Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ForeverCarefree

World Cup - Match day 6

FIFA WORLD CUP - GROUP A

Brazil v Mexico 20:00

FIFA WORLD CUP - GROUP H

Belgium v Algeria 17:00

Russia v South Korea 23:00

Not sure I should attempt any predictions after failing miserably yesterday but here goes.

Brazil Vs Mexico could be a tricky game for the hosts but I think they have enough attacking quality to win, 2-0 to the Samba boys with Neymar to score again (my tip for the World Cup golden boot (or is it Golden Shoe now? (when do you ever refer to it as a football shoe?)))

Belgium Vs Algeria, big Chelsea connection with this one, I assume Courtois will start ahead of Minge Olé so will be interesting to get another look at him as rumours grow about him being Chelsea #1 next season. Hazard's opportunity to prove his quality and Lukaku to further enrage Chelsea fans by scoring but never playing for us. 1-0 to Belgium.

Russia Vs South Korea, can't see myself staying up to watch this one if I'm honest... Comfortable 2-1 win for Mother Russia. Capello to look indifferent every time a goal goes in. 

Really excited to see how Belgium do this World Cup for obvious reasons. I have £5 on them to win the whole thing at 22/1. Improbable but this competition looks wide open to me, and if they click then who knows.

Hoping to see Oscar continue where he left off last week. Ramires may get a run out today as well apparently...

Russia v South Korea - Couldn't really care less to be honest. Won't be staying up for that one.

After having had no success whatsoever with yesterday's predictions, I fully expect to be vindicated today with the following scores:

Belgium-Algeria 3-1

Brazil-Mexico 1-1

Russia-South Korea 0-2

KDB is injured and probably won't play, massive loss for them as he's their best player.

I'll go with;

Belgium-Algeria 2-1

Brazil-Mexico 4-1

Russia-South Korea 3-0

I guess we finally get to see whether or not the golden generation plans to live up to the early hype. Clearly not the complete article just yet but they have a great deal of attacking talent and a ridiculous amount of potential, and considering that even teams as good as Uruguay and Spain are getting schlockings at this World Cup, you really never know. If Belgium had Switzerland's full backs they'd be laughing.

1378426934738s.jpg

Wouldn't waste time baiting anyone. You've clearly not been watching Belgium then if that's seen as baiting.

Oddly enough, I got the same reaction when I said Oscar was Brazil's best player.

That's a dive

Vertonghan gave him a reason to go down, you can't grab hold of a player like that, especially in the box.

Belgium already look rattled and frustrated... Especially Lukaku who's spend the opening half hour whinging at his team mates.