Zouma - If Kurt's Happy, I'm Happy!

9 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Good in the air, but we really need to move him on I think. Maybe get Tomori back and bring him into the back 3, if we're sticking with that.

No way Milan dont sign Tomori. Lampard really did a terrible job with Tomori. If i didnt know better i would have thought he shagged his wife

35 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

If he wants a CB good on the ball, David Luiz has just become available for part 3!

He likes them to be able to defend well too, something Silva, Dave and Rudi do very well and andreas has gotten better at.

Personally I've always felt Zouma is better than most people give him credit for. Has pace, strength, is brave, absolutely superb in the air and I've always felt his long range passing is a useful weapon. He also looks a bit of a character in the dressing room and the other players seem to love him.

Must be hard coming in and out of the team and being moved all along the back three. But I'll readily admit he isn't a good fit for that left sided position.

3 hours ago, just said:

Personally I've always felt Zouma is better than most people give him credit for. Has pace, strength, is brave, absolutely superb in the air and I've always felt his long range passing is a useful weapon. He also looks a bit of a character in the dressing room and the other players seem to love him.

Must be hard coming in and out of the team and being moved all along the back three. But I'll readily admit he isn't a good fit for that left sided position.

He is just not good for a possession based offense . He will be a baller in a counter attack based team though just like Tammy.

4 hours ago, just said:

I find with Zouma, people will generally be on board with him until he has one poor/average game or even just make one mistake that looks bad and they say sell him.

For me he's definitely good enough to be part of the squad and doesn't seem to kick up a fuss about not playing.

Just now, sonic90 said:

I find with Zouma, people will generally be on board with him until he has one poor/average game or even just make one mistake that looks bad and they say sell him.

For me he's definitely good enough to be part of the squad and doesn't seem to kick up a fuss about not playing.

Totally agree.

I like Zouma for his passion, great last ditch tackles and his areial presence and the danger he provides from set pieces in opposition box.

But he gives me kittens every time he plays against a team that presses. I don't want to see him starting too many big games, but he is handy to come in for injuries and suspensions and if he's happy with that role he remains a good squad option.

I think Zouma is better than he looks. Just because he looks awkward and uncomfortable with the ball doesn’t mean that he is.

Don’t think he should be an automatic starter but definitely a good squad player and I’d hate to see him leave.

1 hour ago, goose said:

I think Zouma is better than he looks. Just because he looks awkward and uncomfortable with the ball doesn’t mean that he is.

Don’t think he should be an automatic starter but definitely a good squad player and I’d hate to see him leave.

I agree. I've always liked him, but felt he lacked the ball-playing quality to ever make it with us. I think he's improved greatly in that respect, while his general defending and especially his heading have also really developed in the past couple of seasons.

He's no JT or Thiago Silva, but I hope we hang on to him.

• 2 weeks later...