The John Terry Appreciation Thread

His natural ability at reading the game, his lion hearted captaincy, and numerous years working under the best manager in the modern game, are three things that could mean he will eventually morph into Jose Terry.

One can only hope that he does not get fed up with all the FA bullsh*t and retire because of it, because he has the brains and intelligence to be a top manager.

_81098736_john-terry_afp2.jpg

John Terry wants to extend his Chelsea playing career by another 12 months.

The 34-year-old centre-back, whose contact expires at the end of the season, has made 656 appearances in 16 years for the Premier League leaders.

"The club know my position," said the former England captain. "I want to stay. Hopefully my performances are showing that and they can keep me.

"I'll be happy to get one year and then see how it goes. I'm taking it year by year. I haven't got much choice."

_81098736_john-terry_afp2.jpg

John Terry wants to extend his Chelsea playing career by another 12 months.

The 34-year-old centre-back, whose contact expires at the end of the season, has made 656 appearances in 16 years for the Premier League leaders.

"The club know my position," said the former England captain. "I want to stay. Hopefully my performances are showing that and they can keep me.

"I'll be happy to get one year and then see how it goes. I'm taking it year by year. I haven't got much choice."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31530447

Superb from JT the fact he realises it's one year at a time.

Completely understands the club's position.

Nailed on to be back next year.

Ive said for years that his passing ability is massively underestimated by opposition fans, unbelievable with both feet.

He always get pigeon-holded as an old fashioned centre-half clogger, but he is also a very good footballer with a better goalscoring record than some midfielders. Jamie Carragher, of all people, pointed this out.

I dont like when players come out publicly like that and undermine the club. Having said that he deserves another contract

Don't think he's undermining anyone.

He was asked the question and gave his answers/feelings.

He said he wants to stay and feels like he shown he deserves it, quite right.

Sign him up Roman!

Better footballer than Rio Ferdinand, who was vastly over rated in that respect I think.

Rio is proving as a past it footballer that he heavily relied on his pace. Terry has the ability to read a match, shows you JT is much more intelligent as a footballer (probably as a person aswell mind but I'll leave that there)

Rio is proving as a past it footballer that he heavily relied on his pace. Terry has the ability to read a match, shows you JT is much more intelligent as a footballer (probably as a person aswell mind but I'll leave that there)

He was never world class and that’s the difference.

Truly great defenders do not rely on pace, look at Maldini and Terry. Both read the game and position themselves so as to deal with the threat they are up against. Pacey CB’s who get to their 30’s now can’t make up those yards they used to leave and get caught out time after time.

Terry is just proving what we here all knew for a long time, he is a world class defender.

• 2 weeks later...