Zouma - If Kurt's Happy, I'm Happy!

Qaz

I actually thought we sold this guy to Stoke.  

He was good prior injury, just like Van Ginkel was (Please don't tell me we still have him on the books as well), but you don't recover from those kind of injuries easily. He looks to have even lost some of his speed from what I saw at Stoke which was the only thing that saved him from his constant concentration lapses and bad positioning.

26 minutes ago, Remodez said:

I actually thought we sold this guy to Stoke.  

He was good prior injury, just like Van Ginkel was (Please don't tell me we still have him on the books as well), but you don't recover from those kind of injuries easily. He looks to have even lost some of his speed from what I saw at Stoke which was the only thing that saved him from his constant concentration lapses and bad positioning.

Errrm, I think we do still have Van Ginkel on the books.

12 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Errrm, I think we do still have Van Ginkel on the books.

We do, and there was talk of bringing him back this season and then he suffered another bad season-destroying injury - all fairly recently, about a month ago. 

41 minutes ago, Ilya said:

We do, and there was talk of bringing him back this season and then he suffered another bad season-destroying injury - all fairly recently, about a month ago. 

Don't think Van Ginkel got injured, he's undergone surgery on his knee that's going to keep him out for basically the whole season. 

I think it was a preventative operation, don't think he's ever properly recovered from his ACL injury in truth. 

As for Zouma, when I read about Everton loaning Ashley Williams to Stoke for the season I did wonder if they'd move for Zouma as replacement. I think a loan is a bit pointless, we've got Christensen and Ampadu on the books who are better than him and could potentially be at the club for the next 10 plus years. We should just cash in on Zouma and let him move on with his career, never going to be first choice at Chelsea.

51 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Man Utd and Everton are in for him according to L'equipe 

Not a loan hopefully. Only for a permanent transfer, Man Utd nor Everton have done us any favours.

Or as many have said swap for Martial.

I said Jose would get desperate and he is now.

Maguire is not for sale or unless Man Utd stump up around 80 mil, and Toby from Spurs is quoted at 60 mil.  

47 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I’d rather the club loaned him to Everton than sell to United and I’d rather we did deals with the devil than Everton after all the sh*t they’ve given us. 

Not me - so this morning on twitter I had to take abuse from some dirty blue scousers - why? cause we are negotiating a deal w/ them for Zouma? I am at the point of Fuck them!!! Sell Zouma a side back in France & let the dirty blue scousers cry to the Mayor about the deicision

4 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Unless Martial is involved United can f**k off. 

Zouma isn’t any better than their current defenders but they can still do one after we’ve sold them Mata and Matic in recent years. 

On the contary, with respect to Kurt this would demonstrate just how far they have fallen. It's easy to say they wouldn't do the same for us but i bet if we started sniffing around Darmain or Rojo they would listen, this is the equivalent.

Edited by Argo

10 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

How many centre backs do Man Utd need though? i dont get the desperation. Rojo,Jones,Smalling,Lindelof,Bailly i mean thats enough.

Apparently United are already looking to offload Lindelof, no idea what went on but despite spending £30m on him Jose's always been reluctant to play him. 

Jones they don't feel they can rely on because of his injury record. 

As for the rest, no idea. I think it's a sign of Jose's discontent there at the moment... He's looking around his team and he's just not happy with what he sees. 

Signing Zouma wouldn't improve their options, Rojo, Smalling and Bailly are all comfortably better players, so maybe Jose wants him because he knows from his time at Chelsea Zouma will play the way he is told without complaint and maybe a lot of his current squad are making noises about their playing style? 

6 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I disagree about Everton being a good place for Zouma, Marco Silva is shocking at organising defence, he’ll make Zouma look really bad.

I don’t want him to go to United either.

Really doesn't matter about a coach making Zouma look bad because he won't be coming back to Chelsea at any point in the future.

On 08/08/2018 at 10:10, ForeverCarefree said:

As for Zouma, when I read about Everton loaning Ashley Williams to Stoke for the season I did wonder if they'd move for Zouma as replacement. I think a loan is a bit pointless, we've got Christensen and Ampadu on the books who are better than him and could potentially be at the club for the next 10 plus years. We should just cash in on Zouma and let him move on with his career, never going to be first choice at Chelsea.

I dont know how long he has left on his contract but assuming its a few years then a loan to someone like Everton is a good move... Off the back of his last season at Stoke (which was a hopeless cause) his value will have gone down, we know he is a decent CB so a good season at somewhere like Everton and we can either see if he fits back in the squad or worst case his value increases and we get a better return... also gives him another season to show his knee is now working again.