Zouma - If Kurt's Happy, I'm Happy!

Qaz

Well if Kurt's happy with the move i am as well, gonna miss his big smile. Its pretty much all you see in the Chelsea training videos.

30 million pounds for a back-up center back who doesnt fit our style of play is a pretty good return, well done Marina once again. West Ham are gonna be a bitch to defend on set pieces though😩

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

17 minutes ago, edewaarb said:

I’ll certainly miss zouma. He seems like a great guy and I wish him all the best! 

Indeed, really good signing for West ham. On the ball not what TT needs, bit a really good physical defender.

Sounding increasingly likely that he's joining West Ham. £25m seems a decent fee for a player now deemed surplus to requirements. 

Any transfer money we get is likely to allow us to sign Kounde and/or Saul Niguez so if it lets Tuchel sign the players he wants it can only be viewed as a positive thing. 

Apparently it is not a problem on Zoumas side at all, more between us and West ham, who are working hard to fix the problem as Zouma has agreed to go there and both he and Moyes really want the deal done:

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2021/8/25/22641761/something-has-gone-very-wrong-between-chelsea-and-west-ham-over-kurt-zouma-reports

Apparently a done deal with Zouma set to undergo his medical today. 

€30m seems low given how much Ben White and Guehi have cost this summer. 

Maybe doing them a bit of a favour with the price with us hoping they'll knock a few million quid off of Rice's asking price next summer. 

This is an absolute steal for Westham. Moyes is definitely trying make them compete for Europe regularly. It will be frightening defending against West ham set pieces with Zuma and Souchek . I honestly feel like his transfer fee is too low and Westham might even make a profit off him in 2 years but hey IF KURTS HAPPY I AM HAPPY. He has been a loyal servant for the club and second longest serving after Azpi and i guess Christensen 

8 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

This is an absolute steal for Westham. Moyes is definitely trying make them compete for Europe regularly. It will be frightening defending against West ham set pieces with Zuma and Souchek . I honestly feel like his transfer fee is too low and Westham might even make a profit off him in 2 years but hey IF KURTS HAPPY I AM HAPPY. He has been a loyal servant for the club and second longest serving after Azpi and i guess Christensen 

Agree. I'll miss him and might have to change my avatar. He's been a great servant and a lot of Chelsea fans underestimate his contribution in recent seasons. 

His tackle at Palace the season before last was one of the greatest in our history.

Just now, icecoolguy22 said:

He'd be perfect for a team like Westham, he's a great 1 on 1 defender, and able to score off set pieces. Imagine marking him and all the other giant players in the box, a nightmare for any defensive unit. He will probably out grown them in a couple of years, and end up at a bigger team. Nothing but respect to the man, came as a boy, won the big ones, and left a man.

I read somewhere that Marina was topping up his wages  just to get him out the door as WH were not going to pay what he wanted. Apparently his top up wages would be paid in two instalments....anyone have a confirmation on that?    I agree with some of the comments on here....West Ham could cause a few upsets for the big boys this season....but there again the Thursdays and Sunday's might take their toll as the season goes on.   

I like Kurt a lot, but his downfall for me was he was never moving the ball forward quick enough which stifled any attacking momentum.  Best of luck to him at West Ham...shame he'll never lift another trophy.