Roberto Firmino

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

According to The Express this morning, Sir Jose is interested in Hoffenheim's Brazilian striker Robert Firmino to add weight to his forward line.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/475720/First-Diego-then-Roberto-Mourinho-wants-Hoffenheim-s-Firmino-to-join-Costa-at-Chelsea

£15m is the price mentioned for this 22 year old...the highest scoring Brazilian in Europe this season.

A Kalou type signing, pretty prolific in front of goal (although from a better league)

Only seen youtube videos of him and wasn't majorly impressed but seems to have good control in small spaces. Would be interested to hear from someone that's seen him play regularly.

You don't get much for 15 mill nowadays so could be a good bit of business.

Guest RFC_CFC

Good player but don't need him.

If we let go Ba, Eto'o and Lukaku we 100% need another front player

While others say hes a front player......

He's abit of both, not their not that similar but in terms of Position just think of Thomas Mueller. He often plays in Attacking mid, but they put him up top when need be aswell.

He's honestly a really good footballer. I'm a big fan. But I also think that T.Hazard could do his job.

Guest RFC_CFC

If he's not a striker then it won't happen.

We already have a squad filled with attaking midfielders and even more out on loan.

Hazard, Schurrle, Oscar, Willian, Salah, T.Hazard, Atsu, Piazon, Marin, Moses, Traore and maybe a few others I have forgotton.

Guest RFC_CFC

I'd rather have Mario Mandzukic' as second striker to Costa.

I'd rather keep Ba than have him.

He's bang average.

We already have a squad filled with attaking midfielders and even more out on loan.

Hazard, Schurrle, Oscar, Willian, Salah, T.Hazard, Atsu, Piazon, Marin, Moses, Traore and maybe a few others I have forgotton.

Only Hazard, Scurrle, Oscar, Willian and Salah will be involved in the first team here and Salah may not work out. Jose is a fan of two players for each position right?

Guest RFC_CFC

Only Hazard, Scurrle, Oscar, Willian and Salah will be involved in the first team here and Salah may not work out. Jose is a fan of two players for each position right?

Yeah and we have about 4 or 5 young talented attacking mids out on loan due to return so why spend on others before actually giving the ones invested in a chance?

We can't keep buying players all the time, there comes a point you need to actually use the ones you have already invested in.

Yeah and we have about 4 or 5 young talented attacking mids out on loan due to return so why spend on others before actually giving the ones invested in a chance?

We can't keep buying players all the time, there comes a point you need to actually use the ones you have already invested in.

One of those might have a chance this season, but only as an extra backup. It's been clear at times with Salahs performances that he can be found wanting. Firminio to me seems like a Schurrle with better control. I'm far from against that. I think I disagree with you on most things football related mind.

And yet our creativity was terrible once Mata left and Oscar went off form. Schurle is a direct runner and a fairly reliable shot, Salah is a direct run with very unreliable shot. Marin ..... Moses cant get onto the Liverpool starting 11. Willian is just a hard runner. Only Hazard is reliable creatively. Oscar can be but certainly was MIA in H2 of last season