Help needed again! Spotify on phone

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Please can someone help before I throw something out of the f**king window.  I have been happily using my new phone (Galaxy S4) and getting to know Spotify (premium which came with the phone) when I was told I had to reinstall it because of security issues.  Fine I thought and tried to.  It said it was downloading for hours but I'd read that all the music had to be redownloaded so I thought it was a bit of a pain but was doing that so was likely to take a while.  Nothing installed so I did the turn it off and on again and the app installed quickly.  Ok I thought that was a blip now for the music.  

First playlist installed 5% and then stopped.  Basically I keep restarting the download and it's got to about 35% this time before saying syncing stopped as there's not enough storage available on the device.  I have 6.8 gb available on the phone but only 57 mb  on the sd card.  It is a big playlist but it installed on the phone before.  I can't see how to check where it is trying to install it.  I have googled and come across similar problems but no real solution.  I have spent hours going round and round in circles!

It is driving me mad!  Does anyone know what I can do?

Please can someone help before I throw something out of the f**king window. I have been happily using my new phone (Galaxy S4) and getting to know Spotify (premium which came with the phone) when I was told I had to reinstall it because of security issues. Fine I thought and tried to. It said it was downloading for hours but I'd read that all the music had to be redownloaded so I thought it was a bit of a pain but was doing that so was likely to take a while. Nothing installed so I did the turn it off and on again and the app installed quickly. Ok I thought that was a blip now for the music.

First playlist installed 5% and then stopped. Basically I keep restarting the download and it's got to about 35% this time before saying syncing stopped as there's not enough storage available on the device. I have 6.8 gb available on the phone but only 57 mb on the sd card. It is a big playlist but it installed on the phone before. I can't see how to check where it is trying to install it. I have googled and come across similar problems but no real solution. I have spent hours going round and round in circles!

It is driving me mad! Does anyone know what I can do?

Maybe when you reinstalled the app it saved itself on the SD card as opposed to phone memory.

I remember on my old S2 when space was low and it was downloading/updating and space was running out it would just stay on that status all day.

This may not be what you need, but check to see: Go to settings > More > Application Manager > Spotify.

From here it should give an option to move to either SD card or phone, depending on where its saved. If it says move to phone click that and see what happens. More than likely will have to restart the phone to restart the updates.

Edited by Zola

Have you tried turning it off and then back on again? 

Maybe when you reinstalled the app it saved itself on the SD card as opposed to phone memory.

I remember on my old S2 when space was low and it was downloading/updating and space was running out it would just stay on that status all day.

This may not be what you need, but check to see: Go to settings > More > Application Manager > Spotify.

From here it should give an option to move to either SD card or phone, depending on where its saved. If it says move to phone click that and see what happens. More than likely will have to restart the phone to restart the updates.

Ha ha FC - yes I have!

Thanks Zola - it seems that the app is installed on my phone but the music is downloaded to my sd card.  I can't see how to change the settings but I will look properly tonight to see if I can just change it to download onto my phone.  If not, I think the easiest thing will be to clear my sd card of all the old photos and other crap that is no doubt on there!  .

What Iphone did you have Zo? I have the 5 and the screen is big enough. I wouldnt want one of the new samsungs with the huge screens.

I had a 3gs ages ago. Samsung ever since. Android is the business. Once Apple get themselves a big screen I could be tempted back. But until then no way. Once you have a big screen you don't want to downsize

The Iphone 6 will come in 3 different sizes they are saying. I couldnt be bothered carrying a brick around again. Its like the late 90's all over again.

I want something that fits comfortably into my pocket.

The Iphone 6 will come in 3 different sizes they are saying. I couldnt be bothered carrying a brick around again. Its like the late 90's all over again.

I want something that fits comfortably into my pocket.

You would think it doesn't fit, but it does rather easily. I have a big case on it as well which adds to the size. If an upgrade is brought out with another small incremental screen size up ill probably go for it.

Makes watching youtube, viewing websites etc all a good experience and does away with the need for a tablet.

Edited by Zola

Speaking of Samsung's I miss mine!  Smashed it to pieces a while back and couldn't afford to buy replacement second hand handset so have now got a crappy Sony Xperia which I hate.

If anyone has an old Galaxy then desperately want to donate to a balding cause you know where to find me!!!!!

I've got an iPhone 4 at the minute, can't wait to get rid of it.

I'll be looking to change to a phone with a really good camera on it next month when I'm eligible for my upgrade.

I got an iPhone 4 for work, hated it. The let me keep it when I left but its locked to vodaphone so no use to me. I can't stand them, so restrictive. Just gonna sell this one. Anyone interested?

If you were sensible, you'd have an iPhone, BQ. No problems with my Spotify Premium. Mainly because Apple know what they're doing. I love my iPhone 5.

The only negative about iPhone's is the battery life. Maybe one day they're sort that out (doubt it) .

If you were sensible, you'd have an iPhone, BQ. No problems with my Spotify Premium. Mainly because Apple know what they're doing. I love my iPhone 5.

The only negative about iPhone's is the battery life. Maybe one day they're sort that out (doubt it) .

Ha don’t tell me that Apple apps never have bugs on upgrade!  Itunes certainly has!  I’ve never had an iphone but hate itunes which I reluctantly have to use with my ipod but find it so frustrating – so bloody controlling.  Much better to have an android which you can just drag and drop and even the charger is more universal.  You can keep Apple thanks – I’d be happy never to have to use itunes again.  And I think more and more people are switching to Samsung and androids.

Iphones were so bloody ubiquitous that that also put me off.  Same with ipods – I resisted for as long as I could but there are basically no other large storage MP3s left.

I use to think the way you did BQ before I actually had an iphone. Once i got one i wouldnt go back to the old way. I never have had a problem with Itunes. Its all very simple to run. Maybe im not so old after all.

Ha don’t tell me that Apple apps never have bugs on upgrade!  Itunes certainly has!  I’ve never had an iphone but hate itunes which I reluctantly have to use with my ipod but find it so frustrating – so bloody controlling.  Much better to have an android which you can just drag and drop and even the charger is more universal.  You can keep Apple thanks – I’d be happy never to have to use itunes again.  And I think more and more people are switching to Samsung and androids.

Iphones were so bloody ubiquitous that that also put me off.  Same with ipods – I resisted for as long as I could but there are basically no other large storage MP3s left.

I can quite honestly tell you, I've had no bugs, no problems at all with any of my apps! You have a point about the chargers, but that's hardly a game-changer.

Like Uno said, I could never go back to anything else. I don't even use my iPod anymore, since I can just listen to all my music from my phone.

There is no denying that Samsung and Apple are now the leaders of the market- Blackberry died a painful death and HTC never quite made it to the big time.

iPhones may be Ubiquitous, yes, but you have to wonder why? It is because they're the best!