Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zeta

World Cup 2014 - Day 7

I'm looking forward to Spain Vs Chile, a bad result for Spain and they could be heading home and what a cup upset that would be. 

Will be interesting to see what team Del Bosque puts out after the embarrassment that was the Holland game. I think it might be a draw personally, 1-1

Holland Vs Australia should be a formality for Holland but it will be interesting to see if they can keep up the good form they showed in their opening game.

Be interesting to know Robben and RVP recover seeing as they both have had questionable fitness in the past with their injury records. 2-0 to Holland. 

Cameroon Vs Croatia, again I won't be staying up for the late kick off... Hopefully Croatia get a result after some poor refereeing decisions let them down against Brazil, 2-0 to Croatia. 

Being the optimistic, I put in the following predictions (probably waaaayyyy off):

Australia-Netherlands 0-0

Spain-Chile 1-0

Cameroon-Croatia 0-0

Goalwise not an exciting night :biggrin:

What's your total losses to date? 

I haven't lost that much, but I'm just annoyed that I haven't won anything yet.

In total, only lost £6, I thought Croatia would beat Brazil, England would draw with Italy and  Equador would beat Switzerland.

All wrong, so far. So only £6 down the pan but I am determined to win some £££ tonight.

I haven't lost that much, but I'm just annoyed that I haven't won anything yet.

In total, only lost £6, I thought Croatia would beat Brazil, England would draw with Italy and  Equador would beat Switzerland.

All wrong, so far. So only £6 down the pan but I am determined to win some £££ tonight.

I think you've backed the wrong horse tonight... but then again if I bet on all my predictions so far I think I would be having the bailiffs round. 

I think you've backed the wrong horse tonight... but then again if I bet on all my predictions so far I think I would be having the bailiffs round. 

Haha! I would never let it get that bad...

I predict 8-0 to Netherlands against the Convicts tonight.

Spain must win this game, wonder if they will play with no striker/false 9 today.

I thought Costa's runs looked lively and were causing Holland problems, not too sure what reverting to a false 9 would achieve for them. 

It's their midfield and defense that looked shabby... Their defense was pushed far too high up the pitch in their first game, especially when you think how fast Robben is when given space to run into. 

I would expect them to sit a little deeper against Chile to avoid the ball over the top and maybe see Fabregas come in for Alonso, I honestly can't see Del Bosque changing much mainly because I can't see who he would drop. 

After what happened with Holland they might lose confidence in their current system, Costa was ok but all he got was a pen, playing in their old system just for the sake of trying something different might be an option

stupid stupid cahill

even if we get a result here, we won't get one against spain, because he's our only outlet...and now he's got himself suspended

stupid stupid cahill

even if we get a result here, we won't get one against spain, because he's our only outlet...and now he's got himself suspended

I thought Bresciano is quite good??