World Cup - Match Day 13

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Well, for some reason we have a new thread every day which seems a bit silly to me, but hey!

I'll be boycotting the England game to watch what could quite possibly be the tie of the tournament.

Italy v Uruguay. Loser out of the WC. 

There's a guy in Sussex, England who stands to win £3,000 if Costa Rica. Had a £5 bet on them at 600-1 for them to win all three group games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-27994338

World Cup 2014: Fan to win £3,000 if England lose to Costa Rica
_75770364_75770363.jpgEngland fans have had little to cheer about at this summer's World Cup

An England fan is in line for a £3,000 windfall if Roy Hodgson's men lose to Costa Rica at the Brazil World Cup.

Scott Jardine, from Worthing, placed a £5 bet on Costa Rica winning all three of their group matches at the start of the tournament at odds of 600-1.

The 41-year-old is believed to be the only person in England to bet on a hat-trick of wins for the rank outsiders.

He said he "didn't fancy England at all" and thought the Central Americans would better suit the conditions.

Mr Jardine, who builds beach huts for a living, also admitted another reason that may have persuaded him to make the bet.

"I'm an England fan but I'm half Scottish," he said.

_75768389_75768387.jpgWith victories against Uruguay and Italy, Costa Rica fans have had plenty to celebrate
_75768954_75768390.jpgScott Jardine was given odds of 600-1 that Costa Rica would win all of their group matches

England play Costa Rica in Belo Horizonte at 17:00 BST. Having lost their previous two games against Italy and Uruguay, they are already out of the tournament.

Costa Rica, nicknamed Los Ticos, have already guaranteed their progress into the second round after winning their first two matches.

You know what, I hope he wins.  Thinking about the team changes for today, all this bollocks about giving everyone a game.  I think it's more to do with the embarrassment of possibility of the first team squad losing all three.  Where's captain fantastic, when the chips are down, not putting himself forward to play demanding that as captain it's his duty, no he's already talking about his holiday.   Cowardly c**t, I f**king hate him, worst England captain ever, with him no wonder we're the laughing stock of European football.

I would prefer for Italy to progress today, although mostly the European sides aren't fairing too well in this World Cup so I won't hold my breath. 

What happens if Italy draws with Uruguay, do they go through on goal difference? 

I would prefer for Italy to progress today, although mostly the European sides aren't fairing too well in this World Cup so I won't hold my breath. 

What happens if Italy draws with Uruguay, do they go through on goal difference? 

If it's a draw Italy will go through on goal difference. Read somewhere that Italy has only beaten Uruguay twice in the last nine games.

Clive Tyldesley just said "England are in this mess because the two english centre backs expected Steven Gerrard to get the ball"

So now not only does the fault lie with Jagielka alone and not Gerrard one bit, it's now Gary Cahills fault as well. Even though the ball came straight to Steven Gerrards head.

Edited by Slawth

Phil "the next John Terry" Jones just hasn't developed at all since he signed for Manchester United has he?

And I like Adam Lallana but no way is the boy ever worth £30m. 

Lallana is no better than Ashley Young was 3 years ago.

Lamps having a good game. Has played 3 good long range through balls and he has hardly got mentioned for it. SG makes those and the commentary team cream themselves.

The commentators cream themselves over Gerard passes that don't even find a teammate

Brilliant for Lampard, at least he has gotten the play moving forward, that's what England have needed.

Not saying Lampard would have done it for England because he probably wouldn't.

Brilliant for Lampard, at least he has gotten the play moving forward, that's what England have needed.

Not saying Lampard would have done it for England because he probably wouldn't.

Could well have, he's looking very comfortable in this pace of football.