into this side.

I know what you mean i feel this too when i watch him play however i watched this on youtube recently and it surprised me. Also Conte plays Cahill and i wouldn't say he was much better on the ball than Zouma so i still feel he will have a future.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Zeta said:

Wonder if next year we'll see Zouma - Christensen - Rudiger as the back 3

Leave Dave in there please - dude has 3 assists to Morata - should have 4 in if Morata finishes that open header in the spud match - gives CFC options in the future - I still love Kurt as a CFC player

With Dave's ability to cross a ball having increased significantly, I reckon he will be our RWB as of next season with Kurt returning to fight it out with David Luiz, Christensen and Rudiger. Also interesting that Stoke has used a back 3 this season and Kurt has been fantastic. 

He's looked immense - I hands down think Chelsea have two of best CB prospects in the world with Kurt and Christensen.

I also think Kurt can work perfectly in a 3 he's better on the ball than he looks and his Athleticisim allows him to maraude up and down.

When you look at opposition teams struggling to patch the CB with any sort of solidity (city, pool and arsenals situation is laughable) 

We've got Azpi, Luiz, Rudiger , Cahill , Christensen and Kurt to come back. It's quite a good place to be in (Cahill been the weak link )