The John Terry Appreciation Thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I can't stand Ferdinand, however (and this won't be a popular opinion) I actually agree with him re JT. I don't think he's said anything particularly wrong, except I don't get why he holds a grudge against Cole.

Don't agree with this being dug up 3 years on though.

I really don't see why JT should apologise, he was found not guily by a court of law. If anyone should apologise that's Rio who made this case all about him to campaign for the England capitancy (it must've hurt that he didn't get it after all) and for cheap publicity (didn't he just release a book at the time?).

I'd bet Rio is dreading that he will fade away into oblivion as quick as his footballing abilities are declining and would sell his own mother to preserve his celebrity status.

Rio Ferdinand really is an odious little w**ker.

Whatever your opinion on JT/Anton scenario was, it's been done to death, been through the courts, through the FA and three years on it's well and truly old news. Nothing can be said that hasn't already been said numerous times before.... I am pretty sure everyone would agree on that which ever camp you are in.

Enter Rio Ferdinand.

Just had to dig it all up again and get his ugly camel face in the papers again regurgitating the same old tired bollocks.

Considering his soppy little tweet where he bigged up the (arguably racist) 'choc-ice' dig aimed at Cole I would have thought he of all people would let the situation rest.

Both him and his brother sum up everything I despise, gimps the pair of them.

Even if JT had racially abused Anton Ferdinand and it was caught on camera and he pleaded guilty and spent 12 months breaking rocks for his sins, why the hell would he be apologising to Rio???  Are they one and the same person, taking it in turns to wear a Ja Ja Binks head mask?

If someone calls my brother a total knob they apologise to him, not me - I just chuckle!

Back on to performances, don't think JT has been great recently. Obviously, we are playing a much more attacking game it so it seems to be opening more spaces between defence and midfield but JT hasn't been great. Suppose could be said of most but as Ivanovic is banging them in you can't complain, luckily our manager is Mourinho and he'll know how to fix things.

Edited by JMaher94

As England captain and my centre-back partner he could have saved everyone a lot of pain by admitting immediately he used the word in the heat of the moment, but was not racist.

Anton and I would've accepted that – instead he never gave us a chance.

‘That was the betrayal.

JT admitted using the word from the off. He immediately had a clear-the-air chat with AF in the dressing room. He denied being racist. That should have been enough for anyone who was unaware that anything had even happened, let alone someone who was probably hundreds of miles away at the time.

So what happened next? He was charged with racial abuse and was cleared.

He was then found guilty of using the word by the FA, who at the same time cleared him of being a racist.

Cue endless vilification from everyone who suddenly elevated the FA's findings above those of the court of law, and guess what? JT is branded a racist.

And yet RF is so thick he thinks JT could have avoided everything. He is too thick to realise the media and FA wanted to hang him out to dry regardless of how JT handled the situation. He is so thick he seems to believe JT could have said 'Yes, I called AF an FBC, but I'm sorry and I'm not racist', and everything would have been hunky dory all round.

The incomplete and inconclusive video was enough for JT's enemies, whereas any one with any objectivity knows the video is not enough to prove what actually happened.

Said this many times...I personally believe he said it...was he being racist - no...was he being a typical ignorant footballer that call each other all kinds of stuff - yes...should he have had all the sh*t afterwards from people using the racist card to suit their own agenda? No

Completely agree! JT is a heat of the moment guy and that was a mistake from his part. Someone saying John or Ashley not being as professional as Frank is also completely right. You can do 99 things right and 1 thing wrong and you are remembered by the mistake. That is what celebrities have to endure. Pretty standard. Petr Cech, Frank, Branna, Cahill all excellent professionals in every sense.

My two cents... JT did what we all do in the heat of the moment said something that he really didn't mean. I'm sure we've all done it, like calling someone a ..... cnut, it's just something you say in the moment and is no different to calling a large person a fat cnut. Doesn't make you a racist but as usual the race card gets played far too often. Rio is a complete twat for bringing this up years after it happened aswell and also not realising he basically did the same thing that JT did with his choc I've comment. Just draw a line over it and move on for Christ sakes.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

Said this many times...I personally believe he said it...was he being racist - no...was he being a typical ignorant footballer that call each other all kinds of stuff - yes.

Pretty much sums up my views. I don't think JT is a racist, but he's clearly a bit thick and didn't think what he was doing. I don't like Rio much at all but I do agree with him on this. 

Back on to performances, don't think JT has been great recently. Obviously, we are playing a much more attacking game it so it seems to be opening more spaces between defence and midfield but JT hasn't been great. Suppose could be said of most but as Ivanovic is banging them in you can't complain, luckily our manager is Mourinho and he'll know how to fix things.

I don't think anyone has been good defensively for us so far. It's not just JT.

Ivanovic is the one struggling the most so far, the chances teams are creating against us are coming from his side.

I think its an age thing, often as CBs get older they take longer to get into the season. Seen it happen many times.

I'm not sure it is that. Like i said in my post above, it's not just JT that is struggling, all of the defenders are not performing at the same level they were last season.