Zouma - If Kurt's Happy, I'm Happy!

12 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Emerson gets the blame for the Tottenham goal but it was actually Zouma. 

The ball was at a height he could have cleared it but he just didn't jump and missed it. Shame as otherwise he had a good game. 

I think if you are nitpicking you can say Zouma is at fault but Tomori was marking Moura and Zouma was on Kane, Emerson shouldve been in tight on Lamela especially considering he had a clear view of the danger yet he was late.

image.thumb.png.0a89e5fdef0e04d081337b339e70e281.png

1 minute ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think if you are nitpicking you can say Zouma is at fault but Tomori was marking Moura and Zouma was on Kane, Emerson shouldve been in tight on Lamela especially considering he had a clear view of the danger yet he was late.

image.thumb.png.0a89e5fdef0e04d081337b339e70e281.png

Emerson should have tracked back 100%, but Zouma should have attacked the ball. He didn't. The ball was there to be cleared by him and he missed it. 

This is from the guy who says Zouma is our best CB. 

15 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Emerson should have tracked back 100%, but Zouma should have attacked the ball. He didn't. The ball was there to be cleared by him and he missed it. 

This is from the guy who says Zouma is our best CB. 

But it wasn't the fact that he was not marking anyone and missed the header, he was in tight on Kane and preventing him from getting up to get his head on it therefore unable to leap himself, It's clear Lamela was Emerson's man and majority of fault lies with Emerson and maybe Werner/Azpi who have allowed Reguillon ample time to pick a cross.

Like I said if you are nitpicking you can say Zouma is at fault but it wasn't his man who scored

1 minute ago, Imran_CFC said:

But it wasn't the fact that he was not marking anyone and missed the header, he was in tight on Kane and preventing him from getting up to get his head on it therefore unable to leap himself, It's clear Lamela was Emerson's man and majority of fault lies with Emerson and maybe Werner/Azpi who have allowed Reguillon ample time to pick a cross.

Like I said if you are nitpicking you can say Zouma is at fault but it wasn't his man who scored

I think this is based on my own expectations. 

I expect Emerson to not track back because I don't rate him, I can't possibly be annoyed at a player who I don't think is good enough to be in the chelsea team.

I don't expect Zouma to not clear a cross that is very clearable. So I blame Zouma. 

That ball doesn't go over JT's head regardless of how tight he is marking a player, he spots it and clears it. I imagine Zouma will reflect on that and think he made a mistake. As he should. As JT would himself. 

Not Zoumas fault in a million years , he’s doing his job making sure one of the best strikers in the division doesn’t get the ball.

i think Emerson is slow getting there but actually does get there and completely misses it. On as sub , he has no excuse for not getting back goal side sooner. 

12 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Emerson gets the blame for the Tottenham goal but it was actually Zouma. 

The ball was at a height he could have cleared it but he just didn't jump and missed it. Shame as otherwise he had a good game. 

A bit harsh I think. Emerson was not paying attention and should have cleared regardless.

For me the real blame lies in the cross being allowed in the first place. Werner wasn't tracking him because we later learned he was tired and cramping.

Ten minutes earlier we had made a like for like striker change when 1-0 up leaving a cramping striker on the wing to track one of Europes best young fullbacks. With Barkley and Havertz sitting on the bench! It's these little things that kill us.

Both of them were at fault. Zouma should be clearing it, the ball was right on him but he missed it completely. I don't think anybody can say others are being harsh on Zouma when it's something Zouma has had a problem with throughout his career.

Emerson is at fault because he should have been tracking Lamela's run.

Edited by Scott Harris

It actually goes back a lot further than either Zouma or Emerson being at fault ... look how slack we are in our positioning for the free kick ... Reguilon, who should be ear-marked as a danger man based on his electric pace, has so much space to get in behind the defence it is embarrassing ...  it is quite bizarre that Werner (of all people) is the nearest man to him when the actual cross comes in ...

image.thumb.png.c1276a437a1dfe9007dbc658abf0e7fc.png

5 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

It actually goes back a lot further than either Zouma or Emerson being at fault ... look how slack we are in our positioning for the free kick ... Reguilon, who should be ear-marked as a danger man based on his electric pace, has so much space to get in behind the defence it is embarrassing ...  it is quite bizarre that Werner (of all people) is the nearest man to him when the actual cross comes in ...

image.thumb.png.c1276a437a1dfe9007dbc658abf0e7fc.png

I think that setup is normal at a freekick that far out I think the issue the phase after where no one was within 2 metres of him following social distancing guidelines 

Zouma has now scored twice in 3 PL games and he is really stable in defense overall. 

I really like Zouma. After Jorginho was pushed off the ball around the opposition box Palace tried to quickly punish us, but no worries Zoum Zoum was there!

I think that this pic shows him jumping more than head&shoulders above his marker!

EjaTrNSXsAII8-K?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Gol15