• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking Remy but I think it has got to be this man. I am confident he will always deliver in games like this. Man United he let us down with his movement and lack of pace but he still came out scoring the only goal of the game, he still looked up for it.

Come on Drogba!.

If Costa does miss the City game, I would rather we start with Remy and have Drogba on the bench to throw on if need be.

Drogs has shown the odd glimpse of what we used to get, but at times he has looked all of his near 37 years and I just can't see him causing City many problems if he plays anything like he did against Bradford. 

It's a bit sad that he left after Munich. He would have been very useful in those years with our striker's drought. (A bit like Zola leaving when RA arrived at the club.)

But the financial offers were better elsewhere I guess, and I can understand that. 

On the Telegraph there was a bit about Drogba apparently saying he will still be here next season. I'll be very disappointed if we renew his contract again. He'll be 37 next year and we really need to be looking at promoting Bamford to that 3rd spot.

People doubted it when he came back at the start of the season but he's shown he's still very capable playing at this level. If he and Mourinho think he can perform for another season then I don't see a problem 

On the Telegraph there was a bit about Drogba apparently saying he will still be here next season. I'll be very disappointed if we renew his contract again. He'll be 37 next year and we really need to be looking at promoting Bamford to that 3rd spot.

We can't phase Bamford in with Drogba still on the roster?

It's a tough one. Legend that he is, he's really only had one match where he's looked even close to the Drogba of old and that was the Spurs home game. Got the goal at United but felt he limited us a little bit and had some decent performances against weaker opposition, but if we've got a young talented player like Bamford then couldn't he get those minutes?

People doubted it when he came back at the start of the season but he's shown he's still very capable playing at this level. If he and Mourinho think he can perform for another season then I don't see a problem 

He hasn't really. The odd glimpse here and there but that's nowhere near enough for a top club looking to win the PL & CL every season.

As much as he is a Club Legend, I will be extremely disappointed if we go into next season with Drogba one of our first 3 strikers.

I think he's been pretty crap overall. Better off going with Bamford as 3rd choice next season and offering Didier some kind of coaching role if he fancies hanging up his boots.

Trouble is I think Mourinho is looking for someone who is similar to Costa, i.e. a powerful forward, to be backup to him. Remy and Bamford aren't of that ilk.

Edited by 1905.