Heisenberg

Charly Musonda jr.

I really like musonda. He seems to have that star quality about him. I have reservations about whether he will get an opportunity here though. With hazard injured, he should be in line to make the bench, if we don't sign any other attacking midfielders. I think the only way to break into the team, is to hit the ground running. He needs to show his quality every time he gets a chance. Showing glimpses here and there isn't enough, as rlc is finding out. It's a big ask, he has the quality though. 

1 hour ago, enigma said:

well he came back half way through season didn't he? i also heard he picked up an injury a few weeks after returning, so he had to get used to our style of play/formation, but then also recovering from an injury. don't quote me on the injury though, i'm not 100% on that. 

Youre right, he picked up an injury

29 minutes ago, evissy said:

You guys think he has a chance? Six games at Real Betis...would be lovely to see him make the squad though.

see no reason why he can't get a chance, and with top class players around him for him to link up/assist he could be quality. 

31 minutes ago, evissy said:

You guys think he has a chance? Six games at Real Betis...would be lovely to see him make the squad though.

Loan Spells can be hit and miss. He was the same player who apparently had a "cult" following in his first spell at Betis. And then he simply tapered off. 

Anyways, he surely has the talent. And deserves a chance. Out of all the youth players, I would say he is definitely the most talented.

28 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Loan Spells can be hit and miss. He was the same player who apparently had a "cult" following in his first spell at Betis. And then he simply tapered off. 

Anyways, he surely has the talent. And deserves a chance. Out of all the youth players, I would say he is definitely the most talented.

Gus Poyet took over and didn't like him, I think it was something to do with him not being disciplined enough and trying to do it all himself. 

4 hours ago, Zeta said:

RLC had a squad number and he still hardly got a game. I can't see Musonda getting in ahead of Hazard, Pedro or Willian, so his chances will be very limited.

We'll probably have played 10+ games before Hazard is fully fit and are not being linked with anybody to come in as a wide forward.

For a front 3 he'd be the first sub for a wide role with Pedro and Willian starting. Other option is Cesc in the hole and two up top but there should still be opportunities.

I'd like to see him given those first two months to be involved and stake a claim, he can always go on loan in January if it doesn't work out.

He would look so much better if he is given a chance to play with better players. IMO players like Iwobi are not better than him but because he has been given his breakthrough chance with big players, he has looked a better player. For me, Musonda is a batter player than Iwobi and if he is given a chance here, can prove to be a very valuable asset. His talent is unreal.

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

If conte rates him why did he not see action at the end of last season when we did out mass rotation against watford or even as a sub vs sunderland? 

He was injured.

On 7-7-2017 at 12:13, Batshuayi said:

I know a few Belgians who say he's their biggest talent since Hazard. Let's hope we don't send him down the Lukaku, De Bruyne route...

He was!

On 07/07/2017 at 11:13, Batshuayi said:

New deal and some first team football.

What a joke. Might get a a few mins here or there but he'll be out on loan by next year. Don't get excited when a youth player gets a shirt number and trains with the first team squad. They have no future here. 

5 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

What a joke. Might get a a few mins here or there but he'll be out on loan by next year. Don't get excited when a youth player gets a shirt number and trains with the first team squad. They have no future here. 

Pessimistic way to look at it. There's already been 5/6 loans with the likes of Aina, RLC, Brown, Abraham all heading out of the door. Clearly Conte has seen enough in training to integrate Musonda into the squad. He would already have been loaned by now if this were the case, signs are positive.

45 minutes ago, Batshuayi said:

Pessimistic way to look at it. There's already been 5/6 loans with the likes of Aina, RLC, Brown, Abraham all heading out of the door. Clearly Conte has seen enough in training to integrate Musonda into the squad. He would already have been loaned by now if this were the case, signs are positive.

Trust me, I'd love to be proved wrong. I really would. I got excited when that chav McEachran got a few games under AVB but lo and behold, not good enough, shipped out. I can see the same thing happening to Musonda. 

With us it seems, no matter how well you play when given the opportunity, we'd always rather buy someone new and proven. I guess these days and the demands of instant success there isn't time to blood new recruits from the academy. 

19 hours ago, evissy said:

Isn't Hazard out for the first few games? That's why I thought Musonda was sticking around, as cover. He'll definitely get some minutes at the start of the season and hopefully he impresses.

It really is difficult to get excited when we have been here full of expectancy before. I do believe he has the talent to make it with us, but I've thought that time and time again about numerous youngsters.

Just got to hope he grabs the few opportunities he gets with both hands.

He's the one I can see actually making an impact at Chels, a proper player to get you out your seat.

Work him into the rotation against some of the smaller teams this season in the league and cup and see where it goes from there.

Wouldnt exactly say we're deep at the winger position especially with Eden out til October time, great chance for CMJ to show us he can do it in the Prem.

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 09:35, Geert The Flyer said:

The only number I'm seeing in 17.

Waarom denk je dat, Geert de Vlieger?

Please, explain, Geert The Flyer!