Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We have to look for something fresh and new to our starting line, teams are able to read Willian's game, same as Pedro's. They still good players but we need an upgrade at this position, to add something unique to our attack. 

I think Conte should give a chance to Musonda who proved himself at his debut for us, the next game is Crystal Palace, we can play him and I think Conte should do that. He got skills, got the technique and he's hungry.Would be great to test him against Crystal Palace, and then continue to use him, I won't mind him to see as a starter as well. 

Willian has been disappointing this season, one of the players that we need but he is slowly disappearing, and Pedro is also going down with his form.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

We have to look for something fresh and new to our starting line, teams are able to read Willian's game, same as Pedro's. They still good players but we need an upgrade at this position, to add something unique to our attack. 

I think Conte should give a chance to Musonda who proved himself at his debut for us, the next game is Crystal Palace, we can play him and I think Conte should do that. He got skills, got the technique and he's hungry.Would be great to test him against Crystal Palace, and then continue to use him, I won't mind him to see as a starter as well. 

Willian has been disappointing this season, one of the players that we need but he is slowly disappearing, and Pedro is also going down with his form.

You are tough with Pedro.. He've had a few injury in more... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like he just cut his Chelsea career short; as good as he is I'm not how he realistically expects to get the start in important and high profile games, such as City, over the likes of established full international players or even a sub role when other full internationals with years of experience such as Pedro and Willian sit on the bench next to him I'm sure he might have been given a couple of starts against the weaker opposition we have coming up....but after this outburst I suspect that its doubtful he'll be on the bench unless we are short of players.

Have these kids learned nothing about the ills of social media, especially after the Kennedy incident.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CFCCAN said:

Sounds like he just cut his Chelsea career short; as good as he is I'm not how he realistically expects to get the start in important and high profile games, such as City, over the likes of established full international players or even a sub role when other full internationals with years of experience such as Pedro and Willian sit on the bench next to him I'm sure he might have been given a couple of starts against the weaker opposition we have coming up....but after this outburst I suspect that its doubtful he'll be on the bench unless we are short of players.

Have these kids learned nothing about the ills of social media, especially after the Kennedy incident.

We can't keep blaming our youngsters for their supposed bad attitude or lack of hardwork or whatever the new narrative is with each new kid. At this point, Musonda deserves to be ahead of Willian in the pecking order without a shadow of doubt. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and trust these youngsters whatever the outcome might be. Apart from players like Messi or young Rooney, you'll hardly find ready made youngsters whom you'll have no doubts about when you throw them in the fire. Personally think it's utterly disgusting how we treat them and at this point, I hope Charly finds a good club to play for regularly even if it means a permanent transfer. Look how much Chalobah is benefiting from that. RLC really should have left 2 years ago as well but better late than never.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Is his brother implying he could hit the level of Ronaldo and Messi? The reality is, Charly's talent is undeniable, but he has been nowhere near productive enough on loan at Betis or even his app for us vs Forest despite a well taken goal.

Harry Kane wasn't really convincing when he went out on loan for Spurs either. Like I said, sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and trust these players, especially when you can see the undeniable talent. Ousmane Dembele and Jeremy Boga were once playing for the same Rennes team about 2 years ago. Look at the starkly different paths their careers have taken. One goes for a record transfer to Barcelona 2 years later while the other is on loan once again in the Championship. The difference is, one of them had someone who put faith in him and the other didn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

We can't keep blaming our youngsters for their supposed bad attitude or lack of hardwork or whatever the new narrative is with each new kid. At this point, Musonda deserves to be ahead of Willian in the pecking order without a shadow of doubt. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and trust these youngsters whatever the outcome might be. Apart from players like Messi or young Rooney, you'll hardly find ready made youngsters whom you'll have no doubts about when you throw them in the fire. Personally think it's utterly disgusting how we treat them and at this point, I hope Charly finds a good club to play for regularly even if it means a permanent transfer. Look how much Chalobah is benefiting from that. RLC really should have left 2 years ago as well but better late than never.

Harry Kane wasn't really convincing when he went out on loan for Spurs either. Like I said, sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and trust these players, especially when you can see the undeniable talent. Ousmane Dembele and Jeremy Boga were once playing for the same Rennes team about 2 years ago. Look at the starkly different paths their careers have taken. One goes for a record transfer to Barcelona 2 years later while the other is on loan once again in the Championship. The difference is, one of them had someone who put faith in him and the other didn't.

Boga and Dembele do not have the same level of talent. Implying they're interchangeable is crazy. Just because you played alongside another player at a relative age doesn't mean both players could have had the same career. 

 

I'm on the Musonda train too. However he isn't good enough to start ahead of Willian and Pedro just yet. By the end of the season he could be and frankly he should be content with a squad role on a championship team given his lack of experience and resume compared to the other 3 players who play his position.

I thought things were going well for him so far and it's obvious Conte wants him to be more involved going forward which makes the timing of this strange especially on an international break. 

The old line of Chelsea don't give young players chances is hogwash now. Christensen for example is quickly becoming a starter and he's playing in big matches for a reason. He shines AND he grabbed the opportunity he had. If Charly thinks he should displace two established internationals on the back of hard work and a goal against Forest in a 2nd rate cup match he needs to look in the mirror. I firmly believe Conte doesn't care about age and this is leaving me very confused about what has lit this fire

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barrettinator said:

Harry Kane wasn't really convincing when he went out on loan for Spurs either. Like I said, sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and trust these players, especially when you can see the undeniable talent. Ousmane Dembele and Jeremy Boga were once playing for the same Rennes team about 2 years ago. Look at the starkly different paths their careers have taken. One goes for a record transfer to Barcelona 2 years later while the other is on loan once again in the Championship. The difference is, one of them had someone who put faith in him and the other didn't.

Using Kane as an example is akin to saying manager's should get more time because of Ferguson, he is an exception to the rule. For the most part the direction a player is going in is clear at 21.

1 hour ago, Barrettinator said:

We can't keep blaming our youngsters for their supposed bad attitude or lack of hardwork or whatever the new narrative is with each new kid. At this point, Musonda deserves to be ahead of Willian in the pecking order without a shadow of doubt. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and trust these youngsters whatever the outcome might be. Apart from players like Messi or young Rooney, you'll hardly find ready made youngsters whom you'll have no doubts about when you throw them in the fire. Personally think it's utterly disgusting how we treat them and at this point, I hope Charly finds a good club to play for regularly even if it means a permanent transfer. Look how much Chalobah is benefiting from that. RLC really should have left 2 years ago as well but better late than never.

All Chalobah has done is found his natural level. Andreas has had his chances with us, took them and is a fully trusted squad member now, and i don't believe he is better option than even an out of form Willian, that's typical overrate the youngster and undervalue the first teamer syndrome. The same argument was made for Josh when Lamps and co were off form in 2010.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ivorycoast said:

How many times does the club have to f**k up before our fans will stop blaming young players? The reaction on reddit has been disgraceful blaming Charly himself.

Let me ask you this, when was the last time a Chelsea player cried when he scored a goal for us?

When has an academy player come back to haunt us?

Link to post
Share on other sites

strange timing, maybe a disagreement over his contract, or possibly they want him to go out on loan again. 

I don't buy the argument that we have never made a mistake with an academy/youth product on the basis that none have particularly bitten on the arse so to speak. 

I came through academies and school of excellence centres myself, and getting the right breaks at the right times, is big part of turning potential into quality. 

We don't give players the breaks they need at important times in their careers in order to maximise their potential. 

Christiensen is starting to look like the 1st time we have gotten it right, I wouldn't count Courtois, as he came back from loan as one of the best in the world. 

Musonda was the biggest talent in anderlechts academy, If you look at where tielemans is compared to musonda, maybe musonda should've stayed. I'm sure he would be a better player than he is now, if he had 200 appearances under his belt. 

With the way transfers are going with mbappe and dembele moving for obscene amounts after a season or 2 of professional football, we can no longer afford to buy the break out stars, we have do more with the ones we have, and the ones we sign at 16/17/18. 

Maybe musonda is out of line here, no one knows what the txt is about with certainty, but I do think his performance against forest, coupled with how poor Willian, and to a lesser extent pedro have been this season, he deserves a more minutes going forward. 

Our games since that league cup game, have been tough fixtures though, which is why I find the timing of all this a little strange. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this when he posted it last night and thought it was incredibly sudden. He's been posting a lot of videos of him training and working hard on his own, and after his performance against Forest and his passionate celebration, I assumed things were going well. Clearly a conversation of some kind has happened over the international break, otherwise I'm not sure why the sudden change of attitude.

Personally, I think a cryptic post on social media is a terrible response, it's not like he can't discuss it in private with the people close to him, and all the fans don't really need to see it. Unfortunately, given how we know Conte (and the club) don't look kindly on irresponsible use of social media the public airing of grievances, we might not see too much more of him in a Chelsea shirt. I really hope that isn't the case as I'm a huge fan and his talent and desire are clear, and I would love for a star player like him to come form our Academy, but we shall see!

I hate the international break even more now... :rolleyes:

Edited by Remy10
Link to post
Share on other sites

The academy is nothing more than a revenue stream. The powers that be have no interest in bringing through youngsters, regardless of how good they can become. Being so short sighted helps us win in the short term, but you have to wonder how good our team could be a year or so down the line if we actually tried to bring these players through. 

 

Real shame about Charly as his talent and drive will take him right to the top. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, this post might be actually a little bit right because the way we use our youngsters is wrong. But what he did is not going to change the situation, can become only worse. If he is looking to work hard for his place, then he has to do it by himself, he doesn't need the public for this. Wasn't a smart action by him, doesn't matter if he was talking about Belguim or Chelsea. Also posting it just before Crystal Palace game is stupid, this game actually can be for him. 

It's not easy to be a youngster Chelsea, in my opinion, we have one of the best prospects from our academy that we will lose if we won't bring him back and play (Loftus-Cheek). 

He always can speak with Conte, see where he need improvements, stick to the teammates and stay professional. This post is not necessarily.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand his frustrations. But there is a way to conduct yourself.

If he (or anyone else) thought he was suddenly going to become a instant first XI player after a half decent display and a goal against a poor Championship outfit then more fool him.

Edited by bjd
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

The academy is nothing more than a revenue stream. The powers that be have no interest in bringing through youngsters, regardless of how good they can become. Being so short sighted helps us win in the short term, but you have to wonder how good our team could be a year or so down the line if we actually tried to bring these players through. 

 

Real shame about Charly as his talent and drive will take him right to the top. 

Actually the powers that be are desperate for any academy player to break through, its the managers who are under constant pressure to win that really couldnt give a sh*t as. They are gone in 2-3 seasons anyway so they arent going to sacrifice short term success over long term development. But its quite clear seing how the board operates during the transfer window that they would like more youngsters to get a shot and they would rather loan them out to get experience then have then rot on the bench.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...