World Cup Sweepstake

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Anyone organising or taking part in one? 

I'm thinking of organising one - £2 a go with £40 for the winner, £15 for runner up, £5 for the most red and yellow cards in the group stages (a red counts as 2 yellows whether or not it's a straight or a second yellow) and £4 for the quickest goal scored in a game over the whole tournament.  The last two just create a bit of interest if you don't draw someone who is likely to get to the final.

What do you think?  And who have you drawn if you'e taking part in one?

I got South Korea.

Not impressed.

Ours is £30 for the winner, £20 for runner up, £10 for third place, and £4 for most goals conceded in the Group games. I might win the last one.

Edited by Blueblur

Well I drew Bosnia.  And my cat (yeah, we had a spare place...) drew Greece.  I only hope they're dirty and get lots of red and yellow cards or score really quickly in one of their games cos that's the only way I'm getting any money back!

I love all the different formats and prizes. Originally, we were only going to pay winners and runner-up but when you draw a sh*te team it's a blow so we do now have a wooden spoon prize for most goals conceded in Group stage. So at £5 per team that's

£100 winner

£35 Runner Up

£25 Wooden Spoon

That said, we're now struggling to get the 32 teams taken and don't want to start the draw until we know we have right numbers and we're running out of time and it's all getting a bit of a pain and I kinda wish we hadn't bothered!!