Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dellaw

england team of no winners

starting at the top hodgson won nothing in his carrer as a manager

Nevile i guess being a sky pundet makes you perfect to be a coach or second in charge

Hart dropped by his club manager

Gerrard short passing very poor long passing iratic at best no demestic honors and slow as f**k

baines cant defend but ok going forward no honors

Johnston cant defend ok going forward no honors

Rooney  been out of form for ages

sturridge plays for him self shoots on site even if team m8 is ods on to score

stirling sorry no number 10 honors nothing

wellbeck cant get in man u squad

might be an idea to start by getting a management set up

and dont even go  with the well there young or under 21s stuart pearce lmfho

start picking players not names

starting at the top hodgson won nothing in his carrer as a manager

Nevile i guess being a sky pundet makes you perfect to be a coach or second in charge  I guess Neville never learnt anything off of the greatest epl manager there has been up till now.

Hart dropped by his club manager

Gerrard short passing very poor long passing iratic at best no demestic honors  and slow as f**k  / Wrong FA Cup & League Cup

baines cant defend but ok going forward no honors

Johnston cant defend ok going forward no honors/ 2 Prem league medals / FA cup / League cup

Rooney  been out of form for ages

sturridge plays for him self shoots on site even if team m8 is ods on to score

stirling sorry no number 10 honors nothing

wellbeck cant get in man u squad

might be an idea to start by getting a management set up

and dont even go  with the well there young or under 21s stuart pearce lmfho

start picking players not names  / Start getting your facts right, it is easy to make non facts up

Not vital in some respects but I think lack of CL for the majority of our players hurt us - experience wise. The CL is nothing like the PL in both a good way and bad way when it comes to internationals.

Hart - out in group stages and only played in them for the last couple or so years.

Johnson - Minimal, years ago.

Cahill - Experienced.

Jagielka - None

Baines - None

Henderson - None

Gerrard - Experienced but over 5 years ago.

Sterling - None

Welbeck - Don't know actually, is he usually a sub or...?

Sturridge - Some at CFC but not substantial.

Rooney - Experienced.

... I mean how are half of these guys going to handle the pressure of the biggest international cup tournament if they aren't used to it week in week out. The pressure and the amount of people waiting, watching, ready to pounce... It's takes a strong character and because most of them haven't experienced it before it knocked us for six IMO.

MBH thanks for pointing out there were 5 honors in the team lmfho and the tea lady learnt alot under alex

so the facts are its was a totaly crap display  i mean who the f**k plays with four strickers to holding mids

and asks the backs to push forward you will  end up with a two v two and heres a fact for you England are not going to win thr world cup

so try contributing instead of looking for flaws in other ppls posts

Stuart Pearce made an interesting point on talksh*te yesterday. Said that 2 years ago England played Germany in the u-21's euro final (think it was that). Six of that German team have progressed to the senior side and started the other night. Out of England's u-21 team none of that team have progressed to be starters in the senior team.

ENGLAND:

GK 22 Scott Loach
RB 2 Martin Cranie Substituted off 79'
CB 17 Micah Richards
CB 6 Nedum Onuoha Substituted off 46'
LB 19 Kieran Gibbs
DM 12 Fabrice Muamba Substituted off 78'
CM 4 Lee Cattermole
CM 10 Mark Noble ©
RW 7 James Milner
LW 11 Adam Johnson
CF 14 Theo Walcott
Substitutions:
DF 18 Michael Mancienne Substituted in 46'
MF 15 Jack Rodwell Substituted in 78'
MF 8 Craig Gardner Substituted in 79'

That's the lineup can you say any of those players would have made a massive difference?

It was 2009 when they made the final and you qualify if you are u21 when qualification starts so you can be 23 and still meet the requirement hence Milner. There are also several players from the 2011 team in the squad. Phil Jones, Sturridge, Wellbeck, Henderson, Walker etc. So what Pearce is on about I don't know. 

ENGLAND:

GK 22 Scott Loach
RB 2 Martin Cranie Substituted off 79'
CB 17 Micah Richards
CB 6 Nedum Onuoha Substituted off 46'
LB 19 Kieran Gibbs
DM 12 Fabrice Muamba Substituted off 78'
CM 4 Lee Cattermole
CM 10 Mark Noble ©
RW 7 James Milner
LW 11 Adam Johnson
CF 14 Theo Walcott
Substitutions:
DF 18 Michael Mancienne Substituted in 46'
MF 15 Jack Rodwell Substituted in 78'
MF 8 Craig Gardner Substituted in 79'

That's the lineup can you say any of those players would have made a massive difference?

No, that's the point he was making. The players haven't progressed. The German ones did, they moved on and became quality players. Ours didn't, and still rarely do. The best footballer we have is Rooney, and he wouldn't get into the Germany team, the Spanish team, the Brazilian team, or any other top team.

I think that's a bit harsh he would definitely make the German team, and he'd probably get a run for Spain and Brazil as well. Good strikers aren't in abundance right now.

Also you really think Martin Cranie or Lee Cattermole were ever going to progress enough to make a contribution to the England national team?

Also worthwhile noting they lost that final 4-0.

No, that's the point he was making. The players haven't progressed. The German ones did, they moved on and became quality players. Ours didn't, and still rarely do. The best footballer we have is Rooney, and he wouldn't get into the Germany team, the Spanish team, the Brazilian team, or any other top team.

He would have a good chance of making the German team, would probably get in ahead of Costa for Spain as well considering Rooney fits more into their false 9/passing mould, and he would walk into the Brazil team.

I think that's a bit harsh he would definitely make the German team, and he'd probably get a run for Spain and Brazil as well. Good strikers aren't in abundance right now.

Also you really think Martin Cranie or Lee Cattermole were ever going to progress enough to make a contribution to the England national team?

Also worthwhile noting they lost that final 4-0.

I don't think he'd get in any of those sides.

Did I say I think Craine or Cattermole were going to progress to the England national team?

I don't think he'd get in any of those sides.

Did I say I think Craine or Cattermole were going to progress to the England national team?

Well your suggestion was that England's players don't progress. I'm saying  it isn't as simple as that. Plenty of players are good enough at U21 level but never make it at senior level, not because they don't progress but because they never really possessed the talent to be in an open age team in any case. 

Odd choice of examples to use, Germany who only have 1 striker in their entire squad, Brazil who have resorted to using Fred and Jo, and Spain who have taken along Torres! Fairly sure Rooney would walk into any of those squads and probably start for any of them too.

the one thing other countrys have that england does not is a manager with pediagree

i do believe that england have the makings of an excellent team but they require a manager who can mold them into one

and an FA who are prepared to listen not always go for the yes men

after all is i not about making the most of what you have got not just making do

i believe someone said if you dont have two good cetre backs play with three

And just because you have an under 21 team it dont mean there any good

after all how many non chelsea fans could name the  u21 LEAGUE WINNING TEAM