The John Terry Appreciation Thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Not the same as 20. JT is slightly awkward. That is my assessment on him anyway.

I`m well over 35 and more tech savvy than anyone I know, no matter what age. this whole thing sounds like you are desperately hunting for something to be disgusted about with Terry, its very odd.

To be fair there's a distinct difference between tech savvy and social media savvy.

Hint: the former is actually useful

Can you just not be anything savvy?

#27#doesn't care for being good at either.#

Edited by Teritus

I`m well over 35 and more tech savvy than anyone I know, no matter what age. this whole thing sounds like you are desperately hunting for something to be disgusted about with Terry, its very odd.

Forget the age comment. Not the point. I'm 34 btw.

Not hunting JT here. His posts just feel a bit made up. Can't really explain it if you don't feel the same way.

He's the best Chelsea player on social media, gives you a genuine insight into the life of a professional footballer.

From Instagram I understand it involves being on a yacht a lot. Are his kids free from school already?

Private schools break up start of July....

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I don't see the issue with JT advertising his pre season routines.. football is their workplace. Therefore it's the same as any working environment, some people eat sleep breathe work and they usually rise through the ranks quicker while others leave work at work and pretend it doesn't exist in their time off. Nothing wrong with either. Different people, different personalities. For those saying it looks forced, I'm pretty sure the majority of images on social media are forced in some manner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

JT's post-match interview:

On Hazard:

"He's up there with the very best in the world for me. We relied on him too much last season and he can't do it all on his own even though he almost does. He's a world-class player and we're very lucky to have him."

On our performance last night:

"It was very important to get off to a good start. The way we started and ended last season wasn't good enough by our own standards. We said before the game that whether we won, lost or drew, that was the type of fight and commitment we want from everyone. We dug in, it was a big London derby and it means a lot to players and supporters. It was great for the management to get off to a good start, as well."

Id say its very unlikely JT will come out of retirement. 2 years until a major tournament by which time he may be retired anyway. He's not getting any younger so probably needs the international breaks to recover. If it was a world cup year then possibly he would consider it, but right now i highly doubt he'll be too motivated to go play a handful of qualifiers

JT has no interest, and he knows it makes no sense for him. He's going day by day now at his age, never mind year by year. By the time the world cup comes round he may have retired, gone to China etc etc.

When I watched the England squad at Euros, with so many young players in their first tournament, I thought, they sure could use someone like JT to guide them through the stress of the experience. No one has more genuine passion and interest in mentoring young players.

Maybe that's what Allardyce is thinking, having JT as a bench player whose primary purpose would be to lead and mentor.

• 2 weeks later...