Didier Drogba Returns!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Jose, JT and Frank have all spoken at length about the sort of impact Drogba has in the changing room, particularly now that Frank and Ash have moved on and Cech may no longer be a regular starter, now more than ever his sort of influence would be vital, and it's the sort of impact that could be lasting. Jose wants a right hand man that can help him mould the likes of Hazard and Oscar into his Drogba and Lampard v2.0 (mentality wise at least).

It was only a few months ago he was complaining about the team lacking balls, Drogba has the biggest balls of them all (or so I hear).

Any negative aspect in Drogba's return should be wiped away by simply saying: but he's Drogba.

I understand some memories might turn sour if he isn't up for it but do you honestly think Jose would field a player who is not up for it..? Okay he's played Torres but you get the point.

Look obviously he is still a legend, but I just feel like there is a certain closure to his penalty against Bayern being his last kick for the club. 

Beyond that the key for me is the impact on our other strikers. That depends on how much playing time Drogba expects. If he is happy to be Materazzi and get a run every now and then, but mentor Lukaku from being a tool into a mini version of himself and be a general leader at the club then cool. But if he wants to play regularly (as I suspect he will) that creates issues for Lukaku and Costa, because he had this habit of eating competition for his place alive. When Torres and Shevchenko signed, Drogba simply raised his level and the others shrunk into mediocrity when faced with his greatness. I have concerns that Didier who still fancies being number one could still do the same to our other strikers, particularly if they don't score regularly from the start of the year. 

Waste of a signing playing wise. Coach is fantastic but not player wise. He takes up another forigen spot as well.

Our striking options aren't good enough. We're basically going into the new season with one good striker. Torres, Lukaku and Drogba are all not good enough in one way or another.

Why ruin a fairytale? I want him back at Stamford Bridge just like any other Blue but not as a player, as a coach I think he would add a lot to the dressing room and even though I don't see him going into management after he ends his playing career. What's the most he can contribute on the field if returns as a player? 5 goals for the season coming off the bench? Is that worth ruining the story of winning the cup with the big ears with his very last kick for the football club? We can get 5 goals a season off the bench from Bamford aswell, meanwhile he will develop while doing it as Drogba is only going down.

I love Didi, but I don't want to see him back as a player, would absolutely love to see him back as a coach this season though.

I echo the sentiments of my fellow S/Es, Drogba was the bollocks when here, unfortunately, he is to old now, showed zip for His beloved Ivory Coast at this year's WC, and not much for Gala last year, which kind of saddens me, coach of strikers yes, player no....

Edited by Ballack & Blu

I am not in complete agreement with Drogba taking a roster spot at the moment but when it is January and we are at a place like Stoke, Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland and any other tough place to play and the opposing side is sitting deep and we are having difficulties trying to get 3 points and in walks Didier to do what hevhas done and has earbed us the 3-9 points that is needed to win; well then it will be all worth it. Bottom line whether Drogba scores or not, his presence shakes things up. Look what him coming on did versus Japan in the WC! Completely rattled them because he distracts everyone on the pitch.

I aplogize for my poor grammar. I know thatvwas an incredibly ling run-on sentence. Mr. Maher my 8th grade English teacher would be apalled!