Now this just  got interesting. It's now being reported(Evening Standard) that we are demanding  over £10 million from Liverpool which they say has increased from our original  demand of £8 million.

It is claimed that the increase is down to potential following the U20 WC. I don't doubt that but I struggle to believe that  is all the story and I wonder  if behind closed doors something has been said regarding potential tapping up. What will for me confirm the position is if Liverpool let this go to tribunal or will a un disclosed fee be agreed prior to warts and all being exposed in from of what's called a transfer committee.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-to-demand-over-10m-from-liverpool-for-dominic-solanke-a3564481.html

Edited by terraloon

3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Already signed but a compensation fee hasn't been agreed. Similar to when we signed Sturridge and didn't attend a tribunal until 6 months later.

Not signed. He remains under contract with Chelsea till 30 June. He has agreed to sign for Liverpool when he becomes a free agent on 1 July.

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Sure it is similar to a Bosman where you sign a pre-contract before your contract expires.

It's all to do with his age and the fact that he is going to sign for a club registered to the same FA . He wasn't able to sign a pre contract agreement indeed he couldnt officially talk to a club in England till  after he was notified by Chelsea as to the terms of the new contract they were offering. This is something that has to be done by no later than 4 days after our last competitive game which was the FA cup final on 27/5. As I have said before Liverpool announced he was signing on 30/5 which by my calculations is only 3 days.

I am struggling to see how Liverpool could sort all this out  so quickly bearing in mind that Solanke was in Korea with the under 20s. Also when they signed Ings using this process they didn't make any announcement till 8/6 and then they included the words "subject to a medical" which in the case of Solanke is not the case this can only mean one of three things either

he had already had a medical

they aren't going to bother with one or

they forgot to mention it. 

There is no doubt that Chelsea issued the noticeon time as compensation is being talked about by both Liverpool and Chelsea. As for what we will get for him  I suspect it will be far more than the £3 million that's been floated and there will all be all sorts of add ons. That is of course supposes it gets to tribunal which I just have a feeling it won't.

Edited by terraloon

"If the two clubs can’t agree on a price soon, which given how far apart their valuations are is not really looking likely, the matter will go to a tribunal who will set a commensurate with market conditions and the player’s ability, record, an prospects."

All of those conditions work in our favor especially after he's won the golden boot. 

17 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

"If the two clubs can’t agree on a price soon, which given how far apart their valuations are is not really looking likely, the matter will go to a tribunal who will set a commensurate with market conditions and the player’s ability, record, an prospects."

All of those conditions work in our favor especially after he's won the golden boot. 

Especially if they tapped him up outside of the allowed dates.

43 minutes ago, dkw said:

Especially if they tapped him up outside of the allowed dates.

I remember a press conference months ago when Klopp laughed out loud when asked if Solanke would be joining Liverpool. Can't find that online, but did find this gossip, which is from 17 Feb. So when did Klopp give him the assurance he wanted?

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/chelsea-striker-dominic-solanke-tells-his-friends-he-wants-join-liverpool

What’s the story?

Chelsea are set to lose one of their prized young talents as Dominic Solanke has set his sights on joining Liverpool in the summer transfer window, according to a report from The Sun.

The 19-year-old’s contract at Stamford Bridge will run down at the end of the season and the teenage forward has decided against signing a new deal. He is demanding a weekly wage of £50,000-a-week but the west London club are unwilling to match his demands.

Chelsea are making no effort to keep him at the club and he has no desire to continue with his current employers after this season. He is keen on completing a move to the Merseyside club, despite the Reds unwilling to match his wage demands of £50,000-a-week.

However, an assurance from Jurgen Klopp to be a part of his first-team plans has convinced him to join Liverpool.

EDIT found this on this very site, but can't find the source of the quote:

Edited by Backbiter
  • 4 weeks later...

10 hours ago, didierforever said:

This is one of the reasons I liked the rudiger video. 

No talk of him joining the "biggest club" or "tapping the badge" or "best fans" sh*t. Plain and simple it was a better opportunity aka, bigger club and better money. 

It was cheesy as f**k though mind.

• 4 weeks later...